Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Encased releasing on Early Access on September 26th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dark Crystal Games; Encased

Encased wasn't a big enough deal to be at Gamescom or PAX, but it still looks just as cool as the all the other isometric RPGs that are in development these days. The game quietly slipped into beta early last month after spending little more than a month in alpha, so it's no surprise that the Early Access release has arrived swiftly. Yesterday Dark Crystal unveiled a new teaser trailer announcing that it's going to be out on September 26th, and today they followed that up with a proper announcement that reveals that the game will be releasing on GOG as well. I'll post it all here:

Greetings, recruits!

The time has come. The Early Access version of Encased is almost ready, and the Dome will soon be open to everyone. On September 26th, you can begin exploring the enigma that is the Dome!

Those who pledged their support on Kickstarter, or otherwise pre-ordered the game, will receive their keys via email during the Early Access launch. Over the next few days we will send out a questionnaire where you may choose your platform, Steam or GOG.

Now we will answer the biggest question posed by community: "What can we expect in Early Access?"
  • Early Access will include a section of the game's main plot relating the events leading up to and during the Incident.
  • After the prologue, you will have access to some parts of the open world, where you can explore and discover how life under the Dome changed after the disaster.
  • Portions of the desert beneath the Dome will be obscured as anomalous zones, and temporarily inaccessible. But don't worry, regular content updates will gradually open up new sectors of the Dome for you to explore.
  • The open world has a life of its own. Traveling through the desert, you'll meet wandering traders, bandits, wild animals, the Forefathers' machines and anomaly mazes. Sometimes you’ll encounter unique events leading to a quest or acquainting you with one of the Dome’s factions.
  • The Early Access release will include about 40 weapons. In addition, Encased lets players craft their own weapons, which can lead to more than 100 deadly devices in total!
You will also find new side quests, characters, secrets, locations, items, weapons and armor, new animations, improved sounds and music, item crafting, etc.

Right now and until the start of Early Access, we will continue to polish and improve the game. None of the feedback you sent escaped our notice. We've fixed tons of bugs, changed some small mechanics, and improved what you told us needing improving (but nothing too crazy, we can't add a Godzilla-sized Cheburashka or anything like that).

As a reminder, you can directly report any errors you find in the game by using the "Feedback" button in the interface. You can also message us in Discord .

The Dome awaits, your patience will soon be rewarded! Join your fellow Encased players on Steam or GOG!

This is shaping up to be another pretty mad September.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Interesting, will keep an eye out for this, although postapocalyptic setting is slowly becoming too common so in the end everything will depend on execution. One thing has intrigued me though:
Our team of experienced developers, some of whom were involved in developing such games as Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition and Divinity: Original Sin 2, Age of Decadence, Life is Feudal: Forest Village and others
Do you know anything about it Vault Dweller or are they just throwing names?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interesting, will keep an eye out for this, although postapocalyptic setting is slowly becoming too common so in the end everything will depend on execution. One thing has intrigued me though:
Our team of experienced developers, some of whom were involved in developing such games as Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition and Divinity: Original Sin 2, Age of Decadence, Life is Feudal: Forest Village and others
Do you know anything about it Vault Dweller or are they just throwing names?

They're referring to Scott Hamm.

Elex

Arbiter
they are missing someone from Ghotic (the first two) and Diablo (the first two)

jac8awol

Arbiter
Now that's a trailer! Sets the right tone for a game I want to play, never mind that I know almost nothing about it. Forget that Blood of the Ham stuff with psycho clowns fighting the patriarchy, or tranny vamps getting wide ons, or even chrome-domed Keanus.

Murk

Arcane
Alpha footage on their channel seems really promising, albeit in cyka-speak.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom