Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Can you tell us what you were responsible for in D:OS?

Been a part of a design department. There is a group of folks at Larian named "gameplay scripters" - mix of technical and design work - implementing and iterating over high-level ideas to turn them into the moment-to-moment experience for a player (dialogs, quests, encounters, puzzles etc). They are often called "area designers" in other companies. On DOSEE I only touched quest and puzzle design. DOS2 was way more interesting - I worked on the main campaign (quests, combat, puzzles), Arena mode, Game Master mode (in fact I hacked together first ever playable prototype of GM mode) and led and overseered team of designers in Saint-Petersburg part of the studio. These were fun times. Learned a lot of things both from our high command (Swen, Farhang [Design Director], David [Executive Producer], Jan and Sarah [Writing director and lead writer] and from my other good party-members - designers, scripters, and writers. I strongly believe part of this knowledge will condensate inside Encased design and implementation.

Last edited:

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Not really, next thing Larian is making is awesome and I love these folks.
Ah that's good to hear ;) I was immediately reminded of Fool's Theory when I looked at your webpage for some reason haha.
Yeah I think this probably will be a common story now and in nearest future, when a bunch of devs, confident and experienced enough, will gather in a party to dare to make something on their own.

Game pitch sounds great btw :salute:

Good to hear. The goal is to go slightly further from default nuke post-apoc (and default Russian Fallout role-playing system).

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Will there be survivalist camping mechanics?
There will be resting mechanic. The quality and safety of rest depend if you do in the wilds or in the inn or shelter. If you do it in the wilds there are some other modifiers that change the quality of rest and safety again - those which are based on stats and resources you spend on camping preparation.

Citizen

Number six
apa.jpg

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Hopefully there's a quest to find bones of Gulag victims.

Seriously though, it looks nice.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For the powe armor #3.

For scientist #2 armor with #5 helmet.

frajaq

Erudite
For the Power Armor #4 is the best

For the Scientific Suit #5 is the best

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom