Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
Good radio station to add to you live stream file in My Documents/Euro Truck. Makes for comfy times.

Code:
 stream_data[1]: "http://pub1.jazzradio.com/jr_timelessclassics|Jazzradio.com - Timeless Classics"

Cool name

Arcane
You know Japan has eaten your soul when you read the thread title as 'Ero Truck Simulator 2' and feel intrigued enough about it to open the thread and be disappointed.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You know Japan has eaten your soul when you read the thread title as 'Ero Truck Simulator 2' and feel intrigued enough about it to open the thread and be disappointed.

Knowing Japan, such a thing probably exists. And it's EXACTLY what you think it is.

BXHq3Iy.jpg

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
Switched out my Scania for a Volvo because I was tired of the occasional stall on inclines and what a difference it made. My upgraded beginner Volvo is better than most high level trucks from other manufacturers with 700bhp and a 6x2-4 chassis that removes the initial Volvo tendency to flip when accelerating around a corner or taking a turn at over 75kmph.

sdtfjnf.jpg

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Just made a few short runs. Lolled massively at them including hills in the Dutch countryside.

Was also very impressed in how they included a shitload of landmarks and details from the highways from Amsterdam to Rotterdam and Groningen. Felt like largely correct but shrunken versions. Very impressive and fun. Now, did anyone see a cow somewhere yet?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Yes, my brother gave it to me. Hm, didn't think about patches, retarded that I am. Will look out for any new ones.

Stokowski

Arcane
Bastards! Since they changed the roading a little with the new patch I'm no longer at 100% completion. Guess I have some work playing to do.

visions

Arcane
Are you guys playing it with proper steering wheels? Not planning to try it anytime soon myself since I have stuff on my plate, just curious.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Playing with a controller, works like a charm. Did some lazy in bed driving with a keyboard too, wasn't too bad.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The game constantly keeps surprising me with awesome looking areas. It's genuine fun to play. Together with the mods Satori mentioned I can also really recommend the TSM Map 3.5 version. Works with the earlier mods and adds shitloads of roads and towns.

There is however room for lots of improvements. Seasons, more varied weather, inner cities, better local terrain (Britain does not look like central europe, Netherlands is flat*) and stuff like winding mountain roads and genuine heavy traffic in rush hour. Not to mention the distressing lack of any livestock in any field in Europe. Cows can't be that hard to make. Oh, and way better damage modelling and visible damage on your truck. Perhaps for a ETS3. As it is I've got a damn fun game to chill out in as I play some fun tunes on the radio while carrying 25 tons of diesel through the midst of night on some godforsaken provincial road.

*Although sometimes it produces a stretch of road that's almost a condensed version of the real thing. Area outside of Amsterdam is uncanny. Google maps prolly. Plus those British speed cams everywhere. :mad:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Realistic AI Traffic mod is another good one. Heavy is the most true to life version.

http://ets2.lt/en/141-realistic-ai-traffic-mod/

Like it. Seems that only his first version had a light/medium/heavy difference though. The version in the link does add loads of different cars and truck versions and makes traffic quite a bit more lifely. Still not sure wether or not I'm going to keep on using it. This mod doesn't want to play nice with the Project Realism Extra AI Vehicles one and I think that one has all the groovy DHL, Fedex and TNT minivans that I think are missing now. And I like those.

Also looking at the Just Play Mod for TSM 3.5. Lots of extra real companies and trailers. Looks groovy but won't play nice with my Trailer mod and will require me to restart with a new game. Will try it later.

Like most sims with a lively community there really are about a gazillion mods out for this thing. Amazing. From radio stations to traffic lights to entire map overhauls. Wow.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
fuck UK, i'm constantly crashing there because of hipster road traffic :x gonna go back to europe with my next delivery and never come back

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom