Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by spekkio, Oct 4, 2013.

1. JackOfOwls Liturgist

JackOfOwls
    Not exactly emulation but I don't know where else to post this but I discovered recently that HAN/HEN for PS3 (which allows you to soft-mod your PS3 - any model - to store ripped ISOs to your console's hard drive and play them) has an updated toolbox program for allowing offline authentication. No more having to log into the HAN webpage/server to run a PS3 game. I installed a 2TB HDD into my PS3 and transferred all my discs to it last year using HAN so if my PS3's DVD drive goes, I'm golden. In the past, if you wanted to play a game with your modded PS3 off the HDD (assuming your later-model PS3 doesn't support CFW) you had to first log-into the HAN website. You'd have to do this after every reboot. Gargantuan. Pain. In. The. Ass. (especially if you didn't happen to have online access). But using HAN Toolbox, you no longer have to do that. Huzzah!

• Informative Informative x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    RetroArch is coming to Steam for some reason:

https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-coming-to-steam-this-month-july-30/

• incline incline x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. taxalot Gone forever. Patron

taxalot
    Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    I actually dig that news. It might make things easier with my Steam Link, although that won't change much my life.

^ Top  
  4. Goi~Yaas~Dinn Learned

Goi~Yaas~Dinn
    i dunno, something doesn't smell right about this. Just a feeling I'm getting...

• I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Steamboat Willie Learned

Steamboat Willie
    Seems dumb. Then again RetroArch has been getting bloated with feature creep for a quite a while now. This seems like a logical step for them in their path downhill.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Goi~Yaas~Dinn Learned

Goi~Yaas~Dinn
    The main man behind RA (goes by the names "SquarePusher" and "twinaphex" online) has always struck me as far too ambitious for the community's own good, if you get me. The kind of person who could easily develop a Messiah Complex and all the destructive ugliness that entails.

^ Top  
  7. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Wow after decades Retroarch gets ability to autoupdate.

What next ? Actual game list that doesn't require you to have pirated dumps of games to exact bite ?
    UI that doesn't suck as and has bilion options no one needs or ever uses like fucking music ?

Crazy times we live in.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. pakoito Arcane

pakoito
    Packaging decades of emulator development by other developers, shipping old versions of competing emulators, and bullying people on public channels? Nah.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    I actually wonder how do they get around this: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/sdk/uploading/distributing_opensource

This may be one of the reasons The Dark Mod could not receive a greenlight from Valve.

^ Top  
  10. Sukhāvatī a.k.a. ManjuShri Patron

Sukhāvatī
    What's the best/easiest way to emulate Android (on Linux)? Android Studio?

^ Top  
  11. IceyD Educated

IceyD
    is there a PSX emulator for PSP (for the purpose of extra features like fast-forward)?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)