Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I can only buy games throug mobile paiment, so can't backe... but I would if I can.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Start of yet another 'Russian, inspired by Fallout, the real ones, RPG' Kickstarter... Vodka, crazy road accident videos and Russian Fallout - three biggest exports Russia has. ATOM (Soviet Fallout) and Insomnia (Space Ship Fallout) both had their own twists on classic Fallout formula and I liked both of their premises (we'll see how final products Turnout).

What I really like here is that we'll get to experience how things were before everything went south and conceiled ancient autism in Dome exploded and infected everyone enough close by. I also like the premise of maybe evil, maybe just greedy, allmighty, powerful Cronus corporation which me personally awfully lot reminds of Weyland-Yutani corp, only UNationalised.

I've got (and for sure other Codex bros) more questions about this game, team, Kickstarter campaign plans and Russian national love for Fallout (since you sit on most nukes in the world, is there something you're trying to tell us with these games? :cool:) then there have been Russian attempts at making 'perfect Fallout' so...could we submit them in this thread or some other (for example if Jew wing of Codexus decides to post about your campaign on front page) so that you could answer them later on?

Here's my and Codex's first one since the start of Kickstarter:

- Are you hypeeed for this Kickstarter Ruskie bros and have you been taking shots of vodka for every new backer? Only for those with high Guts stat and Slavic background!
:bounce::bounce::bounce::incline:

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Hey no problems, post as much questions as you have. Actually - we can even set up a sort of skype presentation with someone from the Codex authors if there is anyone who is willing to participate. I can tell a bit about the studio, game, KS, dev process, design... etc etc.

Jinn

Arcane
CadmusLabs, really rooting for you guys. This game does indeed look amazing. I have a really hard time giving money to kickstarters these days, but this project is really tempting me. Chances are I'll give in in a week or so and hop on board. If I don't, I'll be watching your progress closely during early access and buy on then when it's looking like you guys are on the right track.

Either way, really hoping this goes well for you guys. Lot of stuff to like here.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Backed.

I hope you don't intend to send a physical "Thank-you letter" to all backers because that might fuck up your financials. Honestly, you should remove it from non-physical rewards.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game looks very nice, I will probably back but.... 100k is a high goal for such a sudden Kickstarter with not so much marketing or a bit of Avellone or sth

Heretic

Cipher
Backed, and if there's a Codex group fundraiser, I'll reback under Codex.

Good luck, bros.

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Game looks very nice, I will probably back but.... 100k is a high goal for such a sudden Kickstarter with not so much marketing or a bit of Avellone or sth

We have Scott Hamm of Age of Decadence though, and he is a great writer. If you back it now you don't lose anything if we the funding will not be successful (scared_face)

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

We have Scott Hamm of Age of Decadence though, and he is a great writer. If you back it now you don't lose anything if we the funding will not be successful (scared_face)
Haha I will back, I'm a sucker for anything Fallout-y (the real Fallouts that is, of course). I'm just pessimistic about the goal

Ibbz

Augur

Will you still be able to deliver the game if the Kickstarter doesn't succeed? (I've backed as well but I agree with Jimmious that 100k is a big goal initially)

Last edited:

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Will you still be able to deliver the game if the Kickstarter doesn't succeed? (I've backed as well but I agree with Jimmious that 100k is a big goal initially)

This will be a morale hit obviously, but yeah - all is covered to finish the game without extra features we'd love to add.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I dont think i can back atm. I quit my job last week and started my own business venture too. Need to be extra conservative with money atm, but good luck to yall. This game deserve the support

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2288650

Encased Kickstarter Micro Update #1

Hello everyone!

This has been a crazy week. Preparing for day one of the Kickstarter has taken a lot of energy and sweat, but we are happy with the initial response. After the first 24 hours of the campaign, we are sitting at $12K with 352 backers! We want to thank each and every one of you for your support.

We are continuing to improve our Kickstarter page and adding more info according to your feedback, so please check back from time to time.

Please put your suggestions for future updates in the comments section - so far we've seen requests for details about character creation and for more information about factions. We are already at work preparing updates on these topics!

Lastly, check out this atmospheric piece by our artist Andrei 'Weilard' Lyapichev, created last night during his special Kickstarter art-stream.

Click to download hi-res version

Thanks again for your support!

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2289472

Encased Kickstarter Update 2 - The Factions: who owns the Dome after the catastrophe?

“Something happened. You all know what, dear listeners. But I won’t talk about it aloud. Let it lose its power and turn its gaze away from us, like a demon that weakens until called by its true name… So, we now walk in the canopy of… this. No, wrong! We are in the eye of the storm! From the vortex of sand faces look upon us, faces of people you will hear of not just once or twice in the years to come. But today it will be me to tell you about them!”

Mike Warden Jr., Make Yourself Comfortable, live on 20th of January, 1977

Click to download pack of avatars

The New Committee
“Everybody is scared, panic is everywhere! Where’s food? Where are antibiotics? Where are the cigarettes? The last helicopter left a week ago. What if it was, truly, THE LAST?.. And then Kimiko Nakamura entered the stage and she was all like “Hey, it will be ok, guys! We just need to tighten up the laws. And make me the one in charge.”— Max

But the price was high: the Committee paid for this with the dramatic change of political climate, harsh laws and total militarization. Some see this as the corporation’s last days, but Kimiko Nakamura, the president of the Committee, knows: a relic was found in one of the Forefathers’ facilities, which can change everything.

There’s no place under the Dome where the New Committee wouldn’t have their tentacles. But this huge monster is vulnerable, and you will have many possibilities to take it down. Or, on the contrary, make it even stronger.

Carmine Heights
“Cool guys. I see the Committee as kind of white-collar luddites, and Reisners are like Barton family protecting their factory. The difference being it’s not a factory they are building, but something much more important. I say: give them time. Just a little time, that’s all.” — Max

Carmine Heights Republic is an independent city with adjacent territories, established by Johan and Olivia Reisner, two former Blue Wing employees. Dissatisfied with the New Committee policies, the Reisners led their followers to the eastern border of the Dome, where one of the mothballed facilities became their home. Carmine Heights is technicians, scientists, some army men, and former prisoners. They don’t like the Silvers here as much as they don’t believe in autocratic rule. An electronic voting system is applied in the territory, and they try to involve the whole commune in making decisions.

But behind the facade of the prosperous commonwealth, a threat is festering. While Johan is busy developing the settlement and carrying out some research projects, Olivia becomes more and more skeptical of the path she chose and tries to find a way to leave the Dome. You arrive in Carmine Heights just at the time when the split is more obvious than ever.

Kshatriya
“Mister Singh, let me address you! You may even be listening to me at the moment. If so, listen up carefully. Do you consider yourself a good person? How much blood are you willing to spill protecting your good name? Is the Committee, even in its current state, worth struggling for? “ — Max

Serving the noble cause — this is the real honor. This is what justifies tyranny, sacrifices and dirty game behind the scenes. At least Sabal Singh, the commander of the Kshatriya squad, firmly believes in it. The core of this small organization consists of the former special forces operatives, officers and private soldiers of the Black Wing. Among them, there are a lot of those who were the part of the very first expeditionary unit sent under the newly discovered Dome. As well as those, who had several years to become disillusioned with C.R.O.N.U.S. policies, as the corporation was quickly turning into an immense monster sucking juices from the Dome exploration activities.

Sabal is too smart to openly confront C.R.O.N.U.S., which became the New Committee. But he’s got a plan. And he’s got the men. And he’s got you — although, it’s up to you to decide if you want to help him or not.

Popinjays
“You know, I was once a reckless kid. When all this happened, I mean when the cap was blown away to kingdom come from this Petri dish, and the Maelstrom, which was inside, broke free, I was ready to grab my pals and just study the hell out of it… I don’t want anymore. Since I‘ve learned what became of Victoria. Vicky… She wasn’t like that before, you know. ” — Max

Flamethrowers made of water pipes, body armor made of tires, hand grenades made of rubber hedgehogs. Insane masks. Insane souls. Popinjay gangs rove the desert riding garbage trucks. Their destination is a surrealistic mirage painted by inflammatory mind the Maelstrom radiation scorched for good. Traveling in a spiral, they get closer and closer to the center of the Dome to fight… anything, really. For the glory of their Queen Victoria Legrand, former Silver Wing employee.

We've made a lot of research to make them not just generic Raiders... are we done yet? (Click to download hi-res)
Yes, Max is right: the Maelstrom distorted Victoria’s personality but didn’t burn it out completely. The story of a journalist turned queen leads you to her subconscious, to her past. And to the only way to stop Popinjays.

Phalanx
“Talk about irony! It’s not the spiffed out madmen the threat comes from. In fact, it comes from the most intelligent of us. When Zemeckis starts talking, I feel a noose around my neck. It’s really nice and shiny, made from the finest silk. I’m sure I won’t even feel it tightening. ”— Max

Several squads of Blacks, Oranges, and sympathizers, united under a single banner. But their strength comes not from their guns and servoshells. Phalanx is a plenty of strings, thin and sometimes invisible. Spies, informants, saboteurs. And all these strings weave together in a ball held by the hands of Hieronymus Zemeckis himself — a funny little man with kind fatherly eyes.

Hieronymus seems to be the only man with a vivid vision of the future of the world under the Dome. But to carry out such a large-scale project he will need your help...

The Church Of The Maelstrom
“...potato pancakes they give everyone at the night shelter on Street Twelve. And then, when I’m done with my pancakes and ginger tea, which is also free, by the way, I raise my gaze and see this huge temple they built. There’s something wrong with them, can you feel it too?” — Max

They heal wounds. They help the poor and the desperate. They promise miracles you want to believe in the most when you’re trapped under the Dome. But behind the outer layer of kindness and humane speeches, some plan lies within the walls of free night shelters. When you see a diverse mob of believers who fill the streets of towns under the Dome nowadays, you realize: something’s happening. And if you’re smart, you just might link the rise of the Church to the strange events in the West of the Dome.

The story of the Church is not a story about conspiracy. It is more likely a story about a different path for the human race, and it is within your power to complete it (whatever it means).

That's all for today!
Tell us which faction you'd join after the Apocalypse? Become a renegade colonel, lonely wanderer or gray cardinal?

A little project update: we now have 18% of funding goal - thanks to our awesome 555 bakers! Please, let us know what do you think about this update and which topics you'd like us to cover in next updates.

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
So will you add that avatar-pack to the codex?
I actually want to make Codex special pack of portraits. Can you guys feed me with some funny ideas and memes which I can pass to my artists? We will inject this pack into the game later on too.

Our artists are pretty great so should be a cool avatar set.

You know, something like this
ffe46f5748696222b7e6fabd2a97e851_original.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom