Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Escape From Tarkov

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Executr, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Edija Savant Patron

Edija
    And another great tip, always shoot hatchlings like the guy above on sight.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Boleskine Arcane

Boleskine
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/01/08/escape-from-tarkov-wont-add-female-playable-characters/

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • nice nice x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • How DARE you!?? How DARE you!?? x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Hace El Oso Novice Patron

Hace El Oso

They just can't help themselves, they have to take a dig at the game itself as a parting shot in addition to the rest of their polemic. "Who'd want to play that poopy game for stinky doo-doo heads ANYWAY?" :lol:

• honk honk! honk honk! x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Curratum Liturgist

Curratum
    Anyone have any idea how long queue times are in Europe? I'm not waiting 5 minutes for a game where I will get offed in 2 minutes.

^ Top  
  5. Berekän #11231 Patron

Berekän
    Depends on the map, mode & squad size. If you're planning on running solo you probably won't get any queues longer than 2 minutes.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Curratum Liturgist

Curratum
    Yeah, I have no friends playing this so solo for me. Good to know, thanks!

^ Top  
  7. GreyViper Erudite

GreyViper
    I think that rule applies to all players. :D But having played a bit I get why hatchlings can be annoying. Besides I have moved on to the economic AK start kit for my PMC. One thing I have to congratulate devs on are the sounds and detecting other players via it. Having good earphones pays off.
    But yeah it's a great moment when you gon in with almost nothing, have a fight and then extract half dead with top tier equipment.

^ Top  
  8. cretin Educated

cretin
    strong new laptop
    big new engine update that supposedly fixes all the performance issues

install today, play. Still runs like shit. Still has annoying dips and freezes. Welp fuck this game. I mean ffs, insurgency standstorm is widely regarded as unoptimized and i can run that on high detail anywhere from 70-110 fps depending on the intensity of the scene, and here I'm struggling to keep this above 45 fps with most shit turned off. The absolute worst thing about modern gaming is ridiculously unoptimized games that still look like shit.

^ Top  
  9. Curratum Liturgist

Curratum
    I'd press X to doubt that you're on a "strong new" laptop.

I'm on an i5 that's 8 years old now, and an RX 570 and the game runs with mostly 60 on medium-high.

^ Top  
  10. cretin Educated

cretin
    I have a GTX 1660 ti, 16gb ram and an i7.

^ Top  
  11. Curratum Liturgist

Curratum
    That doesn't make sense, all my parts are inferior and I have good performance. Are you playing off an SSD or an HDD?

^ Top  
  12. cretin Educated

cretin
    SSD. and yes, that it doesnt make sense is the infuriating part.

• Rage Rage x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. cretin Educated

cretin
    it appears my performance issues were mostly related to the AI in offline mode. I played an actual match and was getting 50-60fps at customs on ultra settings with excessive nonsense turned off (post process shit and reduced draw distance because lol when are the devs ever gonna let you see more than a kilometer with this shitty fog?). Still, im a bit pissed i cant get 60+ consistent on this hardware. The main thing that is annoying me now is the sharp momentary FPS drops, especially when aiming down sights (just with ironsights, not even a scope wtf!). Anyone know how to fix this shit?

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)