Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

v1rus

Arcane
how many difficulties are there?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Difficulty in obtaining game, finding proper graphics settings, and evading bugs and broken scripting. Then you are encountering stuff that is in two categories. Cakewalk. They two shot you.

v1rus

Arcane
Difficulty in obtaining game, finding proper graphics settings, and evading bugs and broken scripting. Then you are encountering stuff that is in two categories. Cakewalk. They two shot you.

We back to town boyiz.

That aside, i REALLY fucking hate difficulty levels. Never know which one to pick. Also, it creates different environments (and thus, games) for different pplz :decline:

Jinn

Arcane
We back to town boyiz.

That aside, i REALLY fucking hate difficulty levels. Never know which one to pick. Also, it creates different environments (and thus, games) for different pplz :decline:

Well, considering this is nu-PB, and you're a fan of Gothic, seems like the highest difficulty will probably be the route to go in ELEX. My guess is it will be adjustable whenever anyway, though.

v1rus

Arcane
We back to town boyiz.

Well, considering this is nu-PB, and you're a fan of Gothic, seems like the highest difficulty will probably be the route to go in ELEX. My guess is it will be adjustable whenever anyway, though.

Well 90% time i spent playing Gothic was back when I was < 14 years old. Back then, I did have time to run back to the old camp so the guards would kill the orcs chasing me, but these days... Meh, if its good, Ill find the time.

At least my Skill point ocd wont go crazy like it does in NotR

Jinn

Arcane
Well 90% time i spent playing Gothic was back when I was < 14 years old. Back then, I did have time to run back to the old camp so the guards would kill the orcs chasing me, but these days... Meh, if its good, Ill find the time.

Just play the game as it comes, brother. This is ELEX. Savor it.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
For majority of games, normal no reload.
For King A. Roleplaying wargame, easy for first playtrough. They added VERY easy difficulty in a patch for a reason.
For Precursors. Well lets say there are normal difficulties, and there are Russian difficulties. And Russian normal is called impossible by players in rest of the world. On the other hand easy might be at least somewhat close to rest of the world normal.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I disliked all the Gothic games. A big part was lack of good rpg mechanics and the overly shitty, unfixable controls.

But all the whining of console gamers, especially the retarded Witcher 3 people, and their superficial complaints are making wish I was able to buy this game without the $10 sale discount just to support more anything that pisses off their retarded console non=rpg superficial sensibilities. I don't think I'm going to like this game much, but I've been pleasantly surprised before by lots of games.

Also, to the retards letting reviews sway their opinions - stop being brain dead fucking morons. If reviews were worth while they wouldn't be full of bloviating. Like what you like, try what interests you, and don't let other people do your thinking for you. Your brain is a muscle, use it to make it stronger. The same goes for independence. Thinking, try, think more, and then even more. Come up with your own opinion, only impacted by your own thoughts. Fuck the hipsters. Be your own man.

Also, if reviews were pertinent at all to normal, thinking people ask yourself why no reviewer is willing to list their top 10 favorite games from the last five years? I've been asking for this for years and not even the reviewers on this site are willing to offer up this secret information. Why? Because people willing to waste stupid people's time trying to manipulate their thoughts are even stupider people and intrinsically have shit taste they want to hide lest their stupid followers brains sloggingly start churning and add up two and two and they see they are blinding following frauds.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
It's truly hilarious witnessing the final effects of so many years of dumbing down and the popamoling of "RPGs" over the years:

- It's too hard!

- You have to actually find someone to learn new skills!

- Where are the trainers?!?

- SO DIFFICULT!

Reap what thouest have unwittingly sewn, thou casual heathens. HA!

ELEX!

I'd be interested in you telling me your top 10 favorite games of the last five years.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PSU said:
ELEX is unnecessarily hard. Even when playing on the easiest difficulty level I was massacred by everything. The first bandit I encountered killed me in about two hits. Twelve hours later that same bandit would kill me in three hits. Everything is so hard to kill and so high level I don’t know how anyone is able to progress in the game.
Upgrading Jax is just as painful as combat. When you level up you can distribute points across various attributes like strength, dexterity, and intelligence. This is all fine and well until you get to the meat of upgrades, your abilities. If you want to learn any sort of abilities you first have to earn the favor of the leader of whatever town you’re in.
That's just the first problem, the second problem comes in finding Trainers. These Trainers are the only ones that can teach you specific abilities. The problem is the restrictions placed on these abilities. First, you have to win approval, then you have to have enough points placed into specific categories.
The hurdles placed in the game are just insane.

How the fuck is this suppose to be a bad thing? Jesus christ.

Oh yeah, I forgot that these people don't actually want to play their video games. They want to watch them. Disgusting.
i want to puke reading thus cancer

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Well, there is a difference between a game being difficult, and game having a bad design. Back in Gothic 3 you could take down bunch of orcs almost right away, but 1 boar was an undefeatable foe. We really need to wait and give the game a go, before figuring out which one it is.

It sure looks interesting though, they do seem to try some new mechanics and idea in this game.

ortucis

Prophet
Yeah, but if the AI sucks or animations are jerky people will whine about it and sales will suffer.

Similiar with Gothic 3. A fine game but had quite a bit of issues around the release I believe.

Yeah, just minor issues like almost no one being able to play it reliably until a half decade later. It's easy to think that Gothic 3 is a fine game if you come to it now since it's at least playable due to fan modding / patching. Back when it was released and for many years after it was a miserable shit show.

I played Gothic 3 when it only had official patches and no unofficial ones. It worked fine, never noticed any balance issues and dealt with the "stun lock" from enemies like a champ, thinking it was a challenge, not an issue (after finishing the game, I saw Gothic pros whining about it in forums and it was "fixed" in the unofficial patch).

Then again, my first third person RPG was Oblivion and that game pissed me off (posted about that bit before), maybe that's why Gothic 3 felt like a heaven to me. G3 was actually a good game in comparison to Oblivion, but fanboys hated G3 and I didn't care. It was amazing to me as a newcomer to Gothic universe.

Last edited:
Well in PB's defense...

giant-boar-600x450.jpg

I would probably have better luck fighting a bunch of feral orcs from Detroit than that beast...

As for the Playstation game reviewer - What the actual fuck? His review is one of the best endorsements a casual consoletard could ever hope to pen.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Well, there is a difference between a game being difficult, and game having a bad design. Back in Gothic 3 you could take down bunch of orcs almost right away, but 1 boar was an undefeatable foe. We really need to wait and give the game a go, before figuring out which one it is.

It sure looks interesting though, they do seem to try some new mechanics and idea in this game.

Many people have been killed by wild boars, but I've never seen someone die to an orc. Looks realistic to me.

Jinn

Arcane
This guy started a channel about ELEX and I've enjoyed all of his videos. This one is about game reviewers.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It's truly hilarious witnessing the final effects of so many years of dumbing down and the popamoling of "RPGs" over the years:

- It's too hard!

- SO DIFFICULT!

ELEX!

I'd be interested in you telling me your top 10 favorite games of the last five years.

Off the top of my head:

- Witcher 3
- Underrail
- Grimoire
- Uhhhh..............

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

- It's too hard!

- SO DIFFICULT!

ELEX!

Off the top of my head:

- Witcher 3
- Underrail
- Grimoire
- Uhhhh..............

So in five years you liked 3 games?

ortucis

Prophet

- It's too hard!

- SO DIFFICULT!

ELEX!

Off the top of my head:

- Witcher 3
- Underrail
- Grimoire
- Uhhhh..............

- Fallout 4

- Prey

- Doom

- Gene Roddenberry's Electronic Art's: Andromeda

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

- It's too hard!

- SO DIFFICULT!

ELEX!

Off the top of my head:

- Witcher 3
- Underrail
- Grimoire
- Uhhhh..............

- Fallout 4

- Prey

- Doom

- Gene Roddenberry's Electronic Art's: Andromeda

I was already certain the vast majority of the codex community where rpg hating console retards. I just love how the staff here are to cowardly to admit the 10 games they love. I bet not one will list them, and the ones they list will be the acceptable ones to like per the retarded hivemind of the small portion of this community that have even tried playing rpgs.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
My only worry thus far is that from everything we've seen, it looks like there is a lot of grinding + fetch quests - more like Gothic 3 less like Gothic 1&2, hope I'm wrong.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I never preorder, but all the hype on this thread made me preorder Elex.

I’m counting on the elexticipation to get me through what would otherwise be a terrible day. Praise Elex, amen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom