Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternal card game

da_rays

Augur
Hail codexers, ive found this little game on steam 2 days ago. Still going on with the campaign , seem like Heartstone duplicata with instants spells . I like what i see for now , 5 factions , unit spells equipment and a few others things.

Anyone here played this a bit ? feel like the same F2P model of heartstone , can get packs with in game currency but can also buy out packs with the real money currency. Would love some impressions from other. Will post mine after the campaign and some deck building .

EDIT: here is the steam link for the curious http://store.steampowered.com/app/531640/

GrainWetski

Arcane
Made by the guys behind Elders Scrolls: Legends? Is this the one Kibbler is working on?

I love card games, so I'll give it a good ol' college try.

Anomander

Educated
It's more Magic than Hearthstone. There are lands (powers), instants (fast spells), defender choses who take damage, minions health replenishes every turn, draft e.t.c.
I played some games (including draft). So far so good. It's faster than Magic and Hex.
Also you get a lot of gold from just winning. Draft costs 5000 and I won 7 games in it and that's about 10000 gold + some cards. You keep cards you choose.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Pretty much the same gameplay as MTG. I like it, but at the moment I'm playing mostly Legends and don't feel like doing 2 CCGs at the same time.

Also, completely superior to HS.

da_rays

Augur
Well having fun for now. Completed the campaign. Visual , layout and interface is very similiar to Heartstone, has for the mechanics , its a mix of MtG/Hex and heartstone too. 4 Modes available now to play : Gauntlet , which is a series of AI opponements you battle, the more you wins the bigger the reward . Can also edit deck between battle. Forge , which is like the Arena in heartstone , for 2500 Golds. Or 250 gems , the real money currency. Ranked battle in which you can earn rank and reward VS real players. And there is a sweet sweet sweet draft mode , for a whooping 5000 golds or again 500 gems. Gotta love there is a draft mode in this.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
And there is a sweet sweet sweet draft mode , for a whooping 5000 golds

Yeah, that's the price of 5 packs, but while drafting you do get cards equivalent to 4 packs. After that it seems like only after 2 wins you're guaranteed an actual pack, but each extra win is another pack.

Also worth nothing that you get a bit of gold and a card after each win in ranked.

da_rays

Augur
Well after campaign , a few ranked 2 forges and some gauntlets. this aint bad , aint bad at all. And the grinding for now feel very good . a pack here and there . Lots of mechanics to play with. Dual and mono deck seem to be doing great in each of their department. Every HS lover who want deeper strategy are gonna find what they want. If anyone is looking for a buddy to test some shit out , feel free to drop your IGN.
Rays77+3584

Leechmonger

Arbiter
Alright I tried it, it seems way better than Hearthstone (not a difficult feat) and reminded me of how much better Magic is than that ultra-casual trash.

Are there any other multiplayer modes aside from ranked and draft?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Gave this a try, this is actually kinda fun. Now getting my ass kicked in the 2nd Part Tutorial... :M

da_rays

Augur
Tutorial is mainly there to show you the 5 factions , unlock the 5 starter decks and give you a taste of each color ( faction ) and theirs various mechanics. After that , you can do some gauntlet and a free forge to get some more packs. After that , you might wanna take a look in the crafting screen , lots of neat cards . Might help to decide a way to go for ''grinding'' or crafting that 1st deck.

catfood

AGAIN
I played this game for about 5 hours today. I am hooked. Complexity close to the level of MTG and you can actually get cards without needing to pay for them. Sign me up!

Last edited:

da_rays

Augur
Glad to see you guys are trying it out or are a bit hooked. Still having load of fun myself. the only thing that ''Grind my gear'' is that most useful / wanted unco and common are still missing , but just doing the gauntlet a bit help unlock them slowly.
Another neat thing this morning , you can also unlock Theme Deck . I think you can only unlock 1 at a time , there is 5 present at the moment and unlocking them seem to grant you a Theme quest, which you have to do , of course, with the previously unlocked theme deck. gotta say , its a nice touch . They had a similiar thing in Infinity Wars. Somewhat fun to play with a deck with new strategy or just to show you new cards /combos.
Just gonna repeat what everyone else said to reinforce it: thats a HS that play like MtG. And very affordable for what i can see for now.

Leechmonger

Arbiter
Man this thing is really good. The tutorial was kind of a chore (although it was nice getting that 1/1 that gets +1/+1 every time a unit dies all the way up to 18/18), but once I started playing Ranked I was hooked. Lost the first two qualifying matches and then won the next three IIRC (default black/shadow/whatever the fuck deck). One of those was a a free win: I played -4/-4 on an enemy creature, killing it. He resurrected it with +1/+1 but it still only had -1 health and died on the spot. I thanked him and he conceded :lol:

About theme decks: I'm pretty sure you get them when you get a dual-color quest, to help you complete it. I assume it gets removed when you beat the quest. It only uses tutorial cards anyway.

catfood

AGAIN
Man this thing is really good. The tutorial was kind of a chore (although it was nice getting that 1/1 that gets +1/+1 every time a unit dies all the way up to 18/18), but once I started playing Ranked I was hooked. Lost the first two qualifying matches and then won the next three IIRC (default black/shadow/whatever the fuck deck). One of those was a a free win: I played -4/-4 on an enemy creature, killing it. He resurrected it with +1/+1 but it still only had -1 health and died on the spot. I thanked him and he conceded :lol:

About theme decks: I'm pretty sure you get them when you get a dual-color quest, to help you complete it. I assume it gets removed when you beat the quest. It only uses tutorial cards anyway.
You get to permanently keep it and they don't just use the cards that you start out the first time since they also come with dual colored cards.

da_rays

Augur
got the same feeling here. I thought this was gonna end up like all the CCGs i played in the last few months , but this got real potential. Having lots of fun deckbuilding. I use a time/ justice deck and a flame/shadow one for now. I crafted a few common dual sigil, the one that deplete if you dont have a unit , kinda helped a bit toward the mana screw flood problem. Ho and im sure almost everyone noticed that , but you need to check the advance deckbuilding so you can tweak the number and which sigils you want in your deck. Seem like the minimum cards in a deck is 75. Im rolling 50 cards / 25 sigils. sound about right , with 6-8 duals sigils.
Anyone tried out some wacky out of the box deck? Seem like a few attachment could make some nice deck strategy

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Fanciest I did so far was a primal/time one based on drawing cards and putting them on top of your deck (to get the on-draw bonuses). It was pretty crap (but I enjoyed it) and I actually faced a good version of that from some guy who roflstomped me with it, so I guess my idea was hardly out of the box.

da_rays

Augur
Sound very nice. You must be limited by the cards pool too I imagined. Im currently trying to work a deck around Black Iron Manacles. Im really thinking about going Flame Shadow and Primal. gonna be a weird patience deck. not too much to go for when you wanna get cards discarded or drawn by the opponement. Again , gonna need lot more packs. Again . having fun deckbuiling and seeing some nasty deck in ranked. Hope this take off nicely and we see a few expansions

Leechmonger

Arbiter
Purple/blue infiltration combos are hilarious. For example:

Direwood%20Beastcaller.png
Haunting%20Scream.png

da_rays

Augur
Yeah haunting Scream is a nifty card. And made myself a purple blue deck based on infiltration too. That little trinket thats +1 +0 which also summon a 5/5 beast fits the bill nicely , would love to fit in a few beastcaller but sadly not enough shiftstone for now. And that stun coming from the flying pixie and the curse cards, now packing 2 x of that fire mage which destroy attachement. I was gonna bitch there is no sidedeck , but you can tweak and modify your deck between game in gauntlet. Dont know yet for draft. Anyone knows if friendly matches are 1 game or 2 out of 3 or something?

EDIT: Just made a deck out of thoses clockroachs. Pretty nifty mixed with primal, Echoing them with some elysians pathfinders and spitting them out each time stronger . Almost thinking about splashing it with justice so i can aegis them if needed. 3 colors might be a bit much tho . Been a while since i had thismuch fun going into deckbuilding in a free CCG.

Last edited:

Leechmonger

Arbiter
I definitely need to start running an anti-curse card. Permafrost is annoying as fuck, and I lost a game yesterday to Azindel's Gift:

Azindel's%20Gift.png

Note that it continues to do that for the rest of the game unless you destroy it. Completely shuts down my control deck.

BTW, what makes Haunting Scream so good is that if you use Dark Return on the unit after it dies it will keep flying and charge, but won't be sacrificed again.

I've noticed I'm getting a lot of mirror matches, will probably go aggro to spice it up.

da_rays

Augur
A bunch of curse are real nasty , and there is not much to work with to counter them. If youre going fire , the Furnace Mage is not a bad 4 drop to counter an attachement , time got decay for 3 and shadow have Sabotage which can also net you a good spell . Black Iron Manacles and Azindel's gift would be very lethal but hard to pull off.

and if haunting scream sacrificying effect doesnt proc after dark return , all the sweeter.

With 100 shiftstones with each open pack , and all the random common and unco you can drop , its getting easier to get an early set of rares/unco that you need to complete or reinforce some deck.

also, False Prince is really good vs AI . it often miss the opportunity to get easily rid of it. Vs players tho , very meh .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom