Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls VI Speculation

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
It's going to be Hammerfell
Replace Skyrim's tundra with bland desert, replace snowniggers with sandniggers, add some another ridiculous plot about High Elf nazis
?????
profit
RmTLUGb.png

Needs to have only four stats.
What are the four stats of a soulless huckster?

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
I think the next Great War will end with the Empire dissolving and Skyrim being free anyway...

I think the Stormcloak cause has the decisive moral high ground, but I do think that ultimately their rebellion was a strategic mistake if only because it means fighting and dying for something that they'd eventually be getting anyway.
IIRC, Aldmeri Dominon is on a conquest. If Skyrim remains in the Empire, Nords are neutered, but have the Legion to protect them. If Skyrim secedes, it gets gobbled up by Aldmeri Dominion, because it has no truce with them and AD has some ancient butthurt about Nords for something I forgot. Basically, divide and conquer.

And yeah, judging by the lore, Bethesda is p. much killing off the Empire and replacing it with AD, because they've run out of antagonists and nazi fops in gay uniforms are the next best thing.
Which is too bad, the Empire was :obviously: as fuck. Feels like they've jumped centuries each game, but haven't done anything of worth with each setting since MW. What a waste.

Stormcloaks are tribalist scum. There's a bunch of weirdos trying to unmake the world ffs.
You're confusing them with Forsworn. Those were p. retarded, yeah.
IIRC Skyrim has incredibly good natural defenses. It's very very hard to invade skyrim, as it's almost all choke points into the area. On top of that, theyd only be able to invade by Hammerfell, or Cyrodil, both of which are against the thalmor.

As for the thing the Thalmor hate the Nords for I think it's due to their incredibe anti-elf stance, to the point of their ancestors nearly wiping out the snow elves centuries ago, as well as Skyrim being considered the birthplace of man. Nords are also the strongest supporters of Talos, eg the human god, and are/were the strongest supporter of the empire and a very powerful fighting force.

As for the Dominion conquering skyrim, I doubt it. Skyrim is actually pretty fucking strong, when they really get going. Before it ever came to Skyrim being conquered and the Nords extreme dislike for the thalmor after the white gold concordat, odds are the Nords would make an alliance with Hammerfell and High Rock to take on the Thalmor without the cyrodils and the empire, as theyre kinda the black sheep of the family, betraying almost everyone in the war.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
It's most likely due to GPUs. I have an amd GPU and it seems like Bethesda games don't play well recently with them. Now, while I can install up to 4k textures no problem in reg skyrim and an enb and lighting overhaul with at least 30 fps, in SE I have stutters and other issues with it on launch with no mods. Essentially, your experience may vary. I wasnt impressed however. And it's all a moot point at this point anyhow, as SE modding seems to be dead in the water.

Performance seems to vary widely. I played the SE, mostly in order to try the Dragonborn DLC (never did in classic Skyrim) and somehow managed to crash more with fewer mods installed. Didn't like the godray effects, made things too bright and yellowish.
Honestly could be Bethesda never bothered to fix any of their bugs from the game the first time around, and Solstheim might have had a whole bunch that shit like the Unofficial patch fixed.

The Ra Gada will sink Summurset Isle just like Yokuda.
Aren't they all dead after the civil war and blowing up their island with the sword version of a nuke?

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Yokuda's still inhabited, and I think it's said in Oblivion that merchants from Anvil go often. If you want to get technical, Ra Gada are only the ones who left Yokuda. Yoku stayed behind on Yokuda.

Supposedly no one knows the Pankratosword, the atomic sword move, because it was, according to Kirkbride's story the Sword Meeting, erased from all memory.

Drax

Arcane
Making a game about an alliance of blonde, blue-eyed nordic berserkers and negro samurais fighting a decadent literally-hitler empire is a fucking goldmine in <currentyear>.
I would totally go for it. *dreams about them shekels falling all over nubile naked women*

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Considering they just did TESO Morrowind, we can at least be pretty sure that the next game is not going to be set there.

I just hope they have some balls and set it in Akavir.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I just hope they have some balls and set it in Akavir.

I feel like that would require too much work and new lore to the point where if they attempted it with their current staff (lol) it would be total garbage, probably would get pandas as a playable race.

Next game is probably going to be full VR.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I'd be shocked if Bethesda was ever again willing to take the risk of setting a numbered Elder Scrolls game even in one of the three Elf provinces (i.e. Summurset Isle, Valenwood, Morrowind), and they certainly would never set a game in Elsweyr or Black Marsh due to these Khajiit and Argonian lands being even further removed from a generic fantasy medieval setting. Since the last two games took place in Cyrodiil and Skyrim, they'll probably return to High Rock and/or Hammerfell for The Elder Scrolls VI. There's an outside chance that they actually will set the game in Akavir, but if they do the inhabitants will be humans and their culture will be fantasy Chinese/Japanese, with little relation to established lore.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Bethesda must be preparing for TES 6 PR campaign if they told pewdiepie to play Oblivion, because no one sane would play it on their own will, right?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Bethesda must be preparing for TES 6 PR campaign if they told pewdiepie to play Oblivion, because no one sane would play it on their own will, right?
he didn't actualy play it. he just watched a bunch of other people's videos of it. laaaaaaaaaaaaazy.

He seems like he is promoting it
in a half assed way maybe. he complemented Todd and softballed how he basically lied about the AI. not sure if shilling and just bad at it or trying to be kind while laughing at how bad the game was...

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Either bethesda is gonna be too lazy to make akavir (instead they will make generic human focused province again)

or they will go oblivion way and retcon something to make an exotic distant land a generic bland brittania clone fantasy and cop out everything like they always do since oblivion

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Either bethesda is gonna be too lazy to make akavir (instead they will make generic human focused province again)

or they will go oblivion way and retcon something to make an exotic distant land a generic bland brittania clone fantasy and cop out everything like they always do since oblivion

some more info

The first part has already come true. Skyrim is centered around the Civil War between the Stormcloaks and the Imperial Empire. Rebelling against the White-Gold Concordat (the peace treaty signed between the Third Aldmeri Dominion and the Tamrielic Empire), the Stormcloaks want the Empire out of Skyrim and honor Talos (otherwise known as Tiber Septim), the Emperor-turned-god whose worship is forbidden in the White-Gold Concordat. At their head was Ulfric Stormcloak, who killed/murdered (depending on which side you take) the former High King Torygg in a duel. On the other side you had the Empire, who want to continue ruling Skyrim and are supported (or, ahem, monitored) by the Thalmor, powerful representatives of the Third Aldmeri Dominion.
Right. So, all that mess basically adds up to one giant Civil War. With the Empire focused on regaining control of Skyrim, their already-vulnerable position certainly isn’t helped by the fact that the culmination of the Dark Brotherhood questline has you assassinate the current Emperor, Titus Mede II himself. The Empire is about as weak as it’s ever going to get, making it the perfect time for the Akaviri to strike.

In TES VI you will play as the 'hortator' that will either stop the invasion or invade and take over.
From the sounds of it, it is possible that TES VI will feature a mechanic similar to Mount and blade 2 bannerlord, of conquering cities.

Last edited:

Supposedly the plot of VI is hidden in Morrowind

WP1QGRO.jpg

AkaVIr
If it is this, this is probably just a Rolston idea the threw out after he left and want to come back to that they are completely idea bankrupt.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If it is this, this is probably just a Rolston idea the threw out after he left and want to come back to that they are completely idea bankrupt.

They did plenty of others hints also, like some of the scrolls in daggerfall said 'skyrim' one after another and there were mentions of Oblivion in Morrowind also, seems like they like to leave those kind of hints.

These were elements of the lore of the world. Skyrim was a place. You could visit it in the previous game.

Like I said, these were just ideas that had been come up with. Probably by half-way decent writers that Todd fired for guys like Emil.

There is no grand, arching storyline they are foreshadowing a la Witcher 3's expansion packs that were foreshadowed since the first trailer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom