Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
New France DLC announced.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Wow. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is very far from being dead. Not only do we have a rather sizeable update coming, so is the France DLC. Which looks pretty neat. Check it out.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/02/vive-la-france.html

What really is the icing on the cake so far however is the promods map mod. I thought they did a splendid job before. Well, that was before promods 2.1. They really remade the map from the ground up. It’s stellar. For one they got both the feel and the atmosphere of driving in Europe perfectly right. Check out the groovy trailer.

Toss in their trailer mod and add some extra vehicles in traffic from Jazzy’s splendid series of vehicle mods and you’re set*.

http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=136930

http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=138217

http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=160584

http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=114827

http://blog.promods.net/

*One little bitch thing is that the new update will most likely break at least the map mod. Meaning you either want to wait or simply stop steam updating ETS2 itself.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Unless their plans have changed (and with the announcement of this huge France DLC I doubt it), SCS Software are planning to support ET2 for ‘at least 4 or 5 more years’ according to an interview with Gamepressure last October. They’re in this for the long haul.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Delterius said:
Released: Hueland truck simulator.

18.jpeg
estradas-brasileiras.jpg

1253744405559_129.jpg
Spintires is close, fording, extreme uneven terrain, winching yourself out of mud and so on whilst delivering goods in old Soviet vehicles.

Yeah bringing Spintires and Truck simulator together would be heaven.
That's because I find it boring to drive on motorways, but delivering cargo on dirt roads in Siberia, Brazil, Africa etc would be sweet.
But anyway I digress. The Truck Simulators are really well made games, Spintires unfortunately not.

Burning Bridges

Btw, has somebody else played The Great American Cross Country Race, an old C64 game where you raced right across the USA?

I was fascinated by it as a kid and always thought somebody should take up this idea again. With their hugely detailed map Truck Sim is quite close actually.

Stokowski

Arcane
I caved and gave ATS a try. What a fucking disgrace. Tiny maps that are only barely suggestive of the areas they are supposed to encompass. Same fucking physics engine as ETS2. Same fucking useless traffic AI. Same half-assed company management 'sidequest'. Same damage modelling (ie, NONE). And yes, still only two trucks in the entire game this long after initial release.

I can only imagine the devs spent the last two years since the release of ETS2 doing drugs and fucking prostitutes, because they certainly haven't been working. What an overpriced piece of shit. Maybe two or three years of FREE dlc might make this worth a look, but otherwise fuck it. This team has pissed away all that goodwill they generated with ETS2.

:negative:

Perkel

Arcane
are there any mods adding normal cars ?

I mean i would kill for f355 and whole europe to drive on..

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

They simply keep on updating and expanding on this game. Amazing. Update is out now, dlc will be out next week. Looking forward to giving this one a spin. Meanwhile, American Truck Simulator has moved to the same scale as ETS2. Meaning that the long rides have gotten a whole lot longer. Bizarrely relaxing games that the devs keep improving. Incline.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

They simply keep on updating and expanding on this game. Amazing. Update is out now, dlc will be out next week. Looking forward to giving this one a spin. Meanwhile, American Truck Simulator has moved to the same scale as ETS2. Meaning that the long rides have gotten a whole lot longer. Bizarrely relaxing games that the devs keep improving. Incline.

Are there randomized events during the trips? Like you have to wait on the road because there had been a big accident. Or cows are crossing the road?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Since I don't have a car in Europe, firing up ETS2 and truckin from Szczecin to wherever, while having the radio on to real stations is amazingly immersive. Particularly at night, harsh light reflecting a lonely stretch of highway and some 'night' rock...takes me back to long trips in Australia in the sticks.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
They should add some excitement things, like drunker car driver wants to crash into you, or tree is falling onto road , deer is jumping out of the woods on the road etc, because just driving from one place to other gets booooooooooring

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

Are there randomized events during the trips? Like you have to wait on the road because there had been a big accident. Or cows are crossing the road?

Nope. There are road works and sometimes you get tumbleweed. The AI also sometimes causes a traffic jam to happen.

Severian Silk

I agree with Makabb. There should be more "events". Also, I wish there was more of a strategic or "story" aspect to the game. What they have now is so shallow.

In the MP mod you can be a part of a trucking company and drive with other players. But I still want real "quests" or strategy.

Also, do I need the expansions/DLCs in order to play PROMODS 2.0?

This game requires a specific mood to enjoy it, which I had for about two days a few years ago. How people play it on daily basis is beyond me, might as well get a job as a truck driver after clocking 300+ hours in.

Severian Silk

Where can I purchase Coach Bus Simulator? All I get are Android links. Is this an Android app?

Burning Bridges

The bus simulator kind of puzzles me too. It's only realistic with the driver barking at people entering, north african looking kids, perverts and clueless hipsters and the occasional tourist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom