Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eldritch (Lovecraftian Thief-Dishonored-esque Roguelike)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eh, I'm too lazy to explain, but if you can find any of their short story books near you give them a read.

on a side note, SO, I ordered Eldritch. This guarantees me a steam version if the games makes it to steam, so who may want it? When I receive it I will do a drawing.

I would be interested in that steak key.

EDIT:
lol best typo ever

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/252630/discussions/0/3570700856110950300/

Eldritch Reanimated (Build 400)

Technical changes
  • 64-bit binaries
  • New audio engine
  • FXAA
  • Vsync and unlocked timestep options (i.e., 144 fps?)
Quality of life improvements
  • Help menu
  • "Go to folder" option
  • Warning before entering Mountains of Madness
  • MoM, Asylum, and Halloween entrances are hidden until after one regen
New content
  • Dozens of rooms in 3 main worlds
  • Blast power
  • Flintlock pistol
  • Nightgaunt enemy
  • Splitting bug enemy
  • Cod liver oil
  • Dress boots
  • Smelting kit
  • Lockbox loot
  • Blood pool
  • Cross

There's probably some bugs, this is a new 64-bit binary that hasn't been extensively tested. If you have trouble, use the 32-bit (classic) option to play with the original binary (all the new content is still available in 32-bit/classic mode).

Unlocked Timestep mode should be considered experimental, and may cause some new bugs, but it should also make 144fps available finally!

(Btw, the developer has joined Question Games, the studio formed by the director of Bioshock 2, working on The Blackout Club.)

DraQ

Arcane
"A first-person action game inspired by roguelikes, immersive sims, and H. P. Lovecraft.
Coming October 21 to Windows PC from David Pittman and Minor Key Games."

"What is Eldritch?
Eldritch is a first-person action game inspired by roguelikes, immersive sims, and H. P. Lovecraft.

• Unearth ancient secrets and find your way to freedom!
  • Sneak, fight, and explore strange worlds!
  • Invoke mystical powers to augment your play style!
  • Randomly generated levels provide fresh challenges and opportunities!
  • Unlock shortcuts to jump directly to deeper dungeons!"

This looks like it could be pretty fucking good (the idea at least is).
Nice, I want!

:what:

There is no god.
In retrospect a game able to knock a fucking atheist way out of their comfort zone with this realization is pretty lovecraftian, alright.
:prosper:
*gibbering terror*

"Hey we're going to put silly music on our trailer because we're afraid of any criticism so we'll make it look like we weren't taking it seriously or trying hard in the first place, and also we're going to disable comments anyways and put some soy-chugging faggot's face on the youtube profile picture."
Not very appealing, honestly.

Explorerbc

Arcane
I coincidentally decided to randomly play this two days ago. It's a fun little game, the theme is good and it's fairly easy - finished it on second try in 5 hours

I coincidentally decided to randomly play this two days ago. It's a fun little game, the theme is good and it's fairly easy - finished it on second try in 5 hours
Yup, agreed. Dunno if I'd exactly call the theme GOOD when you've got devil penguins or whatever, but for a semi-sandbox semi-kinda-sorta-roguelike-like sneaker it's a neat enough thing. Wouldn't say it's nearly a $15 game but if it's in a bundle or in a sale you can have a few hours of tolerable fun.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I thought sure I owned this game but I must own some other forgettable indie attempt at a Thief/Deus Ex clone. I remember that one being disappointing as well.

Edit: Neon Struct!

Last edited:
"Hey we're going to put silly music on our trailer because we're afraid of any criticism so we'll make it look like we weren't taking it seriously or trying hard in the first place, and also we're going to disable comments anyways and put some soy-chugging faggot's face on the youtube profile picture."
Not very appealing, honestly.

Exactly. It's a shield for criticism.

It's one of those games that launch on steam to 0 players because nobody can tell the difference between it and the 100 other games released the same day that look just like it. They were lucky to get it out at a time when the store was far less competitive

mck

Cipher
I thought sure I owned this game but I must own some other forgettable indie attempt at a Thief/Deus Ex clone. I remember that one being disappointing as well.

Edit: Neon Struct!

made by the same guys! i actually thought neon struct was pretty inoffensive and was fun enough in short bursts. i went ahead and scored a cheap key for this game. will check it out sometime in the next couple of years and report back

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's a decent game, got it back in the day in a bundle with Neon Struct, which is also decent.

Nothing groundbreaking there and the artstyle is eeeeeh but it brings some new stuff to a severely under-served genre, so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom