Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Exclusive Reveal: Realms Beyond, an upcoming fantasy RPG from the developers of Chaos Chronicles

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I will always be a part of the Codex. I'm not going to go all sea or Brother None on you. Codex is my family :love:

It's not if, it's when.
But my problem is, when it happens, with what are we gonna dox you? We already know you're a pervert nazi. :negative:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
He can even say he was with a persian muslim girl for a time for Diversity points

WE HAVE NO LEVERAGE OVER HIM!!!
We have a photo of him posing with Brian Fargo I think. It'll do in a pinch.
JarlFrank does this game have barbarians or not, you damn kraut.
Yep, Barbarians should be there:
Classes
Realms Beyond allows the player to also assign any one of nine classes to a character, including Fighter, Cleric, Wizard, Rogue, Barbarian, Paladin, Ranger, and Druid. Each of these classes supports a wide variety of their respective feats, actions, and spells to make sure they differentiate well and play very differently in the game.
I wonder if they plan to add more classes like monks or assassins. What could be the 9th classe that is not listed here?

ArchAngel

Arcane
He can even say he was with a persian muslim girl for a time for Diversity points

Classes
Realms Beyond allows the player to also assign any one of nine classes to a character, including Fighter, Cleric, Wizard, Rogue, Barbarian, Paladin, Ranger, and Druid. Each of these classes supports a wide variety of their respective feats, actions, and spells to make sure they differentiate well and play very differently in the game.
I wonder if they plan to add more classes like monks or assassins. What could be the 9th classe that is not listed here?
Bard is missing from that list.

Delterius

Arcane

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will always be a part of the Codex. I'm not going to go all sea or Brother None on you. Codex is my family :love:
Already acting like a community manager, I see.
Technically by being a Codex community admin, he's already a community manager to begin with.
The memo clearly stated the Codex is a hivemind, not a community.
It's a hivemind of communities. Or a community of hiveminds. Possibly the latter with all the alts and all.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron

Classes
Bard is missing from that list.
That's right,
hobgob42 on his forum:
Under consideration are currently the Bard, the Monk and various other candidates such as the Psion. But each of those additional classes comes with some drawback, e.g. the Monk would require a lot of high quality martial combat animations , the Bard has some redundancies, etc.

For now, firstly and foremostly, we need to complete and polish the eight base classes and the related prestige classes. Especially the Rogue has some massive features, such as stealth and lockpicking, that require a lot of attention and development efforts.

So, right now, we can't promise any additional class on top of those eight for the first release of the game. But since we plan to evolve this game over the next 10 or so years, I am sure at some point, we will see new character classes - implemented by us or by other users (our RPG framework will allow that).
:bounce:

Murk

Arcane
Hobgoblin's account is gone? Oh my.

You kraut loving fucks better deliver the dream you promised.

Also, inb4 barefoot blonde elf NPCs everywhere

DeepOcean

Arcane
When I'm certain it won't be mingled and warped into a dis formed mutant baby like Chaos Chronicles was, I just can't take another hype train crashing so hard.

Modron

Arcane
Hobgoblin's account is gone? Oh my.

You kraut loving fucks better deliver the dream you promised.

Also, inb4 barefoot blonde elf NPCs everywhere
HobGoblin42's account is still there the autofill on members search doesn't work for it for some reason but if you search you'll see that he hasn't posted since may however now we know he was probably busy working on this.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When he said they plan to evolve this game over the next ten years, did he mean they’re going to tinker with it post release? Or that it will take as long as the last great game to emerge from the bowels of the codex?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When he said they plan to evolve this game over the next ten years, did he mean they’re going to tinker with it post release? Or that it will take as long as the last great game to emerge from the bowels of the codex?

It means mod support with a powerful editor, as well as the potential for expansion packs and sequels.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Free movement and no cool hex generation this time? Still looking forward to it.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
It means mod support with a powerful editor, as well as the potential for expansion packs and sequels.
then better make sure that the community can add custom models, animations, areas, vfx, etc. preferebly without the need of content creation apps worth thousands of dollars.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom