Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls VI Speculation

Sentinel

Arcane
What? The article is specifically about Bethesda Game Studios, not Bethesda Softworks. You're talking about Bethesda Softworks.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014

Mortmal

Arcane
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-scrolls-6-isnt-in-development/

The Elder Scrolls 6 isn't in development

It's third on Bethesda's list of priorities.

With Skyrim: Special Edition last year, the Morrowind expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online this year, and now announcements for Skyrim VR and a Switch edition, you’ve probably been wondering if The Elder Scrolls 6 is the next thing on Bethesda’s agenda. Unfortunately, if you’ve been pining for a new game in the main series, you’ve got a long wait ahead of you.

“They have at least two major titles they are working on before we’re going to get to Elder Scrolls 6,” Bethesda’s Pete Hines said last night, while showing off more of The Evil Within 2.

And those two big titles don’t include all the other things Bethesda’s doing, like Skyrim VR. So there’s a lot to get through before The Elder Scrolls 6 starts getting some love. Development won’t even begin until those projects are done.

I guess it’s time to download another 200 mods for Skyrim, then.

Take a gander at the full interview below.

Cheers, PCGamesN.

Kirkbride was right. No TES news until 2020+ at the very least.

Course they wont, ES VI would compete with ESO right now. ESO is a lot more profitable, you cant torrent it, you are forced to buy the base game + extensions + subscription . You can charge 95 euros for an in game castle while in a classic elder scroll you just download it from the workshop for free. But that's not all ,there's several houses to buy, mounts, pets,chests , costumes, experience scrolls, and probably ton of things i am forgetting at outrageous prices but it works.
They will release something else once its completely outdated and milked everything they can .

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected

Ah... it has some useful functions, but still not what I seek. I'm guessing here, that one must use "OnGrab()" which kinda does something similar like a mouseray, when you click on something. However it's not the same because it only works in a very close distance. Therefore it's very limited in its usage. The scripting only allows to fiddle with some settings withing the narrow frame of Skyrim/Fallout gameplay, but doesn't allow you to access more abstract functions (which would allow much more freedom in modding).

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014

Ah... it has some useful functions, but still not what I seek. I'm guessing here, that one must use "OnGrab()" which kinda does something similar like a mouseray, when you click on something. However it's not the same because it only works in a very close distance. Therefore it's very limited in its usage. The scripting only allows to fiddle with some settings withing the narrow frame of Skyrim/Fallout gameplay, but doesn't allow you to access more abstract functions (which would allow much more freedom in modding).

Yeah, a lot of these scripts are made only with the current game in mind; however, the script extenders often make up for that.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I wonder if they would ever consider dropping another DLC for Skyrim. One that required the SE. Could be easy money.

fake edit: Stupid the easy money is from paid mods. Nevermind.

Aiff((AimpliesA)ImpliesA)

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
Übermensch

what do you seek?

Eggs is eggs

Learned
Economically they have little reason to make a single player ES6. ESO is a subscription service and ESL is a card game that requires people to keep buying packs. I'm sure those games are much more profitable than a one time purchase of a single player game.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They have far fewer players than Skyrim and Fallout 4 did though, those were real blockbusters.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
but does anyone play eso and esl?
if yes, it's another case of morons deserving their fate.

Shin

Cipher
the next TES game will be so 'streamlined' that it'll make skyrim look like wizardry anyhow

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
the next TES game will be so 'streamlined' that it'll make skyrim look like wizardry anyhow
"For the UI" said Todd "uh, you know, we wanted to tell a story this time, so it needed - yeah. We looked at dozens of, uh, concepts. We really wanted you, players, everybody who plays, to feel like they were in control. Uhm? We chose this design a-after one of those, what's called, 'ah-ha!' moments, the team and me." Pete interjects "I was bidding away the company's budget on sports jerseys, when Todd caught me in an awkward position. He told me what they had. I asked if he saw anything. He said 'n-no.' Best day of my life." Todd takes over "As you can see (can they see?) the design is similar to a moving picture show, uh, playing device. Those things. You can p-pause the game at any time to soak in all the awesome detail - really immerse yourself in the vistas." Pete continues "To resume the game, just select the arrow. You can rewind the game again and again, to relive all your favorite moments." "Or!" Todd remarks "You can even fast forward, that is, if the game's too slow, not that it is, and you, you just want that sweet action."

Game Journalist: "Fascinating, another 10/10 gentlemen. Todd Howard, charismatic as a motherfucker"

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
It's okay, Bethesda has their paid "content creators" now to help make quality things they're too lazy/inept to do. For the low price of 5.99 you too can have a goblin companion you can romance!

Iznaliu

Arbiter

I think they will mess up. It will still be a critical and commercial success, but it will be treated like Fallout 4.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
How hard do you think it will be to become a """PAID CONTENT CREATOR"""

or will it all really be a bunch of Todd mods?

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

They were literally showcasing dwarven mudcrab retexture. And it was on their showcase of E3. They considered this to be one of the best representations of quality to show at E3. Suffice to say, the bar is really fucking low.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected

They were literally showcasing dwarven mudcrab retexture. And it was on their showcase of E3. They considered this to be one of the best representations of quality to show at E3. Suffice to say, the bar is really fucking low.
Well, you think they're gonna show off all the Witcher mods, hentai, or leveling systems that claim to fix their broken shit?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
RK47 seems to be uniquely qualified to join the content curator team for Skyrim mods.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

Well, you think they're gonna show off all the Witcher mods, hentai, or leveling systems that claim to fix their broken shit?
Leveling systems yes, no to everything else. Well, possibly some of the hentai stuff. Oblivion did have texture horse anus, and Daggerfall had naked women in it.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
IMO the most impressive (showcase wise) Oblivion/Skyrim mods are the ones that add custom armor sets. Some of those are ridiculously well done. The games are popular enough to sometimes attract very talented 3D artists.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I had trouble finding custom armor sets for Oblivion. Mostly all I could find were retexures and high res versions or already existing sets. Got any recommendations?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom