Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Excessive head bob hints at how weak gamers are in real life

Higher Game

Arcane

Vanilla STALKER is probably the worst, but it wasn't as bad as I remember because I had a larger monitor with lower resolution then, a CRT, but now it's unplayable without mods. Then again, I think it might just be a result of my lifting, because pencil necked geeks with horrifically bad posture apparently don't even notice it. They literally think it's realistic for the camera to shake around in every FPS, just as realistic as being absolutely out of breath after running 15 seconds. Sure. I bet I could grab them by the collar and get anything I want from them.

Or maybe it's a traditional Slavic game and being in a drunken stupor all the time is normal. I could understand that, too.

Higher Game

Arcane
The+virgin+walk_0046bc_6216958.jpg

How the average FPS protagonist walks. Makes you think.

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

Actual bro walk. Rapid, efficiently spaced steps from relatively small legs to carry a massively developed and straight upper body, like a lightbulb, that doesn't wobble around involuntarily in the wind or in the face of the opposite sex.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Only game that really fucked me up was Thief 3. I played through it just to see Garret off, but once was enough. And I modded/reduced the bob as well.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
head bob in Arma 2 annoyed me a lot too. It was even worse than in Stalker as far as I remember.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Here in the USA we have bullet-proof backpacks for the kids to use at school. Perhaps the limeys in the UK should invest in some knife-proof hoodies.

Or get good at Judo or Karate and learn how to disarm radical whatever-ists. *I'd recommend skipping the martial arts option and just buy a gun, but empowering yourself is apparently illegal now in England.*

J1M

Arcane
Somehow I just knew this was going to be about STALKER. I started playing Anomaly the other day and it almost made me motion sick.
The worst game for this is Thief 4.

soulburner

Cipher
First person games *without* head bob are cancer. I hated it in Red Faction, Half-Life 2 or nu-Doom, for example (oh, and Morrowind, Oblivion, F3 and FNV). Probably Unreal had the best bobbing out there, next to original Doom and Blood 1. Even delicate bobbing, like used in Quake 2 and 3 (aaaand Skyrim and Fallout 4) is something I need, otherwise, without head bobbing at all, it feels like my player character is rolling on, well, rollers, which immediately breaks muh immersion.

Anyway, I did not remember this being so excessive in Stalker, something ain't right here.

edit - added other game examples the Codex should approve of

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom