Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4X Endless Space 2

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
That tech image looks like a placeholder.

covr

Prophet
Patron
There was similar 'techtree' in the latest gameplay video posted at the previous page.

covr

Prophet
Patron
What the fuck is that shit? Where is my huge techtree?

endless8.jpg
Welcome to Endless Space 1, what the hell did you expect?
Have you ever played Endless Space? Quoted image looks like dog vomit mixed with some disconnected pictures. I bet there is going to be at least 50% of decrease in the number of techs.
Quoted image does look like vomit and says nothing because you suck at it, when you want to complain about lack of tech, at least provide a comparison with previous iteration, otherwise fuck off, i'm in mourning anyway, you're just senselessly flailing around

There is currently 58 technologies to research (Sophons) in ES2 compared to something close to 135 technologies in ES1. However, two eras are yet to be unlocked, so probably there will be about 25 techs more (last era is going to have probably 4-5 techs).

*zip*

Edit:
As for the first impressions:
-Music is still great, probably even better than in ES1. Main menu track is terrific, overall sounds are really done very well, game has the feeling some kind of 'space' in terms of what you hear.
-Game is stable and well optimized.
-Lots of stuff is disabled, e.g. there's a turn limit (!) up to 125th turn (to be lifted next week), 2 research eras are to be revealed, that new special 'economy' scan is disabled, you can't choose a hero when starting a new game (probably not much heroes in the game yet).
-There's some furry tooltip guy who tells you that science is important and you should remember about defence. His first sentence is something like :"Science FTW". I am not joking. Huuuge boner killer.
-Some techs are no brainer, some are doomed to be picked last. Lots of balancing to be done here :balance:
-UI is similar to ES1 which is good, icons seems to be bit smaller and less visible which is not good. Research screen is godawful
- Loads of new stuff: colonies/outposts with its own mechanics, probes/exploration via probes and expeditions, politics, etc.
-Ship design is dumbed down.
-Combat might be dumbed down, I have to play more to be sure.
-Overall game seems to fun after 1 hour of gameplay.

Last edited:

DramaticPopcorn

There is currently 58 technologies to research (Sophons) in ES2 compared to something close to 135 technologies in ES1. However, two eras are yet to be unlocked, so probably there will be about 25 techs more (last era is going to have probably 4-5 techs).

*zip*
nigga you somehow came to the conclusion that I implied this to be an improvement over previous installments, I know it isn't, it's just that your initial criticism was vapid and baseless, not that the truth of the matter isn't horrifying.

covr

Prophet
Patron
My criticism was based on deduction. And I was right. You will get this sometime.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Damn, ES didn't do much for me, but I'm almost tempted to buy this based on how much fun I had with EL. Did they give any ETA for the final release?

-Combat might be dumbed down, I have to play more to be sure.
Is that even possible?

covr

Prophet
Patron
It is still ES game, I would say that they have added 20% stuff from EL, 20% of the new stuff but the rest is ES with probably better AI.
There is few months of work at least, I guess Q1 2017 is the safest assumption.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hm, a shitload of positive reviews on Steam and the negative ones look mostly retarded. Perhaps they really did learn something from EL. I've sworn I'd never buy an EA game again so I'm not buying this right now but I'm officially interested now.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hm, a shitload of positive reviews on Steam and the negative ones look mostly retarded. Perhaps they really did learn something from EL. I've sworn I'd never buy an EA game again so I'm not buying this right now but I'm officially interested now.

I want to, but from previous experience I know that these guys are almost Paradox-level when it comes to patching and DLC. You will only get the actual, content-complete game in a year's time.

-Music is still great, probably even better than in ES1.

Shut your whore mouth.

That's a bold claim to make. Even the Edgedex praises ES music so this has to be p. epic to match up or be even better.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Music is an instant boner level, with some strong inspirations from the Dungeons of the Endless. In fact I have left my pc with ES2 running during the night, just to listen to the music.

ArchAngel

Arcane
That is all good but if they cannot make combat more interesting I cannot see myself playing this.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Combat is the deal breaker... I also expect their dlc scheme to become even worse under Sega management, paradox levels of dickery.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Need to play it more. But right now it looks like the usual stuff from them.
Great UI/music/sound/setting/graphics. Gameplay looks, right now, far better than Stellaris. There even seems to be some sort of factions in your empire that can fuck you over. Something Stellaris really lacks.

I have to do more combat. But I do not think it will be better/shittier than the one found in Stellaris. It is basically pick tactic, enemy picks theirs. Then the ship designs duke it out.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Stellaris should have been crusader Kings in space, with factions and family politics, akin to dune.

That would have been fucking awesome, instead we keep getting mmo2 clones.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I want to, but from previous experience I know that these guys are almost Paradox-level when it comes to patching and DLC. You will only get the actual, content-complete game in a year's time.
This is obviously not true? The single most disappointing thing about EL was that the game was content complete on release, but they didn't do much to develop it post-release. Vanilla EL was a good game and perfectly playable out of the box, but there was potential there to become great (through revamped combat, better AI, more units per faction, more fleshed out quest system, adding a magic system or something equivalent etc.) and the first classic 4X in god knows how long. But they completely blew it.

Instead, only the 1st dlc tried a bit to improve the game through wonder districts and era-tied achievement with unique rewards. The rest was just "let's add a faction and some pointless shit". The idea of adding a pickup collectible to a 4X game, as per the winter dlc, seriously changed my opinion of them as developers. Holy shit was that "pants on head retarded" tier bad.

And yes, it seems to be a pattern with them, since Dungeon of the Endless, another game that was genuinely complete and fun on release, suffered exactly the same fate. Let's add a ship and some heroes and nothing to actually improve the game. Although with the simplicity of DotE it's obviously not as striking as with EL.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
This is obviously not true? The single most disappointing thing about EL was that the game was content complete on release, but they didn't do much to develop it post-release. Vanilla EL was a good game and perfectly playable out of the box, but there was potential there to become great (through revamped combat, better AI, more units per faction, more fleshed out quest system, adding a magic system or something equivalent etc.) and the first classic 4X in god knows how long. But they completely blew it.

Instead, only the 1st dlc tried a bit to improve the game through wonder districts and era-tied achievement with unique rewards. The rest was just "let's add a faction and some pointless shit". The idea of adding a pickup collectible to a 4X game, as per the winter dlc, seriously changed my opinion of them as developers. Holy shit was that "pants on head retarded" tier bad.

And yes, it seems to be a pattern with them, since Dungeon of the Endless, another game that was genuinely complete and fun on release, suffered exactly the same fate. Let's add a ship and some heroes and nothing to actually improve the game. Although with the simplicity of DotE it's obviously not as striking as with EL.
Talking about Endless Space here, not Legend.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
From streams game already is WAY above Master of Orion remake. Especially UI-wise. I'd say it has the best UI I saw in 4x grand strategies so far

rvm1975

Educated
EA plans

More civilizations to Play With
- 4 more major civilizations (out of 8)
- Custom civilizations
- 10 extra minor civilizations (out of 16)
- 25 extra Academy heroes (out of 50)

Enhanced Galaxy Generation
- More galaxy customization options
- More galaxy types
- Colonization events
- More anomalies, also visible on the planets
- More special nodes

- More unique planets

Expanded Gameplay
- 4 additional victory conditions (for a total of 6)
- Full tech tree and all 5 eras
- Marketplace, deeds and mercenaries
- Definitive Amplified Reality scan views
- Complete artificial intelligence

Bigger Better Badder Space Battles
- More battle maps
- More battle plays
- Battle play manager
- Fighters and bombers
- More minor civilizations ships

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
They're going to expand combat so it's equally lame as the first one, instead of even worse? Shit son, sign me up!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom