Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic Games Store - the console war comes to PC

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Neither Epic forces publishers to release games on their store

No they just bribe them to make them exclusive. Unless do you actually believe that publishers would make them Epic exclusive without shit load of money they get.

Nobody is forcing you to play these games

True, but the point is that if I backed a game only to be told that I have to wait for a whole year before I can play it on platform of my choosing I would be pissed.

So because its already damaged its ok to damage it some more? There is outrage for loot boxes unless you think people shouldnt bitch about is since everyone is doing it?

Quickly someone saves PC gaming!

https://www.vg247.com/2019/10/01/co...-ray-scanner-loot-box-controversy-france/amp/

"The only thing is, the scanner consumes the container in order to reveal the item inside. To use the X-ray Scanner again, the revealed item must be claimed, because it’s not designed to scan another container without claiming the revealed item."

Thanks Lord Gaben

Never said Valve is perfect, but I dont see how throwing fuel on fire will make the it better?

They are figuring out how to create a review system that blocks review bombing (massive incline)

How is that incline? Who is going to judge if the game is review bombed or just shitty game. In before every AAA game on EPIC store gets 90% positive reviews since others are judged to be unacceptable. Are they also still figuring out how to gift games?

It isn't Epic fault if publishers accept good exclusivity deals

Dont be retarded, EPIC gives shit load of money to make games exclusive, its a great deal for publishers but not so good for players.

I'm not, I don't buy games at full price

This was your comment: "Same reason Steam games cost the same as consoles games despite having no licensing fees to Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft.

But that's ok because Valve didn't impose it!"

You were bitching about Steam prices.

Steam lacks weekly free gaems

https://isthereanydeal.com/

Steam gifts free games every week.

Also who gives a fuck about free games, I buy myself what I want and I live in pretty much third world country.

You are like a nigger who votes Democrat only because they will give you welfare.

As I said I support EPIC financing devs to make games and make them exclusive to their store as they are acting as publishers.

But that article is a joke:

"Indie developer Gwen Frey is working on a puzzle game called Kine all by themselves. "I was a struggling solo indie dev making a passion project," Frey says in a tweet. "I was about to sell out to a publisher so I could hire artists and finish my game properly. But I didn't, because I was saved by an Epic exclusivity deal."

So here is a indie dev making a puzzle game similar to thousands of others on Steam. Yet what, he deserves success and riches just because hes making a game? Should we feel sorry for him for starting a project for which he didnt have money or people to complete? I have zero pity for those kind of people and if EPIC decides to give money to every indie dev like that I dont think that their Fortnite money would be enough.

30% sharecut is evil for small developers, should be 20% for everyone, not only for games that make over $50m in revenue

Its the same pretty much everywhere, yet neither developers or publishers cared about it until now. And for some reason very few of them rush to put their games on itch.io that has 10% cut.

But do they bitch about developers who release games on other platforms?

If they are anything like you then Im sure in their offices they do nothing but bitch about it.

Epic didn't force anyone to release games for $60

Nobody said otherwise.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update your epic_conspiracy_theories.txt

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-...hentication-required-when-claiming-free-games

Two-Factor Authentication Required When Claiming Free Games April 28 - May 21

Beginning today and ending on May 21, we will periodically require two-factor authentication prior to claiming free games on the Epic Games Store. We are making this change in an effort to encourage our players to take steps to strengthen their Epic account security.

If you do not have two-factor authentication enabled on your account, you will see the following message when attempting to claim a free game:

Two Factor Authentication Required

Claiming this free game requires you to have Two-Factor Authentication setup on your account. Two-Factor Authentication provides an additional level of security to your Epic Games account and will help prevent unauthorized access.”

In order to enable two-factor authentication, please head over to your Epic Games Account settings. Two-factor authentication can be used to help protect your account from unauthorized access by requiring you to enter a security code when you sign in. You can read a full how-to guide on enabling two-factor authentication here.

We understand that this is a minor inconvenience for some, but we want to provide the best possible solutions to protect your Epic account.

Perkel

Arcane
Those who came out with 2FA should be shot dead and let their bodies be eaten by pigs.
I already have to deal with this bullshit with steamshit and not this bullshit comes to Epic.

Learned
Supposedly people use bots to generate multiple accounts and claim free games to sell the accounts later.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Those who came out with 2FA should be shot dead and let their bodies be eaten by pigs.
I already have to deal with this bullshit with steamshit and not this bullshit comes to Epic.
Well, if you were epic manager and had to chose between shopping cart or two-factor authentication what would you pick?

Perkel

Arcane
Epic does have though nice download speeds unlike steam:

unknown.png

and i am limited by my SSD which is hitting 550max write my disc has:

unknown.png

Meanwhile on Steam, barely half of my ascended speed:

unknown.png

:killitwithfire::killitwithfire::killitwithfire::killitwithfire:

Perkel

Arcane
It is faster for me to download game than to copy it from my hard drive to SSD.
What a time to be alive.

Perkel

Arcane
I just downloaded Just Cause 4 (48GB) in 12 minutes and half of that time game was verifying files.
And i deleted it. It feels sooo filthy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom