Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Elminage Gothic (former Japan only dungeon crawler)

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by deuxhero, May 16, 2014.

1. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/2nd-agarest-zero-dlc-bundle-comes-to-steam

Does anyone with a better knowledge of that narrow type of game have any ideas? Wizardry is the only thing I, or the list of "first person" RPGs for PS3/360 on GameFAQs, can think of (maybe it's Diablo style and or a handheld game?) can think of, and that's a bit underwhelming.

(Thankfully Idea Factory seems to have never made such a game.)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    These modern Japanese dungeon crawlers from small developers are all bad, they are always obnoxious, convoluted, or dumbed down in some way.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    THANKFULLY that's only barely been released and its a sequel to a game that is scheduled for (butchered) English release and won't be it for sure.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Well, whatever it may be, I will likely be happy to see another dungeon crawler to come to PC.

As for modern Jap crawlers, Generation Xth is pretty good. Too bad we won't see the rest of the series translated.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    That ? i hope not...
    :negative:
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Old Hans Arbiter

Old Hans
    I want more Wizardry: Tales of the Forsaken Land/Dark Spire. Less budget bin anime pastel nightmares

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    That would be too good to be true.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Apparently Elminage, which Ghostlight has published in PAL countries, is a dungeon crawler and a series. If it was a PS2/PSP game (not so much on the 3DS one though), it would certainly explain why they didn't mention releasing the original format as well (PSP is such a tiny market now, and apparently the only Sony staff capable of testing/liicensing new PS2 games is in South America).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  12. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Nice.

I'm really happy it's not Moero hentai game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Good enough, though from what I've heard Elminage is a bit too simplistic. Any game by Experience would get me much more excited.

Anyway, here's hoping it sells well so we can get more various dungeon crawlers translated in the future.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
    i guess this might be a good time to try the english release of the first elminage.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    There is no point in playing a convoluted, dumbed down, easy Wizardry lite.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. eric__s ass hater Developer

eric__s
    The original Elminage looked cool but was apparently pretty badly translated and had a couple bad bugs in it. Everything I read made it sound like a clunkier Wizardry 7. I don't know anything about this one but it looks cool and I'm totally down for a recent Wizardry-like dungeon crawler on the PC.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. victim Arbiter Possibly Retarded Vatnik

victim
    I haven't played much Wizardry 7 but Elminage Original plays like the earlier Wizardry games.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. LeStryfe79 Deal Breaker Patron

LeStryfe79
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/agarest-zero-dlc-bundle-6-makes-its-way-to-steam

^ Top  
  20. victim Arbiter Possibly Retarded Vatnik

victim
    Is this one better than Elminage Original? I thought that game was ok, but uninspired.

^ Top  
  21. TigerKnee Prophet

TigerKnee
    ^ Top  
  22. victim Arbiter Possibly Retarded Vatnik

victim
    ^ Top  
  23. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    ^ Top  
  24. TheGreatOne Arcane

TheGreatOne
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elminage-...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item4adaee36dd
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elminage-...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item19f2e6572a
    Why the fuck is this game so expensive. I know it says limited to 300 copies but why? I recall browsing the Ghostlight web store some time ago and I think they had that game for like 20 pounds.
    Though those might just be some eBay high as fuck buy it now price gougers, I doubt there's high enough demand for that game (outside obsessive PAL PSP collectors maybe) to warrant such a high price for such a resent game, where as with Xenoblade Chronicles the high prices are more understandable.
    Any one here got it?

^ Top  
  25. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
    it's a psn game. you can buy it on psn for 15 bucks or so. those limited physical copies are just pure wankery.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)