Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

Serus

Arcane
Patron
And here is what i found when saw Europa :)

12.png
SERBIA STRONK! REMOVE KEBAB FROM THE PREMISES!
That reminds me, a stickied note on the Paradox forums:
This is a reminder that using "Kebab" and "Remove kebab" when referring to the Ottomans and/or Muslims in general is STRICTLY forbidden.

There has been a recent up-tick in usage of these terms so I am making sure that everyone is very, very aware of Paradox's stance.

Using these terms is considered racism, and so is against the Terms of Service and can result in infractions.
:lol:
Ah yeah, the "Muslim is a race" routine again. The eternal Swede...

But damn, it looks like Serbia must have inherited Muscovy and Poland (or Commonwealth) and possibly then proceed to beat the Ottomans. Impressive.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lol the new trade company system is broken as fuck. All the african nations are selling every coastal province they have to westerners for TC. It is broken as fuck,madagascar ended up selling like 80% of its nation. And there is no fucking way they could say no. Madagascar ended as a colourful shit stain with 20 nations owning a province. It is real mess. Worst patch ever .

Lol the new trade company system is broken as fuck. All the african nations are selling every coastal province they have to westerners for TC. It is broken as fuck,madagascar ended up selling like 80% of its nation. And there is no fucking way they could say no. Madagascar ended as a colourful shit stain with 20 nations owning a province. It is real mess. Worst patch ever .

The Pope turned Madagascar into his personal winter holiday retreat in my game. Well, a middle eastern tribe and Holland also got a province, just because.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If anyone cares how my game ended...

1.png

2.png

3.png

Delterius that is exactly the same place that my glorious vassal from the pics was born :). They even have french culture. It is from a retarded trade company.

Average Manatee Yeah,it is filled with all kind of strange countries like Serbia Ulm and Burgundy.

Also Austria was anglican in my game....:|

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Actually, in my game Ethiopia and Maravi kept offering to buy my provinces for.... 0 ducats.

They also managed to buy tons of provinces in India.

So, lel.
Yeah that shit was happening in my game,the coast were more colourful than pride event. This in next level of broken shit. How the fuck they have the audacity to say that they test this shit is beyond me. Even florryworry was dumbfound by stupidity of this patch,it is really amusing to watch despair slowly crawling in him every hour ;). This patch is totally broken.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
They DO test their games - In MP. Of course they wouldn't notice how broken things are when they are all meta-gaming the big countries.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They DO test their games - In MP. Of course they wouldn't notice how broken things are when they are all meta-gaming the big countries.
That is true. Also most bugs are obvious in single playtrough to the end. But the retards just play for 100-200 years and say that the rest is boring.It is preaty hard to see the bugs when people eat all the AI in the first 150 years. Those cucks really piss me off,hope that a bunch of sandniggers enrich them well in the ass.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Congrats on getting to 1820, I have never had a single game go to the end date in any Paradox title...

Do you just do a lot of speed five, ignore everything to get that far??
I play on speed 5 at all time,also have disabled 99% of alarms and annoying popups. As you can see in the screenshot there isn't any alerts up there. I only have left the ones i need. Also i always finish my games. Sadly after certain point the game begins lagging because of stupid AI and some bug,it was a problem since release but paradox are too incompetent to even noticed it,let alone finish it.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I don't find it that unusual to hit 1820 in EU4, in fact EU4 it often feels like you're in a big rush to get everything you set as campaign goals done provided you think big. Those 400 years go in a flash.

By contrast in CK2 I'm not sure if I've ever seen the end date screen, since usually I get bored with present campaign after a couple a hundred years (not that in Gnacht you could ever even hope see that, you'd need to play 6999 years to hit that).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't find it that unusual to hit 1820 in EU4, in fact EU4 it often feels like you're in a big rush to get everything you set as campaign goals done provided you think big. Those 400 years go in a flash.

By contrast in CK2 I'm not sure if I've ever seen the end date screen, since usually I get bored with present campaign after a couple a hundred years (not that in Gnacht you could ever even hope see that, you'd need to play 6999 years to hit that).
That is why i play CK like EU4,just give your ruler some good traits and the immortal one,after that you just conquer the world not caring about rebels and shit.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Eh, I like EU4 being EU4 and CK2 being CK2.

Though CK2 with an immortal ruler can be a great deal of fun. In Gnacht. Actually it's completely preferable in Gnacht, many of the fantasy features require a lot of time and effort so not dropping dead from age or disease is a big plus.

Wow, get this: You can't convert in territories, as everyone knows. However you can convert provinces that vassals hold for some reason... IF YOU BUY DLC!

:keepmyjewgold:

Delterius

Arcane
I do like how this change makes Humanist a great choice should you conquer too much crap.

On one hand, Orthodox and Islam are much more fun to play with since I last binged the game.

On the other, Zoroastrian can't keep Feudal Theocracy and my Persia run just became that much sadder.

:(

Beastro

Arcane
That is true. Also most bugs are obvious in single playtrough to the end. But the retards just play for 100-200 years and say that the rest is boring.It is preaty hard to see the bugs when people eat all the AI in the first 150 years. Those cucks really piss me off,hope that a bunch of sandniggers enrich them well in the ass.

So it's not just all the LPers who love painting the map but the developers as well?

Painting the map is fun as a newbie, but then I'd assume you'd seek something more and want to build a historical course of your own with the rise and fall of empires and people's given how easy it is to dominate their games.

At the very least stop with your mega-empire and pick an underdog to do what you can to destroy what you created as a challenge (In Vic2 and EU I can go through as many as 3 nations before the game runs out of time doing this).

Congrats on getting to 1820, I have never had a single game go to the end date in any Paradox title...

I play on speed 5 at all time,also have disabled 99% of alarms and annoying popups. As you can see in the screenshot there isn't any alerts up there. I only have left the ones i need. Also i always finish my games. Sadly after certain point the game begins lagging because of stupid AI and some bug,it was a problem since release but paradox are too incompetent to even noticed it,let alone finish it.

I always love a long peace in late Vic2 where it begins to lag horribly from all the units everyone has, then a world war happens and it slowly speeds up again once millions have been wiped out.

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Devs
Religious conversion in territories has been a hot topic since its changes were announced for and subsequently released in 1.26. The response on it on all platforms (and I've read almost all of them) has lead to some interesting conversations about that whats and whys of religious conversion and some cool ideas on what do do about it. I'm not quite naive enough to overlook how they were overall negatively received, and we want to address these grievances. In the short term, we're going to look at bringing Religious and Humanist more in line with each other as viable choices for your nation for 1.27. We have longer term ideas for conversions, but we'll talk more about that down the line after 1.27.

So yes, Hotfix this week, 1.27 coming soon. Religious conversions responses not falling on deaf ears. Now how about the target for 1.27? Well, over the past year we've put a lot of work into the "Rest of the World" With focus on Japan, The Far East, The Near East and now India.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

So it's not just all the LPers who love painting the map but the developers as well?

Painting the map is fun as a newbie, but then I'd assume you'd seek something more and want to build a historical course of your own with the raise and fall of empires and people's given how easy it is to dominate their games.

At the very least stop with your mega-empire and pick an underdog to do what you can to destroy what you created as a challenge (IN Vic2 and EU I can go through as many as 3 nations before the game runs out of time doing this).

I always love a long peace in late Vic2 where it begins to lag horrible from all the units everyone has, then a world war happens and it slowly speeds up again once millions have been wiped out.
In EU there is nothing else to do than paint the map. Also i have played more than enough OPMs,rarely i do play as a big nation. The game just doesn't have anything else to do,it is just a conquest simulator. As a whole i do dislike the "Aggressive expansion" mechanics in Paradox games. They are very unrealistic and put only to hold back the player. I too like Vicy 2,you do get to do a lot of shit while in peace,it is not just pushing a development button every few minutes.

Beastro

Arcane
In EU there is nothing else to do than paint the map. Also i have played more than enough OPMs,rarely i do play as a big nation. The game just doesn't have anything else to do,it is just a conquest simulator. As a whole i do dislike the "Aggressive expansion" mechanics in Paradox games. They are very unrealistic and put only to hold back the player. I too like Vicy 2,you do get to do a lot of shit while in peace,it is not just pushing a development button every few minutes.

You can still swap nations and work against the one you built up.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Does anyone else really dislike the new government system? It feels really soulless and forgettable. I endup going the same rout with every nation and is just the addition of a nu small bonus to my country. There is no big difference between a peasant lord and a Tzar or emperor,it is really meh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom