Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress Emperor of Nothing [40k CYOA]

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by LogOS, Feb 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    I think they should be reasonably safe without their psyker powers (would the original Emperor have achieved 1/1000th as much without them?) but I will consider flopping to B.

Consider how easily he just kicked our ass as an adolescent and butt naked. Fair to say even our new'n'improved marines would be toddlers compared to a force based off these guys.

^ Top  
  2. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    A seems like obvious bait.
    B
    LogOS, what does Cawl think of this idea?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
  4. CappenVarra phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    A

hint: even a perfect copy of the emprah is a woman when lying face down

:mlady:

• Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    I think the reason the Mechanicum could't get the super-psyker powers to work, is because the Mechanicum had no idea the Emperor is a gestalt of shaman souls, not a normal human psyker level 100, somesort of Super-Alpha psyker. Closest thing to the Emperor in the setting, is that Sister of Battle made of fused SoBs, Ephrariel Stein I think?

9 Primarchs almost destroyed the Imperium

144 Teen-Emperors seems like a recipe for trouble. We also have no idea if these mini-Emperors are resistant to Chaos.

Also, even if they work, this might be just a recipe for Chaos doing a Panacea-level attack against them at some point.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. LogOS Educated

LogOS
    The Codex Astartes does not approve of this action.

• Funny x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • nice x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. baud Arbiter

baud
    I've just read that comic (it's on a thread here) and my understanding is that Ephrariel Stein received knowledge and power from an amalgamation of SoB (mixed with a Keeper of Secrets(?)), but she's not a gestalt herself. And the amalgamation of SoB, called the soul cage, still had some distinct voices if I remember right.

Where is this information it coming from? I know I've already heard something like this, but it was in another CYOA

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Lithium Flower Magister

Lithium Flower
    yeah according to Root the Emperor is like Rasputin or something but idk if thats like the real lore

^ Top  
  9. baud Arbiter

baud
    From 1d4chan, apparently it dates back from 1st & 2nd editions and it hasn't been confirmed since. Also GW have later hinted the Emperor is a perpetual, which might or might not be compatible with the gestalt of shaman souls

^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I somehow missed that important detail. Even with Guilliman's stable upbringing in a loving household, I still can't see him babysitting so many teenagers. One is definitely enough for now, unless we want to play 40k High School.

Set him up with a nice Eldar girl, it'll all work out.
    :love:

Plus, how many actual imperial citizens even know what the emperor looks like? Space Marines are a special case.

Gee thanks, Cawl.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Neanderthal Arcane

Neanderthal
    D. Primaris Emperors? Oh fuck right off Matt Ward!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Wow, a hell of a choice...

Having picked the 'heretical' choices before, in that we initially chose to be guided by an acceptance of fate (which I interpreted to believe that our actions are at times dictated by powers beyond our control, and accepting that fact as a way to find a better path to victory, rather than blindly fighting against it), then again in our acceptance of an alliance with the Eldar, this feels wrong, somewhat.

It feels almost like a betrayal of self to go rah-rah Emprah when we have purposefully chosen to discard the slavishness of the Imperial Creed and accept that maybe He wasn't 100% right about everything.

I don't really see this as much of a reduced risk - psyker powers or no, this thing still has the intellect and the martial might of the Emperor, which makes it superior to us. Conditioning or not, I don't foresee this thing being contained for long. And its attention will be focused solely on us. At least if it has 143 other identical copies, it will have other rivals to worry about.

And hey, if we take the single specimen, it's entirely conceivable that it ends up using said intellect and might to escape and go with Option C) anyways, except this time, taking the remaining 143 copies and binding them to itself instead. Not to induce paranoia here, but it seems like the sort of thing that the Emperor would do!

On the plus side, while I'm speculating here, I would imagine that studying this creature might actually allow us to learn a lot about the Necrons. It also would not surprise me if this thing was a psychic null.

The idea of having complete control over 144 facsimiles of the Emperor is awesome, totally not based in arrogance and has shades of DEVOUR SOUL!!! all over it. A winner any way you slice it.

However, as terrifying as the second phrase is, that assumes that the 144 will fight in a united front. They won't - left to their own devices, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE. They did inherit the Emprah's arrogance too, so they all have to be right about everything. Conflict is inevitable.

God help me, but I'm seriously considering C as one of those "crazy enough that it just might work" sort of plans. We don't need these guys to be on our side necessarily - we just need them to be fighting someone else. But how to deal with them after the smoke clears?

• Brofist x 2
    • Yes x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    So how about we don't contain it, but take it in as our 'favored son.' After Cawl does some poking around, of course. Ich bin daddy now. :lol:

Or we can bring him in front of the real Emperor, see what happens.

Seriously, though, one or one hundred and forty-four, I don't think we can 'contain' an emperor's clone in any conventional sense. Every one of the choices presented to us have a whiff of Guilliman's arrogance.

What makes Guilliman think that this activated copy can even be destroyed now, or that it will stay docile, or that he can condition 144 emperors to serve him at all. Not to induce paranoia, but the did just disarm and toss Guilliman to the ground. Unless these clones come with a remote control, I don't think containing them is really possible in the long run anyway.

I'm picking B because one clone can be observed more easily, although this probably will prevent Cawl from giving us a good answer as to what is wrong with these clones. Can't really do much science with a sample group of one.

^ Top  
  14. GreyViper Arbiter

GreyViper
    B) Now the question is how many enemies we can destroy with this and how badly will this backfire on us. I mean all the signs are there, but maybe we can get out from this disaster. I can see =I= having a field day with this. :D

^ Top  
  15. LogOS Educated

LogOS
    If anybody is reluctant to choose A because they think it might not work, no need to worry. Guilliman was surprised in a unique situation, but he's still a Primarch with the whole Victrix Guard and a legion of battle servitors waiting around. The fake emprah only got the upper hand because it said spooky stuff.

rewrote a few bits to make scene clearer

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. baud Arbiter

baud
    How did Sicarius lost his arm? It can't be a psychic power and the clone don't have anything on him

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Kalarion Savant Patron

Kalarion
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
    A. You heretics considering C have lost your fucking minds. 20 Primarchs derailed the Imperium and nearly destroyed it. Now imagine 144 beings "As far above the Primarchs as the Primarchs are above humanity" (Plague Wars, condensed)-- all with the same drive, motivation, personality and uniquely monomaniacal self-identity-- unleashed on the Imperium. Even supposing something beneficial to the Imperium came out of the clusterfuck that would result from their Highlander-esque infighting, they'd invite a response from all corners of the Xenoverse that we have no way of reacting to right now.

I thought about B... something along the lines of giving the Telos the full truth and trusting that it will wish to reunite itself with its psychic consciousness, but hoping that it will be willing to be guided and protected until that's possible... but in the end it felt more like "blind insanity" than "bold, status-quo shaking maneuver".

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    the fellow above speaks wisdom

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    After thinking on it further, Kalarion is right. I've been thinking about the long-term positives that taking any one of these things into the outside world will bring, and there are none. Just like the Ankaran Sarcophagus, "Don't open it".

Restraint is the way to go. Anything beyond that is folly and madness. A

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. ItsChon Cipher Patron

ItsChon
    Change to B.

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    You know, considering our alliance with the Eldar...

The clone might be useful, but if it costs us the opportunity to make it with a hot alien babe end millenia of Human-Eldar war and genocide and make them friends, is an Emperor clone really worth it?
    :hmmm:

• "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Lithium Flower Magister

Lithium Flower
    omg baltika why is all of your decision making centered around fucking eldar / getting eldar fucked / finding new and exciting ways to fuck eldar

does Y'nead or whatever her fucking name is really need an Emperor fuckdoll

stop

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. ItsChon Cipher Patron

ItsChon
    Lmfao, I can see it now. Primarch Guilliman gets cucked by a prepubescent Emperor. I change my vote to A).

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Lithium Flower Magister

Lithium Flower
    I mean I'm not gonna lie there is some hot as FUCK eldar rule34 out there including some sweet human on eldar raceplay so like I understand the appeal but damn dude maybe we should stop making our political decisions solely on this one thing ok

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    [​IMG]
    It's a joke dude, chill. My actual point was that having an exact clone of the emperor running around while we have an ongoing alliance/integration-assimilation treaty with space elves might not be the brightest idea.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)