Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

Mortmal

Arcane
That was promised so long ago already.. Kickstarter money making wonders? Also no video, nothing, why arent they putting slighlty more effort into this. I know its david braben and all but still.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
"£1,250,000 goal"

That's two million dollars.

They don't even have a presentation video.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's perfect. It has one title image and a nice block of explanatory text. Do you really need a 1080p Cinematic Internet Experience™ interspersed with expensive commissioned art? For Elite?

Now, I agree that without some kind of impressive presentation, he may not be able to attract enough casual gamers to meet his goal.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Now, I agree that without some kind of impressive presentation, he may not be able to attract enough casual gamers to meet his goal.
That was what I was getting at.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
It's time to start placing bets before we know how this Kickstarter will pan out.

I bet a $100 donation to the Codex that he'll at least meet his goal, meaning if he doesn't meet it, I'll donate $100 to the Codex... in addition to an undisclosed amount I already planned on donating at some point whenever I got around to it.

You saw it here folks, right on the first page!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Well I hope you enjoy your lifetime patron or whatever you get for $100 because I doubt he'll get even half of what he's asking.

Raapys

Arcane
Didn't even notice it was pounds. That does change things a bit. The new wing commander stuff wasn't even close to that amount, was it?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Didn't even notice it was pounds. That does change things a bit. The new wing commander stuff wasn't even close to that amount, was it?

The new Wing Commander's goal was $2m and currently stands at $2,823,721 raised, with 13 days remaining. However, that's not the only funding RSI will be relying upon.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
There will never be another year quite like 2012. Double Fine Adventure, Wasteland 2, Space Quest, Quest for Glory, Shadowrun, Project Eternity, Wing Commander, Elite, Grimoire, and more coming out of the woodwork wanting my money. Every single last one of these beggars is the sequel or spiritual sequel or furtherance of some game I enjoyed from the 1980s or 1990s.

Well, better to get while the getting's good, though I can't help but think they're stretching the old-school (and general) gaming populace's funds a bit thin at this rate.

Raapys

Arcane
Yeah, been wondering that myself. Seems like everyone decided to jump the bandwagon at the same time, which could end up losing us some potential titles if devs get the impression that their game isn't raising any interest, not realizing people's spent their entire gaming budget on previous kickstarter titles.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
"£1,250,000 goal"

That's two million dollars.

They don't even have a presentation video.
David_B_Summer_2011_cropped.medium.jpg

Looks like even the developer doesn't care. :lol:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
That BBC video was quite nice actually. Why didn't they do something like that themselves and put up on the Kickstarter page?

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Oh, fuck, horrible, horrible pitch. And also horrible bbc interview. It is almost like he has nothing to say besides "Elite was cool, and first and 3D" and "here is a kickstarter - a new way of funding projects " (like no one new it till now). Also MMO, MMO, MMO!!!! Fuck yeah! No...

i stopped reading at "multiplayer".
then i tried to continue, i went on and i read "multiplayer" again in the next sentence.
then i stopped reading once and for all.

and i played frontier for 7 years straight.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
As nice as it sounds asking for $2 million with pretty much zero to show in the way of a tech demo, art assets, UI, or... hell... anything is not going to make me just blindly pledge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom