Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
So... Is there anything left to wait for (patches,dlc etc) or can one safely begin playing?
IIRC there will be one final patch in the future but the game is essentially as good as it could be now.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
No DLC because PB apparently hates DLCs.

and that is good

Yes, but also NOTR.

giphy.gif

Latelistener

Arcane
No DLC because PB apparently hates DLCs.
They got some negative rep because of Risen 2 DLC that were basically cut out of the base game and sold separately (console commands could unlock them).
Bjorn said it's on Deep Shitter and I'm not surprised.
An addon would be nice though.

Modron

Arcane
Eh I don't mind their jumping straight into making the sequel approach, probably better for our money spent versus how many hours of content we get out of it than any dlc expansion could provide. It is probably a better fiscal approach as I would doubt more than a quarter of customers even bother to get dlc for most games. Furthermore, they also got grants to make another game don't know if you can get financial support money to produce a dlc.

Ranarama

Learned
It is probably a better fiscal approach as I would doubt more than a quarter of customers even bother to get dlc for most games.

Same is true of sequels. Sales go down unless you're some sports or popamole franchise.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So the next thing they release is Elex 2? Any news on that? Probably uses the same engine and all... I mean, I'm okay with that. There is not much stuff like PB games on the market nowadays.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Kingdom come is actually a good ARPG.
It's good because of the realism aspect but due to a lack of time and money to make their overambitious game, all of that game's systems are pretty broken or unfinished and the design is pretty fucked.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
So the next thing they release is Elex 2? Any news on that? Probably uses the same engine and all... I mean, I'm okay with that. There is not much stuff like PB games on the market nowadays.
They're probably making Elex 2 right up next. They got €250k from an EU grant, IIRC they got it before Elex 1 was even out. If it's a Gothic 1/2 situation the game might come out in less than 2 years from this point.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Kingdom come is actually a good ARPG.
It's good because of the realism aspect but due to a lack of time and money to make their overambitious game, all of that game's systems are pretty broken or unfinished and the design is pretty fucked.
I wouldn't go that far but sure there are a few broken thing,still better than any AAA game. Also the same could be told about ELEX,combat is pretty fucked up as any PB game,except maybe Risen,that game did have really good and tactical combat.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
No, because in Elex the core always stays the same skill and timing based core it always has been where you have to chain your combos, use your parries and dodge fast to survive. In KCD you push up against your enemy, spam M1 and hit as much as your stamina allows while he can't hit back since things like combos are near impossible to pull off as either the enemy dies before it finishes, or he blocks, parries or masterstrikes you (which ALL high level enemies always do.) Feigning attacks is also pointless and has never yielded me results where I can think "oh yeah, I feigned that attack which allowed me to get a couple of free hits" since that attack would have connected or be blocked/parried/masterstriked anyway, depending on what level the enemy was. Essentially every system in KCD is like this, this one thing that makes the entire design pointless. Why should I EVER buy Savior Schnapps for 70 gold a piece when I can get nettles for free from anywhere and get the other plant for 10 gold and a napkin, and cook 20 bottles of it?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well the first half of the game,the combat is pretty fun,after that it become too easy and the enemy learn riposte.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
If you don't cheese the game (i.e knocking out the first knight you see and stealing his shit, getting the best gear in the game minutes after the prologue) and loot or buy all your gear, the sweet point is around 10-15 hours of game time where your gear is a mix of cloth, some chainmail and maybe some basic plate armor and where AI reacts relatively naturally, instead of blocking every single attack or never blocking at all.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If you don't cheese the game (i.e knocking out the first knight you see and stealing his shit, getting the best gear in the game minutes after the prologue) and loot or buy all your gear, the sweet point is around 10-15 hours of game time where your gear is a mix of cloth, some chainmail and maybe some basic plate armor and where AI reacts relatively naturally, instead of blocking every single attack or never blocking at all.
Yeah,the combat system is pretty good but have flaws. Do hope that they make another game and polish the system. Most games could be cheesed,in Gothic 2 you could beat anyone in melee combat by just spamming block,doesn't make it bad game. ELEX and KC are the best ARPGs in the last few years,now i am expecting the new Spiders game.

Yosharian

Arcane
I find it hard to understand what's going on during combat. I constantly try to feint and it never seems to do anything

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom