Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternal card game

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
they're still saying "mid july" but I mean it's anyone's guess by now

da_rays

Augur
Time to burst into the events then ^^ having a good win ratio with a Time/shadow Deck . Love the Idea that want us to play with specific dual faction . Its gonna be à fun Time opening thoses packs when the expansion come along . Also Grunker , thank for the link with the Eternal decklist/top tier deck and all that jazz ~ . Anyone knows if spécial like this are common or are gonna continue in the same line?

Envoyé de mon SM-G930W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

da_rays

Augur
Damn cell autocorrector . I meant if special events like thoses last 2 ( specific Deck/faction or w/ever) are common? Thoses are the first 2 events im seeing and was just curious if earlier event was like thoses one and if they are doing some stuff like so

da_rays

Augur
Ah i see. I juste hope it wont become low copy of "tavern brawl" of something like that . If they can be inventive and creative on each évent like now. Im sold . Touching wood....

da_rays

Augur
Seem we are now Mid July :dance:

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791456429819/announcements/detail/2868081595515737914

250 new cards. all accessible with the shop and/or already collected packs

this bring a lot of new options to the table
here's a few new keywords for cards

Mentor : When a card with mentor is played , you may exhaust one of your units as a student to add an extra effect

Revenge : The first time this is killed , Give it destiny and put it into the top ten cards of your deck

Warp: You can play this from the top of your deck

Spark: If the enemy player has taken damgae this turn , this does something extra when played

Lifeforce: does something when you gain health

And thats it for now , still opening packs ^^

Leechmonger

Arbiter
Revenge : The first time this is killed , Give it destiny and put it into the top ten cards of your deck

They're adding such absurd RNG, for no reason.

Also: since draft chests only give you Set 1 packs, and I already have most of Set 1 except for the legendaries, should I just spend my gold on Set 2 packs?

da_rays

Augur
I cant Say for draft but Forge and gauntlet also give pack from omen if the past . You can also get common and unco from both set with bronze and Silver chest . I did à few gauntlet to try out various new Deck and maybe i just got lucky but ive gotten quitte à few Nice unco. That Said. Having a lot of fun with Time/shadow Deck. Thoses lifegain cards and Lifeforce are a welcome addition

catfood

AGAIN
8lGnrUe.jpg

da_rays

Augur
New event coming up this week end

Desperate times send survivors in search of new allies. Bring your favorite deck and fight for your chance to win Draft tickets and Packs in the first Omens of the Past event: New Frontiers!

• The event costs 3,000 gold or 300 gems to enter, and each run will consist of nine games with a single deck.
  • Your first three runs will determine your position in the Event Leaderboard.
The New Frontiers event kicks-off tomorrow, and will run through the weekend.

What are you gonna be using for a deck since a bunch of new decks will surely be displaying at this week end event?

For me , a Primal / Fire deck with a yeti flavor.

For the prizes obtainable, there is the Leaderboard prizes and also the run prizes like in previous events.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
came back for the new set and wasnt disappointed.
i am a Draft addict and the 2 new Omen packs just shake things up a lot. not only cardwise, but your overall startegy to which faction(s) to focus on is really nice.

as i skipped some seasons, i had to start from bronze again....well, turns out it only took me 12hrs of straight drafting to get to diamond^^

didnt have much time to have a look at constructed/ranked yet, but will do once i get more cards.

also to my fellow :keepmyjewgold: ...gauntlet ranks (forge too) got a reset, so you can play for those loot chests again,

Cromwell

Arcane
Just found this thread and started playing, thanks for recommendation its good

da_rays

Augur
Here is 2 sites if you want some more info

https://rngeternal.com/ Pretty much info on current meta and top tier deck list . Also good article from time to time
https://eternalwarcry.com/ If you are into netdecking or want some ideas on how to build deck , thats the place.

And has SirSingALot said , Gauntlet ( free AI vs battle in which you can gain gold , packs and cards ) are reset every month. Which are a pretty good way to get loads of common and unco while trying out your decks.

Ziem

Arbiter
gauntlet/forge rank resets with every released set, not every month

Cromwell

Arcane
Any beginner tipps in general? I just beat the campaign and played a bit casual to get a feel for the game, but the standard decks seem to be sucking so I have to build my own now.

catfood

AGAIN
Any beginner tipps in general? I just beat the campaign and played a bit casual to get a feel for the game, but the standard decks seem to be sucking so I have to build my own now.
Play gauntlet against the AI for easy gold, runes and cards. Also forge and draft modes let you keep the cards that you pick so they're good for building up your card collection.

da_rays

Augur
What Catfood said ^^

Also a good cheap ass deck for gauntlet is a Rakano rush ( Fire and justice ) which can be useful to grind for a few rank up reward.

4 torch , 4 Oni Ronin , 4 Rakano Outlaw , 4 Cromwatch Deserter , 4 Sword of Icaria , 4 Inspire , 4 Finest hours , 1-3 Vanquish . Thoses are common and unco , for the rares Champion of Glory , Valkyries Enforcer , Hammer of might are nice choice . If you dont have enough rares or shiftstone , there is a few nice equipment for your units , Temper , Fireblast and Cloud of ash and similiar cards might also be a nice addition.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
after doing some Gauntlets (and maybe Forge later) i can only recommend doing the puzzle section, you will learn quite a lot there

dont ever buy packs in the store. if you are to invest money (i did, because i play and enjoy the game a lot) buy gems/founder packages to afford Drafts.
drafting will slowly get you a nice cardpool.
unless you REALLY need them, i wont even craft rares, you will get allof them on the long run anyways.
if you see a late crap rare in draft, you can pick it (over nothing important for your deck) and will get easy shiftstones along the way.

Infinitum

Scholar
Decide on a netdeck, force a few forges in its colors and craft the legendaries/rares aggressively. You'll need to hit the ladder sooner or later, and having a solid deck which you think is fun to play makes the grind less frustrating. Rakano Plate is considered a safe choice. After that you can probably hold off on crafting rares entirely, albeit filling out the collection is likely to be slower now that set 2 competes for pack rewards. Ignore Jeff's Bounty unless you're dying to try out Armory/FSx control shells.

Cromwell

Arcane
I fiddled around a bit and played my first forge which was fun. I guess I will decide on a deck and try to get the necessary cards through gauntlet and also try the draft when I have moire time. Thanks for the tipps.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Picked this back up again yesterday, I find the gameplay is too random compared to most CCGs. Mechanics like quickdraw and warcry and infiltrate make aggression far, far more effective than defensive play, so matches basically boil down to who manages to draw to their curve more effectively- and there aren't even many tools to help with that outside of yellow. You're not going to recover once your opponent has board position because there are hardly any combat tricks to play and they're more effective on offense anyways.

da_rays

Augur
New event will be taking place in around 13 hours , 2000 golds or 200 gems , Multifaction cards cost 1 less. Thats gonna generate a lots of unfair and abusable decks just for the occasion :cool:

Gonna try a few 3 factions decks and see if an all multi faction cards deck is interesting enough to throw 2000 golds at it

Ziem

Arbiter
this event.. cant wait to play more combrei cards against combrei cards since i don't have enough of that on ladder already

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom