Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX's treatment by the mainstream gaming media

Unwanted

MI.Tex

Unwanted
I bought it a few days ago and I'm almost 11 hours in, and I love it. The setting is unique and executed very well, the world is fun to explore, the quests are well written, the different factions actually make sense and all have goals and beliefs I can understand, and the characters interesting.
I haven't had this much fun in an RPG since Oblivion.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
"Most of the way this huge action-roleplaying game works is carried over from its excellent spiritual predecessors, Gothic and Gothic II. It is the Shadows of Amn to Gothic II’s Baldur's Gate, if you will – it iterates on the previous game’s already amazing systems, and it’s similarly dense with locations to explore, genuinely dangerous monsters to fight, and superbly engrossing post-apocalyptic atmosphere that blends interesting factions and sci-fi with eurojank. After more than 55 hours played I may have seen an ending, yet I feel like I’ve only begun to explore its extraordinary world; from the look of it, I’ll easily be able to spend another 100 happy hours here and still see new and exciting things."

Imagine if the ELEX review started out like this, was written by a monocled Codexer, and tell me you wouldn't be creaming your pants. This is the effect a "no facts - purely opinion review" has on people: it gets you excited without having said anything at all.

Master

Arbiter
dis could be mindblowing but bear with me

mayhap the crux is in the word pre-release

makes u think dunnit

Doesnt matter if its pre release or post release, just if its warranted or not. So Codex shits on ELEX pre release, other sites post release. But the game looks and plays exactly the same before and after so why the change of heart now. Its no surprise from Ign and others but the Codex behavior was pretty unusual. I mean people here shit on everything but it was way over the top in case of ELEX. Were Risen 2 and 3 just that traumatic?

Vlajdermen

Arcane
It seems to me like the reviewer wanted to like this game but gave it a low score because he's either expected to pander to normies or because he needs to balance out the high and low scores and has already wasted the highs on garbage like Breath of the Wild.

Or he's just really thick. One way or another, fuck IGN, fuck Gamespot, fuck Polygon and fuck the rest of them.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Eh, the first Bordelands coop was kinda fun in a broken and cartoony way. The mods you could sometimes roll on weapons were really awesome. But the Se/Pre-quels...
Well, they balanced them. And thus, removed the fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom