Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Element Space - turn-based sci-fi tactical RPG

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by LESS T_T, Jul 11, 2018.

1. StaticSpine Arcane Patron

StaticSpine
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong

• incline incline x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. kirin Literate

kirin
    It's a bit unfortunate that there's not as much exploration and interaction, since all these maps are handcrafted. The level of interaction can even be as little as lore exposition or NPCs commenting as you click around map objects.

Just battle-to-battle is fine, a lot of indie games are like that, but if the game is just battles, then those battles have to be really good. Really hoping to hear some impressions of the tactics from midgame, since early game tactics appears to be purely positioning-based.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Pope Amole II Prestigious Gentleman Nerd Commando Game Studios Developer

Pope Amole II
    This game is a librul piece of shit and should be roasted as such.

So there's 4 alignment directions to go for - Autocracy-Bureaucracy axis and Humanism-Independence one. Ok, I play the hardass Autocratic captain and, when the first mission (and companion) choice arrives, I go to Jupiter to help out my russian bros crush some puny librul-loving rebellion. And, since it was a companion mission, I expected to get a stone cold killer russian merc as a side kick.

But, ofc, no fun allowed with the libruls. No russians to. The denizens of the station (which I'm supposed to be working for) are showcased as the caricature-ish xenophobic slavers, rushing to kill me without even listening to my arguments. Allahu akbaring themselves in the process - because, you know, it's such a russian thing, yeah. Whether I'm wanting it or not, I'm forced to support rebels - roleplaying, lol. Choices, lol. And instead of glorious russian merc, I'm stuck with some afro-american swindler. Fuck yeah.

Add to this that in the previous dialogue (unrelated, just happened before this mission) there was a married couple mentioned and of course it was lesbian. Who would've guessed.

I suppose that the majority of other C&C in this game goes the same way and so it's mostly biowarian "have 4 reply variants which all mean one and the same thing" style of a roleplay.

Oh, and it's very easy to explain the relentless whining about game difficulty on the steam forums - the balance is shit. Ranged is utter trash and sure, it'll make the game almost impossible for ya. Melee is lolbroken, however, and it just rapes everything. Muh combat design, lol.

• Informative x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Edgy x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Harry Easter Learned

Harry Easter
    Played the end of the first mission, failed and could only restart the whole mission. I think they are not lying, when they write that failure IS an option. The A.I. is not perfect, but you shouldn't underestimate it or the skills of your enemies. This is still interesting, but I will wait until they have the engine under control.

And I would really like to change the face of the maincharacter. This is the most generic guy-face ever. Where are the beards? Real men wear real beards!

^ Top  
  5. kirin Literate

kirin
    So you have to finish fights within the turn limits or you can't progress at all? It's not just a penalty?

^ Top  
  6. Harry Easter Learned

Harry Easter
    No, most fights just have a penalty, but this time (endboss-fight) I have a turnlimit and either I win or fail, but the game keeps going. This is an interesting spin on "your choices have consequences."

And I can only restart the mission two times so far. I haven't tried out that feature completely, but I guess it just informs what I wrote above.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    ^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Character introductions:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • decline decline x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    so... kind of character Lhynn would roll

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    More:

And characters:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Not sure if this is recommended marketing practice:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    MOAR:

Website says eight companions so I guess that's all of them?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. StaticSpine Arcane Patron

StaticSpine
    [​IMG]

:lol:

• Funny x 4
    • Brofist x 1
    • nice x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. StaticSpine Arcane Patron

StaticSpine
    I think I'll try authoritarian ways. Slavic Union is the way to go:salute:

• Yes Yes x 1
    • M'lady M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Crichton Erudite

Crichton

:troll:

^ Top  
  16. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
  20. frajaq Learned

frajaq
    It's weird this should be one of these games perfect for me but something feels really off watching these videos, but I can't even put it in words

• When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Just three months of Early Access: https://steamcommunity.com/games/887370/announcements/detail/1752366427075859284

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Blackstaff Savant

Blackstaff
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    This is out:

https://gamasutra.com/view/pressrel..._PC_AT_A_SPECIAL_LIMITEDTIME_LAUNCH_PRICE.php

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)