Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

tet666

Augur
Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
Got CEMU up and running fairly easily, looks like dolphin.

I followed this guy's guide to installing and starting zelda.

Good news, it starts up and runs.

Bad news, I'm getting 4 - 15 fps in actually gameplay.

The computer im running this on is Ryzen 5 2500 +RX 580 4GB. Currently I'm installing 3 other games so that should affect performance.

I'll try it again in the morning when the installs are finished, but are there some performance improvements for cemu?

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Got CEMU up and running fairly easily, looks like dolphin.

I followed this guy's guide to installing and starting zelda.

Good news, it starts up and runs.

Bad news, I'm getting 4 - 15 fps in actually gameplay.

The computer in running this on is Ryzen 5 2500 +RX 580 4GB. Currently I'm installing 3 other games so that should affect performance.

I'll try it again in the morning when the installs are finished, but are there some performance improvements for cemu?
Are you using the dual or triple core options that cemu has?
That gives wearying degrees of performance improvement ,especially for zelda.

Last edited:

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
sullynathan think ram is a factor too you got 16gb?
Otherwise it's the amd drivers for opengl, try again with vulkan support which they'll launch at some time this year.

tet666

Augur
Cemu doesn't play nice with AMD cards because their opengl driver support sucks hard but it should run a bit better then that CPU is pretty good, if you can try Cemu in Linux the AMD drivers for it are way better at handling opengl and give a pretty big performance boost over their windows counterpart.

sullynathan

Arcane
Cemu doesn't play nice with AMD cards because their opengl driver support sucks hard but it should run a bit better then that CPU is pretty good, if you can try Cemu in Linux the AMD drivers for it are way better at handling opengl and give a pretty big performance boost over their windows counterpart.
i'll be honest, i'm not in the mood to install linux or free up space on my hdd to do that. 30 fps would be fine enough for me, but I can wait I guess. Other games to play

IceyD

Scholar
playing BoFIV for the first time, can't get enough of this chill samurai dog dude

breath-of-fire-iv-scias.gif

mushaden

Scholar
Hopefully I will eventually get an nvidia shield. That means emulation from early era up to Dreamcast (including Saturn), plus PSP. What would you recommend as the first game to play? I was thinking Tactics Ogre on PSP. I have played a few JRPGs, but not many, so you'll probably recommend some I haven't played.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
yah i know wii u has a few other games. xenoblade chronicles X also runs flawlessly on 1.14c, along with yoshi's woolly world.

frankly i'd classify CEMU as "solved".

Say whaaaat? You saying you don't get those ugly purple pop-ins on rocks and textures? I don't believe you. These were such an eyesore I couldn't bring myself to play Xenoblade X on Cemu though I want to.

Xmantis

Novice
Hopefully I will eventually get an nvidia shield. That means emulation from early era up to Dreamcast (including Saturn), plus PSP. What would you recommend as the first game to play? I was thinking Tactics Ogre on PSP. I have played a few JRPGs, but not many, so you'll probably recommend some I haven't played.

Persona 3 Portable is a good one. Great one, in fact.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
didn't get them then and they don't happen either on 1.15.1.

were you using the correct graphicPacks/cemu settings, etc? did you follow BSOD's guide?

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
didn't get them then and they don't happen either on 1.15.1.

were you using the correct graphicPacks/cemu settings, etc? did you follow BSOD's guide?

Hmm, maybe the issue was corrected since the build I used about a year and a half ago. But as I recall it was a big problem with emulation of this game on Cemu, that and Xenoblade X running a tad too fast. I'll check those guides out.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
On 1.14 there was grass pops in/out, some weird black textures on some city floors, weird lightning effect here and there. No purple.

Reinhardt

Arcane
playing BoFIV for the first time, can't get enough of this chill samurai dog dude

breath-of-fire-iv-scias.gif

Underrated as fuck, and charming as that chill samurai dog dude.
Never finished it tho, always stop playing around that ship traveling section and usually lose the save file.
Need to pick it up someday. Played russian high seas version many years ago and game always crashed after they try to kill emprah with big cannon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom