Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Elminage Gothic (former Japan only dungeon crawler)

pippin

My thief character has little to no problem with chests. I tried making him a hunter and he's even better now. Certainly the Pursuit ability comes in handy, when he actually uses it.
The wind and pit transportation is not as annoying as the fact that Sorareo (levitation spell) does not work on ice, you still slide through those tiles. And it's annoying as fuck.
I'm 30 something hours in and I'm having a lot of fun to be honest. I'm making my own maps and I admit to using the wiki every now and then, but I actively reject using Magic Maps. Automapping would feel like cheating imo...

I do have a question though. Concerning this "Kidnapped children" quest, in the Great Tree Yap Gotz. Wiki says you have to go to a certain location and go back, which is what I did (the game even said "here are the kidnapped children!" or something to that effect) But I can't seem to be able to finish the quest. Do I have to defeat the Floor Master to properly finish it? I already killed the evil root which was infecting the tree.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't remember the quest.

But regarding the Ice Cave sliding, you eventually find some orb or something, which prevents the sliding.

Eggs is eggs

Learned
I enjoyed Elminage Original but when I played Elminage Gothic I got bored in the first dungeon. I mean look at the design of the first floor of the first dungeon:

2C8E072FB7D7705BD02BFB8E8D27130BCC60E645

It looks like someone vomited on a piece of paper and drew random lines. Even with the infinite map mod, I just couldn't get into it.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Yeah, the first dungeon is pretty bad. Doors everywhere inside what is supposedly a cave don't help the immershun either. But it only gets better. Slowly. But surely. Also more sadistic sometimes.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
I have like 7 threads from the past year where I wrote around 25 thousand words all saved up and ready to paste in rebuttal of whatever retarded nonsense anyone who says Wiz-clones are bad dares to write!!!11

Is it structurd and readable? You could maybe publish it.

And tbh I'd be glad to read an in-depth discussion of some of more obscure RPG genres. Saw what you did in other forum.

Eggs is eggs

Learned
The problem with Wiz clones are that they are all very samey. It reminds me of the Dragon Quest games, all of those games feel the same. Though there is much more differentiation between DQ games than there is between Wiz-clones.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Well I posted this in another thread but I tried to get into Elminage and it ended up making me want to play Stranger of Sword City instead. Whoops!

That first dungeon is really coma-inducing, but it was the random level ups and stat losses that did me in. Too bad, Aweigh's impassioned praise makes the game sound really interesting.

Sam Bixby

Educated
When you class change to get more magic schools is there ever a way to keep all 9s on your new class or is all 3s the best you can keep?

Because if it just 3s, better to just change when I get all spells right?

pippin

When you class change to get more magic schools is there ever a way to keep all 9s on your new class or is all 3s the best you can keep?

Cleric -> Lord keeps all your spells. Mage -> Bishop does too.
Don't dual the alchemist, its abilities are very important throughout the entire game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Don't dual the alchemist, its abilities are very important throughout the entire game.
So does Cleric - Valkyrie, Cleric - Bishop and Mage - Samurai/Bard. The opposite combinations obviously work as well. Alchemist - Hunter works too... for some reason.

pippin

So does Cleric - Valkyrie, Cleric - Bishop and Mage - Samurai/Bard. The opposite combinations obviously work as well. Alchemist - Hunter works too... for some reason.

Perhaps it's a throback to alch->ranger from wizardry?

Sam Bixby

Educated
Does ninja keep any points, because if not it seems dumb that you need int and piety so high to get the class.

Also is there a way to use money to train without class changing? It seems odd that when I class change with one character that I can train others, but I can't just do it anytime.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Does ninja keep any points, because if not it seems dumb that you need int and piety so high to get the class.

Also is there a way to use money to train without class changing? It seems odd that when I class change with one character that I can train others, but I can't just do it anytime.

in other elminage you could but not in gothic.
I think in the 3ds version they allowed it too, not sure though.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm making a vacation on Dungeon Crawlers because I don't want to get burnt of them.

I played in recent months

- Wizardry 1
- Elminage Original
- SMT 4 Apocalypse (very recommended!, Top tier game)
- Persona 5

I'm Halfway Elminage Gothic, and it's the best classic dungeon crawler I have played to date. It's going to be glorious to be back when I had the urge again.

Exbelion

Educated
I'm making a vacation on Dungeon Crawlers because I don't want to get burnt of them.

I played in recent months

- Wizardry 1
- Elminage Original
- SMT 4 Apocalypse (very recommended!, Top tier game)
- Persona 5

I'm Halfway Elminage Gothic, and it's the best classic dungeon crawler I have played to date. It's going to be glorious to be back when I had the urge again.
I would recommend SMT IV (the first game)
SMT: Strange Journey, Unchained Blades and the Etrian Odyssey series (I played the original trilogy on a NDS emulator and they are very hardcore games, specially the second which is considered the hardest while the third is the easiest)
And every elminage game on the PSP (I have played them all, even Ibun)

Sam Bixby

Educated
Anyone know where to get new weapons and armor?

I'm up too the ice caves and the best things I got is 2 Dwarven Halberd and 1 brestplate, these are not to bad put it would be nice to
get some better weapons for my thief and back rollers.

pippin

You get relatively better weapons by completing quests and killing enemies. I'd suggest you to replace your thief with a Hunter but that's up to you. A Hunter can equip longbows though. When it comes to the spellcasters, like my mage and alch, I gave them whips. Check the damage type some weapons do. Clerics and valks can attack ghosts but other than that you have to use spells or equip somefairy weapons. I gave my (elf) mage a fairy whip and she cn cause some damage, although it's very little. When you get over sixes in all spell points you can feel free to cast spells more liberally.

jungl

Augur
I recommend playing strange journey, unchained blades then etrian series. I got burnt out from all those games but strange journey was the most fun. Thing with dungeon crawlers they either keep me hooked or bore me to shit especially if they on the grindy side.

Gunnar

Arbiter

I'm up too the ice caves and the best things I got is 2 Dwarven Halberd and 1 brestplate, these are not to bad put it would be nice to

Every dungeon has a set of equipment that it drops, some of it rarer than others. The only way to get better equipment is to either farm a dungeon for rare drops you missed or farm the hardest dungeon you can handle for its good item drops.

Sam Bixby

Educated

Every dungeon has a set of equipment that it drops, some of it rarer than others. The only way to get better equipment is to either farm a dungeon for rare drops you missed or farm the hardest dungeon you can handle for its good item drops.

That's what I'm trying to do. Igdra underground church seems the best right now.

Not a fan of this random drop crap and shops not selling anything new, why even have money then?

Also I have a lv 30 Valkyrie what lv is her High Master skill, I still can't equip shields or sup weapons.

Dorarnae

Arbiter

That's what I'm trying to do. Igdra underground church seems the best right now.

Not a fan of this random drop crap and shops not selling anything new, why even have money then?

Also I have a lv 30 Valkyrie what lv is her High Master skill, I still can't equip shields or sup weapons.

money is for ressurecting dead member or recovering dead party without sending some character to rescue them. that is if you play without reseting.

Sam Bixby

Educated
Anyone know if you can steal dark crystal from the last boss, I can't seem to get his equipment off and my thief is lv 67

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom