Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

sullynathan

Arcane
Just found out that EMUparadise is still up if you use the workaround for downloading games. Thank god.

You mean the direct link method?
It's a workaround script that must be installed using a plugin I found after searching the web. Apparently EMU paradise's games are still stored on their servers. I tried it on Monster Hunter Freedom & Freedom Unite and they both work.

Tapermonkey for Chrome

Greasemonkey for firefox

The Script, just install

never downloaded soundtracks from emuparadise
They seemed to have all the golden oldies. It was quite an appealing proposition, for someone (like me) who could only ever yank the watered-down stuff from the ether 'till now.
Just tried downloading a few mp3's and flacs and they're all unavailable.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Been playing around with Citra. Wow, those JIT features really resulted in a nice speed up since the last time I played it about 2-3 years ago. Was even able to play a few minutes of that monster of a demanding game Monster Hunter Ultimate 4 at 100% speed, providing I didn't go too crazy with bumping up the internal resolution (native is fine but butt ugly).

sullynathan

Arcane
Did retroarch allow you to change rendering resolutin? I've downloaded OpenEmu and it is pretty great, but has very little graphical options and no change for rendering resolution.

Blue Dragon was pretty bad. Lost Odyssey, on the other hand, was pretty dope. I'll replay it for sure when it's playable on Xenia.

IceyD

Scholar
i dropped lost odyssey when the children characters were introduced, but i want to give it another chance. it will get a PC remasteer announcement this year i am positive.

The NGPC was pretty sweet, I own one. Snk vs Capcom: Match of the Milennium was very good.

Never checked NGPC emulation, though.

sullynathan

Arcane
wow, save states are great. never used them before but playing super metroid with them is very useful and a bit like cheating. It is weird that it conflicts with the games built in saving. I lost some progress from using both.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
wow, save states are great. never used them before but playing super metroid with them is very useful and a bit like cheating. It is weird that it conflicts with the games built in saving. I lost some progress from using both.
I tend to use it for games that lack a battery-backed save, such as arcade-style titles or those from the godawful "Enter Your Password Here" era. Less of a cheat that way.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I tend to use it for games that lack a battery-backed save, such as arcade-style titles or those from the godawful "Enter Your Password Here" era. Less of a cheat that way.
It's a pity that citra doesn't have it. It think it's a rare case in which the original hardware is more save-friendly than the emulated one.

IceyD

Scholar
also playing Skies of Arcadia for the first time (using the free verison of redream and works like a charm), just met Ramirez. when villains go into another dimension for their attack you know it's about to hurt

skies-of-arcadia-ramirez-attack.gif

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
also playing Skies of Arcadia for the first time (using the free verison of redream and works like a charm), just met Ramirez. when villains go into another dimension for their attack you know it's about to hurt

I've always wanted Skies of Arcadia for the Gamecube. Seemed like an awesome little RPG.

IceyD

Scholar
It's really impressed me so far. The battle encounters are unfortunately very tiresome and without emulation's fastforward it could be a deal breaker for some. But the structure of the game is incredible and really well paced between story scenarios and the freedom to explore.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
It's really impressed me so far. The battle encounters are unfortunately very tiresome and without emulation's fastforward it could be a deal breaker for some. But the structure of the game is incredible and really well paced between story scenarios and the freedom to explore.
The encounter rate was one of the things dialed down for the 'Legends' release on the 'cube.

Bahamut

Arcane

I've always wanted Skies of Arcadia for the Gamecube. Seemed like an awesome little RPG.

GCN version has seriously botchered music tho, hope sega will bother a rerelease someday

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom