Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Discussion in 'Piranha Bytes' started by Jools, Jan 20, 2015.

1. sser Arcane Cuck Developer

sser
    Is Elex the Cuphead of Dark Souls??

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Yes Yes x 6
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Great Deceiver Arcane

Great Deceiver
    I don't think the review scores are hard to get at all. People expect to be held by the hand and push the awesome button for 50 hours while watching the newest Netflix series on their 2nd monitor.

I've no doubt that Elex has made a lot of concessions to new design sensibilities, but it's never enough for these people - if the game doesn't constantly positively reinforce their Pavlovian rodent prefrontal cortex with cheap stimuli, it's shit 3/10.

Note that this isn't a defense of Elex at all - it might be shit for all I know; but this is a pattern that repeats itself. People don't want to play games that challenge them anymore, in any way.

Also, Grimoire is fucking great.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It is the salvation of humanity.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. jarmaro Arbiter

jarmaro
    This video was most shocking thing I've ever watched about gaming. When I was playing R3 I thought this game is retarded... beceause it hadn't got ANY difficulty. If I din't know who he was, I'd think he is mentally retarded.
    I farmed entire islands with basic equipment, I spammed to death everything. It was one of the easiest games I've ever played.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. ortucis Prophet

ortucis
    40 mins left to unlock here.

Also, kinda obvious from reviews so far, that these reviewers are the types that think Mass Effect series has challenging combat and AMAZING game world with best leveling up system ever created (you know, how series progressed and it became simpler and simpler to accommodate every retard playing ME). These retards make up the audience for people like Jim Sterling, demanding lower difficulty in games like Cuphead as well.

Most of us who are waiting for this game haven't even started posting reviews on places like Steam and Metacritic as well. You will see the REAL changes in scores after we are all done playing.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Ironman?

Also how do you know angry joe isn't retarded?

^ Top  
  7. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Of course. "Challenging" means "really easy but with just the right illusion that my superpower handsome but also brooding loner popular with the ladies' penis beam may not destroy all the enemies at once", while "stupid hard" is any kind of difficulty that makes them stop pressing buttons for a moment and think. What they really want is for every game to give them the same masturbatory curve.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. jarmaro Arbiter

jarmaro
    The denial is strong in you.
    "The reviews are bad beceause reviewers are stupid and probably liked other games"

• retadred retadred x 6
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    Just wanted to do a quick re-post of something I posted in July for any newcomers to this thread. This consideration is a part of why I was able to look at ELEX with fresh eyes. Just feel it's relevant when people use R2 and R3 as absolute examples of why PB is beyond redemption.

• Brofist x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    That is kinda true, boyo.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. odrzut Arbiter

odrzut
    So, this is the third game I preordered (other are Witcher 2 and 3), and it's all because of you. If it sucks you owe me.

• hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    :hahano:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. ortucis Prophet

ortucis
    If it sucks, then you're getting a free blowjob from a GOTY called ELEX.

You should be happy, 2 for 1 deal here.

Also, 9 mins left.

^ Top  
  14. Turisas Arch Devil Patron

Turisas
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Junmarko Goomba Patron

Junmarko

• incline incline x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Fenix Cipher Vatnik

Fenix
    Even if yes, waiting for this game was more exciting then Orcs from the Box, or Wicher3. For me of course.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)