Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2445548

Encased Kickstarter Update #31: New Screenshots
Posted by Dark Crystal Games (Creator)

“My father showed me my first miracle when I was a little boy. Starting with a photograph, he explained everything that went into the process of making it: lens, lamps, cuvettes, the mysterious dark room, photographic film, solutions, and finally the image, slowly emerging as if by magic from the void. It was as if I had discovered a window into a whole new world.

Sometimes I think this desert beneath the Dome works in exactly the same way. Perform the correct ritual and it will reveal its secrets. Not immediately, of course, but slowly. Be patient and in the end the picture will appear. You will not discover everything all at one...

But it is just as awe inspiring.”

(from a scrap of paper found drifting across the sands of the Southern Region.)

The graphics for Encased are slowly but steadily taking on a more polished and distinctive shape. It’s very important to us that with a single glance at the screen, players can say, “Yeah, I know that game!" Our artists and level-designers are working long and hard to fulfill that goal.

Why don’t we check on some of their work? Let’s take a look at screenshots from some of our work-in-progress locations.

7e6bd2fd534bd971062ec784a48dc099_original.png

Imagine that later today you’re scheduled for a serious talk with some bigshot from management. You have a feeling an assignment is coming up, something big involving new responsibilities. It’s obviously in your best interest to get as much information as possible. What’s your plan?

You could search for information on a public terminal; hack into the main servers; study the Dome’s strategic map in order to draw conclusions from key site placements; or find a Silver Wing associate and charm or intimidate them into sharing privileged information. There will be many different possibilities, and it’s up to the game to present them for you. But which solution you choose is always up to you.

ea7e77b51b105cc794c2464e9fae490f_original.png

The road leading to this cave is obstructed by hazardous anomalies. You don’t know what’s inside. How dangerous said anomalies might be is also a mystery to you. But due to an overheard conversation between two people from a nearby village, this site is particularly tempting. What to do...

You could attempt to find a different way in; use scientific equipment to discharge the anomalies; use your agility to cautiously squeeze past them; put your visor down and take your armor for a test run; or simply turn back. In every situation, you will have several options for finding a way in or out.

ba024d918236360c2a07c6e6afde2e56_original.png

In the darkness of the alternative past, bunkers littler the desert. Along with the turrets guarding them. Here is a situation every genre-loving gamer has experienced at least once: You need to get inside, but the entrance is guarded. Problem is, you don’t know if the bunker’s inhabitants and their turrets see you as an enemy or a friend. It’s probably a good idea to double check.

But the easiest way is not always the right one. Maybe you should look around for a secret tunnel; ask an inhabitant on a smoke break about the pros and cons; use your lockpick and hacking skills; or just throw an EMP grenade and tell everyone it was a lightning strike. A motivated individual will always find a way.

5cb91ff34267eb92eb53e25743abef4f_original.png

What could be better than a cozy evening enjoying the warmth of a post-apocalyptic bonfire? An evening spent on nothing but quality time. Fun activities may include: scaring away a gang of raiders attracted by your fire; stealthily accessing the storeroom of a deserted filling station; eavesdropping on the latest secrets and gossip of the folks occupying the nearby ruins; or engaging in some fair (or not so fair) trade with the locals.

Don’t forget to admire the beautiful scenery on the way!

5e2738cd077a0f36374d71c1ae5f459c_original.png

Is there anything beautiful to be found in a swamp? If you don’t mind getting your hands, legs and everything else dirty, then yes. Otherwise CRONUS wouldn’t send yet another expedition into these parts. Truth be told, all participants are currently MIA. A slightly rusty, tracked vehicle is the only sign of the expedition’s passing.

Now you have to map an uncharted, toxic swamp, fight off monsters, look for traces of survivors, search their corpses for evidence, and finally put their sad story together. Or maybe you’ll go your own way and pursue your own goals. Though the swamps will be no less unpleasant, this need not be the main episode of your gaming experience.

While conquering the Dome and its virtual territories, don’t forget about the real world. Or rather about Steam, our bridge between the digital and the material.

If you want to help spread the word about our game - check out the store page, add Encasedto your wishlist, and tag it.

By doing so, you’ll help us complete several of our goals.

• First, the post-apocalyptic gaming community’s size will increase, since it will be easier to find Encased while searching.
  • Second, Steam’s service quality will be improved. The platform will recommend our game to those who are really interested, making it much more useful to their (and our) customers.
  • Third, it will increase the popularity of our product, improving our possibilities for growth and development- everything we need to make our game more eventful and engaging.

List of recommended tags:

bc8c6580c30b520f01c3e2b8d9ac3281_original.png

We really want to release Encased right on the dot. We’re going all-out to deliver alpha- and beta-versions to our backers without delay. But sadly, we’re not quite making it.

Perfectionism is to blame. None of us wants to release raw product. It’s not about reputation, but simply because we respect our players, because we’re just like you. We’re making a game we ourselves would wish to play.

So the release date may be delayed, but not by much. Early Access will begin before the summer. Before that, we of course intend to keep our Kickstarter promises. Everyone who pledged for alpha and beta access will have it in due time.

Right now, we’re working hard, trying to not lose touch with our player base, remembering our promises, and relying on your support. Believe us, we really value your continued faith and support.

Theldaran

Liturgist

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Epic exclusive, when?

Epic wants the big bucks and isn't interested in such a game for Codexians.
:nocountryforshitposters:

They had gone after a blobber!

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-coming-march-29th.125155/page-4#post-6057192

I was basing my statement in that there is no similar game in Epic as of now.

From now on, they maybe bother with Codexian games, which is :negative:
Don't despair friend,piratebay is a place of equality!

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guess what guys:

It's time for a very important announcement for everyone who supported Encased on Kickstarter. But first a little preface.

What do you think about exclusive deals? In our opinion, they serve as a great source of healthy competition between worlds greatest players of the market. Thanks to this competition, end user gets a better product. On the other hand, exclusive deals could limit the circle of users and narrow down the audience. What do you think about exclusive deals? Share your thoughts in a comment section.

Now to the news.

After continuous talks between the board of directors, C.R.O.N.U.S. corporation have finally decided who wins the tender on exclusive food delivery rights under the Dome. And the winner is Epic Meal Store. Now employees will be able to eat the best meat, vegetables and fruits from around the globe.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
That's 3rd game that I'm interested in that goes to Epic.
Is it 1 year exclusivity like the others?

edit,
Nevermind.
Brain failure.
Reading comprehension no work so good.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2477290

Encased Kickstarter Update# 32: Rewards that matter
Posted by Dark Crystal Games (Creator)

“So, Marcus, now you’re calling me a marauder? Bullshit. Calling me a historian would be closer to the truth.

“Look here, for instance: a fine pair of boots. I fished these out of an empty trash barrel at a gas station. They’re practically new. Someone hid them there is my guess, planned to come back for them at some point.

“You see now, yeah? Every thing has its history. That’s what I’m looking for, that’s what I collect. A sucker like you wouldn’t understand. Wait, what’s that sticking out of your pocket?”

We love stories too. A good story is the most important part of any classic RPG, and there are many of these little vignettes in Encased, each of which contributes to the narration in one way or another.

Narrative, along with gameplay and graphics, is one of the “whales” upon which a successful project depends. The narrative is served not only through dialogues, character cues and in-game documents. We, like our nameless marauder, love telling a story through things. A battered rifle hidden beneath the floorboards of an abandoned hut can tell you a lot about its deceased owner: twenty notches on the barrel, homemade ammo clip, and a telescopic sniper sight worth tens of thousands of combonds - a small, but complete story reveals itself to the attentive player who is prepared to look and think.

9d38cee4e35b9118973e1ca9d0f99d27_original.png

This experience is inspired by dozens of playthroughs of original Fallout, Planescape: Torment, and other cool games. We, like you, are players above all.

How does our tiny tale lead us to the rewards? Easy: recall the stories. In the world of Encased, one does not simply open a chest and pick up a “Kickstarter Shotgun” or “Backer Armor.” “Rewarded” items become part of the plot, with a natural and organic backstory for the players who supported our project from the very start. The origin of each reward item will be interwoven with the lore of the game’s universe.

But do not expect these rewards to make the main character an invulnerable killing machine, destroying all life in their path. Balance is of no less importance to us than storyline, and we consider “Kickstarter” items to be an interesting way to reveal secrets about the world of Encased (i.e. additional lore and quests).

e58b89bae378b5307f78be06c68052e6_original.jpg

Take, for example, this lunchbox. It will not protect you from a high velocity round (though it might stop a pistol shot). It does not give the owner immunity to high levels of radiation or grant regenerative powers to the sandwiches you keep inside. But on discovering such a thing near a dusty old skeleton, sitting by a locked door deep in an abandoned bunker, one can assume certain facts. And having examined the scratches, blood stains and wiped clean handle - one might even come to definitive conclusion or two. Also, don’t forget that sandwiches do need to be safely stored someplace.

Although our campaign is already finished, everyone has the opportunity to leave their footprint in Encased. We are still collecting CRONUS employee questionnaires. Anyone who sends an interesting and detailed character bio via the form will be included in the CRONUS employees database. And if our writers find your character interesting enough, you will have a chance to see them in the game! So act now, citizen, because when release day comes, the questionnaire will be taken offline permanently. Hurry up and you’re gonna make it!

21c7f8377f81de404da6767543a784ba_original.jpg

As a last point, we’ll tell you about our rewards issuing protocol. Don’t forget to check your Inbox! In the very near future, surveys will be sent to clarify contact details and shipping addresses. In addition, we will need to clarify a couple of points: how do you want your name to appear in the credits of the game; an CD-key for which gaming platform do you need... The specifics will depend on the list of awards you have chosen. Our goal here is for both digital and physical bonuses to find their owners as quickly as possible.

fd415e062ab66519cdd4e19347ae4aec_original.jpg

At the beginning of early access period, in-game rewards and pre-order bonuses will become available to anyone who helped us with the Kickstarter campaign and also supported our game on Steam. For example, a helmet and gloves from the “Pathfinder” kit - they are associated with the history of the Dome exploration, and thus may be useful at an early stage of the game.

45670324eab06ed74fb7c5f49f13a618_original.png

Keep and eye on inbox, surveys will be sent soon
As you may remember, some rewards include the participation of backers in the creation of additional content, including NPC portraits, mini-quests, personalised items and characters… The work on them will be conducted during the early access period. It won’t be long now until your own little piece of the game world, created together with our writers and designers, shall appear in Encased. So another reminder: keep a close eye on your email!

Physical rewards will be sent out shortly after the final release. We take our obligations really seriously.

Once again thanks for supporting us and stay tuned!

If you have not wishlisted Encased on Steam yet - please do! (and share with friends). If you missed KS-action there is still a chance to pre-order the game.

Some friends of ours recently released a free demo - the prologue of their upcoming game, Sin Slayers. Sin Slayers is a dark, dark fantasy RPG with roguelike elements.

We’ve played an early version ourselves, so let us share our impressions: these guys are creating a solid, old-school, turn-based game that’s hitting all the right notes. The “heart” of Sin Slayers is turn-based combat reminiscent of classic JRPGs and the beloved HOMM series.

The project has been in fulltime development for over a year now, and is currently in the playable alpha stage. Guys are hosting a Kickstarter campaign now and they need your help!

Sin Slayers is a worthy successor to the roguelike/RPG tradition, and the additional crowdfunded budget will help make the game experience deeper, more interesting, and more varied. So if you like classic turn-based tactics within a well-developed combat system, pay attention to this game. Perhaps because of your support, Sin Slayers will reach its full potential.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
When is this shit coming out? It says "Coming Soon" on Steam now. I backed it but haven't really been looking at the updates (except through here, and only skimming) since I just want to play the damned thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom