Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

Don Peste

Arcane
Did I find about the All Games In One Video channel here? Anyway, he recently uploaded All Playstation 2 Games - Every PS2 Game In One Video.
9+ hours of video. Enjoy! You might even find a couple of hidden gems.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
emulatorfolder01.png

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Why the huge disrepancy in 'Size' and 'Size on disk'? Are you using compression or are there a lot of empty folders in there?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
That's surprisingly not much space even if you compressed with 7-zip or something. Did you purposefully go for select titles?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
using xpress4k compression but not on all files because it isn't self-updating upon file modification.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I actually don't have a clue, but what little I've heard points to the release being imminent and that it'll optimize the cycles of the emulator, as new superfast CPUs have been introduced since 0.74 that mess with the cycles real bad.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Got some crave to test Scarface on PS2 again, turns out there is already fix for memory leaks in one of the recent build.
Quick tests and it runs (and sounds) nice, one flaw tho is initial calibrating screen with borked lighting but p. sure it can be fixed easily...
noice

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What will it add to the table ?

I wouldn't be surprised if they re-instate save states. I heard that prior versions allowed for save states, and I would love to see that so I wouldn't have to sit through pointless start-up animations, crack old DOS games, or have to perform answers for annoying copyright questions... I'm looking at you Wizardry VII.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
0.74-2?
It fix the performance with 64bit version on both Linux (plus some stuff for WINE) and MacOS.
Win7 got improved with automatic cycles so no more sounds problems.
Unfortunately - with some big changes some DOS games stops working. Whelp.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got some crave to test Scarface on PS2 again, turns out there is already fix for memory leaks in one of the recent build.
Quick tests and it runs (and sounds) nice, one flaw tho is initial calibrating screen with borked lighting but p. sure it can be fixed easily...
noice

There's a problem with the PC version of the game?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
noice

It straigh up doesn't work for me. Like - no message, flashes, errors. Nothing. Win7 64bit btw.
Some games have issues for unknown reasons (beside new OS not supporting stuff and breaking old games in general yada yada).
Same thing with Return to Castle Wofenstein, AI is turning off, saves breaking up, crashes. Both vanilla and unofficial patches, no matter if retail or GOG version.

flyingjohn

Arcane
noice

It straigh up doesn't work for me. Like - no message, flashes, errors. Nothing. Win7 64bit btw.
Some games have issues for unknown reasons (beside new OS not supporting stuff and breaking old games in general yada yada).
Same thing with Return to Castle Wofenstein, AI is turning off, saves breaking up, crashes. Both vanilla and unofficial patches, no matter if retail or GOG version.
You need this to get scarface graphics to work properly:
https://github.com/ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixesPack/releases/download/scarface/Scarface.GenericFix.zip
I am not sure if it will fix the no startup problem,might need to choose different compatibility options for it to start.
The only other fix to start the game is to start windows with only one processor enabled,but i wouldn't recommend doing that only for Scarface.
Edit:meant core instead of processor.

mck

Cipher
noice

which build of pcsx2 are you using?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
noice

which build of pcsx2 are you using?
Recent, from Saturday most likely. Just check if Automatic Fixes is enabled.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Relevant what with 3DS emulation and all, but more about homebrew scene.

It seems Nintendo has finally brought their server security from the stone age into modern times, and days of freeloading with stuff like freeShop are over. From what I've heard you now get banned on the spot if you try to download the olden way. This update on Nintendo's part seems to have affected both 3DS an Switch. I wonder if scene will find a workaround because damn, downloading directly from Nintendo's servers sounds convenient as hell.

deuxhero

Arcane
Dolphin progress has dropped considerably. Most of the few changes are UI stuff. Admittedly the only thing that it really needs at this point is to get Rebel Strike working right (Rogue Leader already does on SVN work fine aside from a minor graphical glitch in the sound test). Wonder if they're prepping for 6.0 and going to a stable release generally shifts changes from new stuff to testing.

DJOGamer PT
It says right on the box "ルドラの秘宝".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom