Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa Universalis IV

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by dbx, Apr 25, 2013.

1. dbx Arcane

dbx
    Parrots:
    Don't know if it has been posted before...

http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/6eda62d2485

If you spam enough peoples you can get early access to the beta...

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Sranchammer Arcane

Sranchammer
    Parrots:
    But will I be able play as Native Americans or Byzantium???????????

^ Top  
  3. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    Parrots:
    Only if you will buy the Day 1 'Sword of DLC' DLC*

*Byzantium is available as a separate DLC to 'Sword of DLC'

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  4. ohWOW Sucking on dicks and being proud of it Dumbfuck Queued

ohWOW
    Parrots:
    Base game 59.99€

Buy the POLITICAL VIEWS DLC to unlock political view in-game and see beautiful political map! 9.99€
    NATIONAL FLAGS DLC. See all nations' flags in-game, don't limit yourselves with top 10 countries! Immerse yourselves into the world of satisfying diplomacy. 14.99€.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  5. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Parrots:
    Ooooh I can hear the hate train coming, it's rolling round the bend...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. RedScum Arbiter Patron

RedScum
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    The Shit-squad have arrived i see.

^ Top  
  7. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Parrots:
    Lol, who the fuck even has three friends who play EU? Yeah fucking right. Either way, best to wait a year after for ol' Pdox(lone exception being CK2), then you can get the game + all DLC/Expansions on Steam for like $5 and it will actually be playable.

^ Top  
  8. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    Parrots:
    I'll be comfortable having access to the beta that is available on release day, thank you very much.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Corporate_Jew_Master Arcane

Corporate_Jew_Master
    Parrots:
    East vs West will be the last good title Paradox publishes.

Dark times.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. hakuroshi Augur

hakuroshi
    Parrots:
    Well, everything dies.

^ Top  
  11. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    Parrots:
    Haters gonna hate. Obviously they should, during their normal 12 month development time, implement all the possible features and eye candy for free in the base game how dare they otherwise. And it should be bug free and balanced and with good AI. Thats all with 4 people team working on it.

That having said Im pissed they removed sliders. I liked sliders, sliding here and there. Made events more serious too.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  12. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    Parrots:
    No they should develop a game for 12 months like Electronic Arts and Activision except with 2/3 of features missing or bugged to hell and then sell it for the full game's price at release date. And then spend next 2 years milking it with DLCs while releasing more slamdunk DLC platforms every year.

Instead of you know - adding another 12 months to make it a finished game. A wild idea I know!
    Can't milk a game that doesn't even have textures cut out with DLCs though.

With the way Paradox goes in 2 or 3 years their base games will be no different from all those browser free2play offerings

They had 4 people 10 years ago and somehow their games were finished and not DLC ridden shit. Nowadays they have 20+ people working on a game. And guess what?!

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  13. RedScum Arbiter Patron

RedScum
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    Im starting to wonder if ohWOW is just one of skyways alts.

^ Top  
  14. Cassidy Arcane

Cassidy
    Parrots:
    Although, DLC milking aside, it didn't hit the quality of their games very hard yet, as a publisher, Paradox already crossed the threshold of decline.

I suppose it is more convenient to pretend they didn't.

In any case I'm the "5%" who never used Steam, thus they recently decided to forsake me as a potential customer of their future games. Wonder what this kind of "only 5%" argument will end being used to justify, and if some companies were stupid enough to try shoving RTSes in a console... who knows if Paradox may yet go full derp?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. sparrowtm Augur

sparrowtm
    Parrots:
    Even though Crusader Kings 2 was surprisingly bug-free, I still won't give Paradox my monies right at launch. Too many scars. Far too many scars. But if the forums aren't full of people wanting to burn the devs at the stake a week afterwards, EU4 will be ripe for the taking. Finally, I'm going to have a chance again to infect the american natives with european diseases until they all succumb to sickness. This time on a prettier map. Fuck, I loathe indians and their pretentious ways.

^ Top  
  16. ohWOW Sucking on dicks and being proud of it Dumbfuck Queued

ohWOW
    Parrots:
    It's funny, considering I'm your alt.

^ Top  
  17. Sranchammer Arcane

Sranchammer
    Parrots:
    AGCEEP for EU2 spoiled me.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    Parrots:
    Nowadays they still have 4 people teams, only there are two of them. CK2 was developed by 4 people team with Johan. IIRC the other team is making dlcs.

Also you know they had to fire King just before CK2 came out because they were barely scraping by? Its one thing to expect a perfect product from EA with their massive budgets but Paradox is a small company with limited capacity. One year development cycle used to be all they could afford so their games came in parts.

Now they should move to 1.5 year development and it should work better but still their games wont have all the possible features at release, thats simply not going to happen. I am not happy with that but Im a realist.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. ohWOW Sucking on dicks and being proud of it Dumbfuck Queued

ohWOW
    Parrots:
    Can barely hear your through that cock slaming in your throat.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Parrots:
    Maybe adding 12 months and selling the complete game at the real full price will scare people away. Its getting really close of the browser free to play model indeed , for some unknow reason, probably they are not not good at maths or zero money maangement skills, people prefer to pay for a shitload of microtransactions and finally spend more than what a complete game would cost.
    At least those games are still complex and enjoyable , ill get EU4 even if am sure half the sprites and muscis will be missing again.

^ Top  
  21. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    Parrots:
    Actually they have great management skills. They realize people will lap up all the DLCs they release and will ask for more. Yes one can wait 6 months for a discount that may never happen (saw any HoI3 discounts lately?) but by that time another pack of DLCs rolls out.

On Codex you can see apologists going a la "but they sell those DLCs so we can get free patches!" Even though patches became free only since CK2. At a price of content simply missing. But cutting out portraits/flags and music to sell as DLC is a bullshit not even EA is assholish enough to do.

Bottomline - Paradox goes to shit and people like it.

They have a dedicated DLC milking team? That's great!

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  22. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Parrots:
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Edgy as fuck. So much that my eyes bleed after reading this turd of a post.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Parrots:
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    It's like Bohemia Interactive cutting textures in patches from the vanilla game (leaving only the lowest resolution ones) and selling them in add-ons. Still, BIS is the best company ever and ArmA is perfect (until the new one comes out).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. gaudaost Arcane

gaudaost
    Parrots:
    Like ARMA getting milked by selling it in an unfinished alpha state 'mirite? If you're going to "milk" something, then flags and music and whatever textures is exactly the ethical thing to cut out, because they are basically non-essential for the game, the game is complete without them. Now if they start to cut out game mechanics to sell them as DLCs then I'll get pissed.

^ Top  
  25. Sranchammer Arcane

Sranchammer
    Parrots:
    ^ That's exactly what they do

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)