Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic Games Store - the console war comes to PC

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That price will never change.
Mate, if your economy is gonna crater you can be damn sure somebody at THQ is gonna adjust the fucking pricing so they do not receive the equivalent of chewing gum money in your local seashells.

You do have chewing gum, right?

Last edited:
Oh Metro, god damn I missed telling you how wrong you are. Did you miss me telling you how wrong you are?
Hello Brut, how do? :creamyblood:
Hi Cow! Just so you know, I never forgot you. I talked about you all the time, I told all the hookers about you while snorting lines of their semi-clean asses. I even mentioned you in my divorce proceedings.
Damn, no wonder the hookers have been so fucking scared to take me on. I'll get you for this, Brut! :argh:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
For us people who don't use USD currency (in my case South America),

giphy.gif

passerby

Arcane
That price will never change.
Mate, if your economy is gonna crater you can be damn sure somebody at THQ is gonna adjust the fucking pricing so they do not receive the equivalent of chewing gum money in your local seashells.

You do have chewing gum, right?

Exactly, there is regional pricing and it's up to publishers to set prices in each region as low, or as high as they wish.

Not only that, but Chillean GDP per capita is slightly higher than in eastern eurpean countries of EU, but for 90% of games we have to pay the same prices as westerners. For example Darksiders III costs 55$ here, so wtf exactly is he complaining about ?

Last edited:

passerby

Arcane
I believe you can now do this in the GOG Galaxy 2.0 client if you wanted to sign up for the beta access so might try that out and see if it's more to your liking.

I won't bother with beta ( I even registered, but they didn't sent me an invite ), but the idea of a launcher to rule all the launchers is actually pretty neat, I'm looking forward to it.
If on top of that they'll indeed add user defined categories like on Steam, I may start to buy non exclusives on gog again.

Can you have games from different stores in a homogenous library, or do stores have separate tabs ?

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Bandai Namco isn't interested in exclusivity deal, because they want their games to be "available for as many fans as possible": https://www.mcvuk.com/bandai-namcos...nd-subscription-models-are-potential-threats/

Talk of new platforms inevitably progressed to discussion of the Epic Games Store, and the opportunities that Hoerdt recognised it presents the industry, even if he did make it clear that Bandai Namco simply isn’t interested.

“It’s an opportunity to be honest, of course,” he started. “We’ve been swimming in the same pool for years and this pool is made of 200m, 300m people and obviously the vision to be able to address 2bn or more tomorrow is very exciting. I think that’s also why it’s attracting a lot of money at the moment in the industry. People trust the gaming market to grow even bigger. So we see this as an opportunity and a way to address more consumers.

“Having said that, we also see this as a threat, but we need to invest more. While we invest for the current generation, I think it’s no secret that there’s a new generation coming, so we need to put the money in and invest for this new generation. On top of this, for the first time in 30 years, there are streaming platforms like Google [Stadia] emerging, so we need to invest even further.

“We cannot do everything and Japanese [companies] are not risk averse but we’re going slowly. So we have a full platform strategy. The main focus for us is the consumer and the brand. And for each brand we decide what’s the best way to satisfy the consumer and to engage the widest audience possible. So for instance, I don’t see any point of putting Tekken 7 (pictured above) on Epic Store. Epic is just another store. It’s fantastic, they have a lot of strength and [lots of] users, the business model is attractive to us because it’s more profitable but still, their interest is, if I’m correct, exclusivity. And this is not our vision. We want our content to be available for as many fans as possible. I don’t think we’ll deal with Epic in the short term, while we have this strategy. But of course, if they’re open, we’ll go there.”

This also comes on the back of Dontnod announcing in June a partnership with Epic Games Store for its next title, Twin Mirror, which will be an Epic exclusive for a year on PC – a PC version that until that point was going to be published by none other than Bandai Namco. The latter will still publish Twin Mirror on consoles, while Dontnod has acquired the rights to the IP.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I sometimes rebuy on Steam, and hide games on gog because gog library is one tiled alphabetically sorted mess without an ability to create custom categories [autism]. I do this only when I stumble upon super cheap bundle, or max 1$ key on a reseller site, though.
I don't know if you noticed it, but you can tag your games on GOG, thus creating categories, and you can also sort them in different ways.

Codex Year of the Donut
Paranoia game looked like shit anyways so whatever
The more troubling thing is it looks like bigben interactive is going to put all their published titles there.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
An ironic thing about the era of Epic-exclusivity: Xbox-exclusivity is now good for PC gamers, because it means that publishers that get bribed by Epic are forced to release their games on the Microsoft Store also, where it has a shot of being on Game Pass. Playstation gamers hardest hit.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The constant EGS hate is the weirdest fucking ever. It's a fucking digital store filled with games the kodex wasn't going to buy anyway. Steam doesn't need you to white knight it, kids.
CCP has placed 4 yuan in your account for this shill post

Not white knighting Steam is shilling for Epic.

Just Steamtards being Steamtards.

The constant EGS hate is the weirdest fucking ever. It's a fucking digital store filled with games the kodex wasn't going to buy anyway. Steam doesn't need you to white knight it, kids.

If you can take the time to sign up again after all these years, you can take the time to read the entire thread.

That's why so many here are writing you off as the old man from Family Guy rather than some STEAM GAMING GOD.

Yeah, and what is he going to get by reading the whole thread? That Steamtards are incapable of keeping their stories straight? That Steamtards are unable to explain what's the difference between being forced to use the Steam client and being forced to use the Epic client? Or unable to explain how having something exclusive for 1 year is the end of the world and the developers should be boycotted forever, while having something exclusive for many years already and propably forever it's just fine because it's on Steam? Or unable to explain how Epic is controlling the market because they have a couple of exclusive, while Steam is totally not even though not being on Steam has long been a death sentence for any non-AAA game?

Oh yeah, he's going to find out that the Epic guy is a a meanie and the Steam guy is a goodie, which means it's fine if you're raped by the goodie.

Two, this is more than just downloading a game from a different app. We've been through the reasons why multiple times in this thread, but it's clear you cunts just don't want to hear it. Why should we listen to you when you won't listen to us?

No, you've never been through it. Not really. "Steam is a better client and liek it" is not an actual reason. Not for anyone who only cares about running the fucking game and doesn't give a shit about retarded client features. Just hanging on to client features when the issue in the first place is the existence of the client (which Steamtards hypocritically keep crying about, like somehow the Steam client is optional) is really patethic.

"The Steam client makes the games better" was the best thing so far in this thread. :lol: :lol: :lol: But sure, you're totally not retarded fanboys. It's the others who are Epic shills because they don't recognize the superiority and even absolute necessity of Steam to make games better. :lol:

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Bandai Namco isn't interested in exclusivity deal, because they want their games to be "available for as many fans as possible": https://www.mcvuk.com/bandai-namcos...nd-subscription-models-are-potential-threats/

Talk of new platforms inevitably progressed to discussion of the Epic Games Store, and the opportunities that Hoerdt recognised it presents the industry, even if he did make it clear that Bandai Namco simply isn’t interested.

“It’s an opportunity to be honest, of course,” he started. “We’ve been swimming in the same pool for years and this pool is made of 200m, 300m people and obviously the vision to be able to address 2bn or more tomorrow is very exciting. I think that’s also why it’s attracting a lot of money at the moment in the industry. People trust the gaming market to grow even bigger. So we see this as an opportunity and a way to address more consumers.

“Having said that, we also see this as a threat, but we need to invest more. While we invest for the current generation, I think it’s no secret that there’s a new generation coming, so we need to put the money in and invest for this new generation. On top of this, for the first time in 30 years, there are streaming platforms like Google [Stadia] emerging, so we need to invest even further.

“We cannot do everything and Japanese [companies] are not risk averse but we’re going slowly. So we have a full platform strategy. The main focus for us is the consumer and the brand. And for each brand we decide what’s the best way to satisfy the consumer and to engage the widest audience possible. So for instance, I don’t see any point of putting Tekken 7 (pictured above) on Epic Store. Epic is just another store. It’s fantastic, they have a lot of strength and [lots of] users, the business model is attractive to us because it’s more profitable but still, their interest is, if I’m correct, exclusivity. And this is not our vision. We want our content to be available for as many fans as possible. I don’t think we’ll deal with Epic in the short term, while we have this strategy. But of course, if they’re open, we’ll go there.”

This also comes on the back of Dontnod announcing in June a partnership with Epic Games Store for its next title, Twin Mirror, which will be an Epic exclusive for a year on PC – a PC version that until that point was going to be published by none other than Bandai Namco. The latter will still publish Twin Mirror on consoles, while Dontnod has acquired the rights to the IP.

dbz kakarot day 1 bamco :thumbsup:

Silentstorm

Learned
Oh yeah, i will certainly buy Dragon Ball Z:Kakarot on day one, but honestly, it's less to do with this decision and more because, for some reason, as i know it's not exactly a brilliantly written franchise, i have a massive soft spot for anything Dragon Ball related.

Silentstorm

Learned
The Darq dev, that one recent indie game that didn't become EGS exclusive, has offered Tim the chance to have the game in the store:

Though, considering how he is saying the proceeds will all go to charity, i am guessing that the game sold better than expected which is a bit suprising as the game didn't look all that great or special to me, but hey, good for the dev anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom