Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic Games Store - the console war comes to PC

Dexter

Arcane
Most of their Metro Sales are likely Retail copies, the UK charts they bring up only count Retail sales after all. If you can think back, they had helpfully announced to replacing all Steam keys with "Epic Store Keys" like two weeks before release even replacing the stickers on the game box, which they are now apparently touting as a "huge success"!

Anyway, the Quantic Dream console game library are definitely catches and what they could've done to stand out from the beginning instead of bribing developers to sell "exclusively" on their store.

As long as they act like the assholes of the games industry and continue trying to fragment PC gaming with their console mindset, trying to swing their dick around they won't see any money from me, and there's no game in existence that will change that and a long Backlog of games to get through. If this continues, Steam will likely have to retaliate at some point though and it won't be pretty or "good" for anyone , they certainly have the cash. Even worse if EA or Activision get the idea to swing their dicks around too and try to make theirs the "ultimate store".

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
unknown.png

ouch
1m5k7r.jpg

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
2.5x sales of previous game based on what? Within 5 weeks since release? In that case of course it sells better than LL, it's the third game in a well regarded franchise. Compared to LL's lifetime sales? Bullshit, no fucking way it sold >2 mil copies in 5 weeks. Resident Evil 2 arguably has more mainstream hype and it only recently broke 1 mil on Steam. Also keep in mind that LL wasn't that popular at launch, it got great leg due to word of mouth while initial marketing wasn't that hot (especially when you count the drama around monetized Ranger mode) and it sold gradually better through bundles.

These fuckers don't even try to promote their own platform's strength but rather compare their dick size to Steam. Only retards trust these dubious cunts.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
it's chinese bots buying copies through backdoor bitcoin transactions to make the sales do iron man numbers

Mazisky

Magister
I am opening an account. I am a story fag and i will buy 100% all Quantic Dream games + Phoenix Point and Outer worlds. Gj Epic

Also, i intend to support Epic only cause of the general butthurt against it, because it's fun, and seeing it having success (and typical edgy codex user crying and shitposting) is even more.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
I am opening an account. I am a story fag and i will buy 100% all Quantic Dream games + Phoenix Point and Outer worlds. Gj Epic
Thank me later for saving you lots of money, these are actually "games" where "game streaming" would make sense:

Mazisky

Magister
Thank me later for saving you lots of money, these are actually "games" where "game streaming" would make sense:

Don't need to. I've played Farenheit on pc, Heavy Rain and 2 souls already on my ps3 i know the deal.

I didn't play Detroit because i have only a ps3 (was gifted anyway since i play only pc.

Yeah, they are less more than movies, but i enjoy playing them, it's a nice break from the more complex games i usually play on pc.

And more important, those are the only games i can play with girls i invite home, because they seem to enjoy them, unlike any other game;
Unfortunately, i have to meet a nerdy girl yet, but it's difficult to find one over 30 that likes videogames.

GrainWetski

Arcane

Also, i intend to support Epic only cause of the general butthurt against it, because it's fun, and seeing it having success (and typical edgy codex user crying and shitposting) is even more.

I fully support you in this endeavor.

May I suggest you also cut your dick off to "trigger the transphobes"? The "transphobes" sure would be crying and shitposting if you did!

Mazisky

Magister

I fully support you in this endeavor.

May I suggest you also cut your dick off to "trigger the transphobes"? The "transphobes" sure would be crying and shitposting if you did!

I can't: unlike the typical edgy codexer, i use it. No offense, sorry.

Mazisky

Magister
also they said they won't accept shitty games, now it has to be seen how this will turn out, but steam is full of trash, so not having an inflated overload of "solo dev games made in one day with unity" crap can be useful.

GrainWetski

Arcane

also they said they won't accept shitty games, now it has to be seen how this will turn out, but steam is full of trash, so not having an inflated overload of "solo dev games made in one day with unity" crap can be useful.
Yeah, they say they won't accept shitty games, but the store is currently nothing but shitty games.

Makes sense.

Solid Snail

Learned
There's a reason they're not mentioning actual number of copies sold. If they were impressive, they'd flaunt them around for everyone to see.
Better yet, it's probably 2.5x sales of redux, not the original last light

What is fun is the fact they can claim the game sold 10x Last Light, but no one is able to monitor how many copies each game is selling on Epic Store. Meanwhile SteamSpy can still provide data on owned copies, so you can do your math more or less.

LW Games

LW Games
Developer
Let me tell you how it goes:

1) As a average "indie" developer i would jump on Epic store like there is no tomorrow (guaranteed X sales, thats a lot of beer and Jack Daniels to drink while the world goes fulll SJW) - unless i already developed community (i did that to some point, i would feel ashame to do change it now) and i didnt want to whore myself, see... every game on that store. SJWnautica made lots of cash on Steam, but they wanted moar, etc. Phoenix Point, the last game of that old developer, i cant blame him much, he just cashes in, but as a consumer, "gaymer" with IQ over 80, hmm... wont buy it.
2) As a consumer, i rather not have another DRM store, second, their site and features sucks, but they dont care, they have cashy! (but fanboys will buy - example: Kenshi or Mount and Blade II on Epic Store only, i would jump ze shark)
3) I hope it makes Gabe work more, and take a break from cocaine - the only good things from this "war"
4) see 3, the only good thing that can come from this

For the average consumer, just wait, they are a lot of good games out there, dont need to register to another shity DRM publisher. But "we" as a community are like 10%, the rest are the majority, and majority are dumb. So is just butthurt for corps! Oh btwai, Steam now prevents review bombing. So for example skyrimjob, releases an update where all NPC are incloosive African/Arabian blacks/mudcrabs, if the algorithm detects negativity in a short spam, well.... welcome to 1984!

While refunds with reviews are on! lel!

Oh vey!

P.S. Fuck! i am becoming Cleve, i need to drink less!

P.S. Epic Store = Communist Monopoly! :)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom