Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Emperor of Nothing [40k CYOA]

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
but that might not be what Robu needs the most, since he is one of the most humane Primarchs and experienced warriors already.
I will take your word for it, as I understand it, however, Roboute has been missing for a while? Needs to have the common fella's eye so he gets back on track.

Last edited:

the_biologist

Novice
Any fool can try. We need someone who seeks to understand

C
Flopping to A so we don't get B for boring

X96Ep9Y.jpg

Also flopper-fags are the worst, weak and indecisive, like a womyns.
I have full confidence in my choice, but this is politics

Baltika9

Arcane
Well... I have to think a bit more now.
What do we need for Roboute, re: perspective?
We already have a Techpriest who innovates, courtesy of Cawl.
That guy who fought Mandrakes must be absurdly bad-ass. But we aren't exactly short of combat power ourselves.
We already have an heretic against the Imperial Church in the form of Yassily

Disregard all those pointless.side characters of dark imperium, including the lulzly ecclesiarch. Theyre limiting and unnecessary. For now consider guilliman's 'companions' only as cawl, the victrix guard and the equerry. He can get new ones tho.

As for your other question, the heretic in A is an imperial cult dissident. Not (at least apparently) a chaos worshipper
So you're saying that we can totally have a movie night with Cawl and our companions? I'm that case, which one of our four options is the most fun at a party?
+M

LogOS

That guy who fought Mandrakes must be absurdly bad-ass. But we aren't exactly short of combat power ourselves.

Disregard all those pointless.side characters of dark imperium, including the lulzly ecclesiarch. Theyre limiting and unnecessary. For now consider guilliman's 'companions' only as cawl, the victrix guard and the equerry. He can get new ones tho.

As for your other question, the heretic in A is an imperial cult dissident. Not (at least apparently) a chaos worshipper
So you're saying that we can totally have a movie night with Cawl and our companions? I'm that case, which one of our four options is the most fun at a party?
+M

Khârn. He is a really swell guy.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

+M
Let's see:
Heretic: Artsy crap.
Gaurdsman,: B Movies and Action movies
Elf: Animu
TEchpriest: Documentaries.

Guardsman wins.

Baltika9

Arcane

+M
Let's see:
Heretic: Artsy crap.
Gaurdsman,: B Movies and Action movies
Elf: Animu
TEchpriest: Documentaries.

Guardsman wins.
What kind of anime? DBZ or...?
And there's no elf option, but a survivor of the dark Eldar raids who fought in their arenas and escaped with Best girl Yvraine the Ynnari.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
And there's no elf option, but a survivor of the dark Eldar raids who fought in their arenas and escaped with Best girl Yvraine the Ynnari.
If he's a DE survivior then he's into some really sick shit. Pass.

Tigranes

Arcane
OK I read through but uh I know absolutely nothing about 40k except like five pages of some comic I think I read at one point, so I will be the utterly ignorant voter reflecting the perils of democratic rule

Though that probably means I should sit the current one out

Baltika9

Arcane
OK I read through but uh I know absolutely nothing about 40k except like five pages of some comic I think I read at one point, so I will be the utterly ignorant voter reflecting the perils of democratic rule

Nonsense. Guilliman's theme is basically 'Augustus waking up just before the Arabs break through in the Levant.'

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Any time you feel you need a quick loredump to make an informed choice, I am confident many of us will be there for you. I know I will!

LogOS

THE HIGH PRIESTESS

“You were the first to go over the top during the battle for Iax, and thus, one of the last survivors of that world. The last great battle of the Plague Wars.”

Guilliman examines the Hololith depicting the retreat of enemy forces in the direction of the Scourge Stars, either recalled by their loathsome patron or off to engage in one of those internecine wars Chaos so enjoys. He has ordered the Imperial Fleet to harry them as best they’re able, but he holds no hope of striking a meaningful blow. Mortarion has escaped and Ultramar is saved, though at a cost that would have broken the man he was.

This new Imperium considers the annihilation of a hundred worlds and half a trillion citizens a victory. Half a trillion subjects of what was once the Imperium Secundus, a multitude of souls he personally swore to protect, to uphold his Father’s oath and safeguard mankind – Back when his Father yet lived. A hundred planets he personally oversaw, fortified, administered, and taught – A hundred worlds he erected from sweat and mud, reduced to debris and noxious slime. A hundred candles snuffed out so the void could creep in.

He is not deserving of the Blue and the laurel wreath. In this war, he understands his new role, and understands just how far he has fallen. Just how much has been sacrificed so that the arbitrary choice of a specific genotype can colonize the galaxy, can survive, if never thrive. The God-Emperor has told these new humans they fight for permanence. Their zeal is unmatched, but all other virtues are but a smudge upon their souls. He considers the Tyrannic threat, contrasting and comparing, and finds no meaningful difference.

“You are worthy of contempt. Armored reinforcements were but a minute away, but you felt the need to seek death or glory. Has all mankind become like you? Are duty, honour and reason forsaken? Are you all willing to die merely so your names will enter the Roll? Courage is admirable, but recklessness is a failure of civic virtue. Your platoon perished because they followed what the Commisariat has dubbed your “valorous charge”. Tell me, Sergeant, why did you not wait?”

The Equerry has heard this harangue before. He knows his Sire struggles with the realities of the new Imperium, and tries to put the notion that a Primarch could be faithless out of his mind. Surely the Lord Commander, the Emperor’s son, could not fail in such a way. Usually, he remains silent, but for the first time he feels the need to speak out:

“The mechanized division was still a minute away, but a Champion of Nurgle was right in front of us, busy cutting down the agri-worker prisoners he had rounded up. Another minute and they’d be gone.”

“And you thought you could take on a company of Plague Marines by yourselves and succeed?”

“I thought we ought to try.”

“And fail. Condemning both the civilians and your platoon to a horrifying death of the body and damnation of their soul as the infection took over.”

The former sergeant feels his cheeks flushing, his temper rising. Who is this inhuman giant to tell him what his men, human and courageous all, ought to do? Was he to stand and watch as his brother and his nephews were turned into incubators for Chaos’ loathsome monsters?

“What would you have done, then, O mighty Guilliman? Your fist can smash Titans, your sword can damn daemons. If it was King Konor standing there waiting the executioner’s axe, would you have waited for reinforcements? Perhaps you could have saved him, but what are we little men to do, o Lord, we who are not sons of a God?”

The equerry bites his lip. The Lord Commander told him of his adoptive father, and he knows the mention is sure to result in a death sentence. Guilliman moves closer to the equerry, eclipsing his vision. The human regrets his words, and accepts the fate that is sure to come. Why not? He has lived enough, lost and gained enough. To the warp with this arrogant princeling.

The Primarch stops but a handsbreath from him, grim and foreboding. Slowly, the demihuman giant starts removing his resplendent panoply. The laurel wreath comes last, and Guilliman motions for the leader of the Victrix Guard to take it away. Cato Sicarius will enshrine the Armour of Fate in Maccrage.

Roboute Guilliman now stands clad only in a black bodyglove, the Emperor’s Sword and the Hand of Dominion on the chair behind him. The sword is quiescent, flames extinguished to display the smooth black blade underneath.

“Your fervour is commendable, but I will yet temper it with intellect. Come, equerry, for we are joined in mourning. And now we must meet the devotees of the dead.”

The Ynnari voidship and Yvraine await the Primarch, and come with an offer: Alliance, and perhaps eventually, integration. But they are not the only xenos who have made overtures to the Lord Commander: The Tau Supreme Ethereal and a few necron dynasties, led by the Silent King, have also made similar suggestions. They are all, they claim, united against the threat of the Primordial Annihilator. What will you do?

A) Accept an alliance with the Eldar and hear out the Tau and Necron offers without offering compromise.

B) Hear out all xenos’ offers without offering any compromise.

C) Ignore the xenos’ offers; they are devious and not to be trusted, able to become an ever greater threat than chaos.

D) Use this opportunity to strike a blow at the xenos’ leadership under the guise of diplomacy. Suffer not the alien to live.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baltika9

Arcane
A, without a doubt. Yvraine and her splinter group are the reason Robu is awake in the first place, and they have a nascent Eldar god on their side. Plus, she is best girl.

A) Accept an alliance with the Eldar and hear out the Tau and Necron offers without offering compromise.

B) Hear out all xenos’ offers without offering any compromise.

C) Ignore the xenos’ offers; they are devious and not to be trusted, able to become an ever greater threat than chaos.

Hmmm... so Ynnari, Taus and Necrons.

Of the three, I would trust the Necrons the least.

The Tau would be good allies, because their government is generally very much all on the same page, and the Tau are honestly kinda "naive". They also have a good notion that the Imperium can smash them like a bug if it ever means to. I do think they are the least useful ally, because they're very much local, small and limited to the Ultima Sector and at best, their link with that place near Calixis I don't remember right now.

The Eldar, especially the Ynnari, are pretty useful. They got Roboute back, after all. That said, they are tricky sorts who do a lot of weird shit for reasons we cannot comprehend because they can see the future. The Craftworlders were always the closest thing to "good Xenos" the Imperium ever met. The Eldar need the Imperium to be their shield against more powerful, and if the Imperium were to fall, they would go shortly after.

The Necrons are divided, but powerful. Really, really powerful. Their tech is the best tech in WH40k, bar none. The fact they're divided and still waking up is the only reason they are not in charge. Problem is, the Necrons have interest in the fleshy mortals for the same reason a farmer has interest in his cattle - livestock. They see us fleshbags as useful to do another biotransference.

We do owe the Eldar one.

For now I'm going with A, but I might decide to do B as well.

One problem, I feel, is that allying with the Eldar, the Necrons may see the Imperium as an enemy.

“What would you have done, then, O mighty Guilliman? Your fist can smash Titans, your sword can damn daemons. If it was King Konor standing there waiting the executioner’s axe, would you have waited for reinforcements? Perhaps you could have saved him, but what are we little men to do, o Lord, we who are not sons of a God?”

Did this guy just tell-it-like-it-is with a Primarch?!

BALLS OF ADAMANTIUM

When this guy is being attacked, he just thrusts his groin upwards and jerks his body down so that all the bullets ricochet off his balls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom