Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Conquistador Discussion Thread

NecrosD

Novice
game sounds great will def back this ASAP.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Don't know.

Doesn't look too good either, counter has been moving very slowly lately it seems. Shame if this doesn't get funded

Overboard

Arcane
Perhaps it's time for the devs to take more drastic measures, such as sacrificing virgins (not themselves though).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
That it was.

I like that the ai seemed to do hit and run attacks with its ranged dudes.

Bulba

Learned
Montezuma is a dick. If I ever start near him, he's the first to get taken out.

Why do you hate him so much? He didn't introduce sacrifice, he was told from birth that it must be done to please gods... he didn't know any better. I bet if you were brought up the same way you would do some sacrifices yourself.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I like that you can place barricades on the battlefield. That battle was too easy though.

He did say it was from early in the game. The next video should take place later in the campaign.

Montezuma is a dick. If I ever start near him, he's the first to get taken out.

Why do you hate him so much? He didn't introduce sacrifice, he was told from birth that it must be done to please gods... he didn't know any better. I bet if you were brought up the same way you would do some sacrifices yourself.

Sorry. I was brought up to look down on foreign empires, to assassinate their leaders, topple their governments, destroy their infrastructure and recreate their society in my image.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Can barricades be destroyed and traps disabled? Will the enemy be able to employ their own traps and barricades?

MCA
I like that you can place barricades on the battlefield. But I don't like that it can be done with so trivial ease.

The game looks terrific. Animations, sound, little particle effects, interface, things just look right and come together. But I am not certain I like the simplicity of the combat. And insta-healing with the medic.

And fuck Kickstarter exclusive content. This is the kind of thing giving me the impression that the developers are sort of out of touch with what goes in the industry and given the resources, they'd simply follow any big studio by submitting to the money-milking formula of DLCs and whatnot. Not cool, man.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Make it so barricades require multiple turns to construct in the battlefield. The better the barricade the more turns it needs.

Niektory

one of some
Patron
I like that you can place barricades on the battlefield. That battle was too easy though.

He did say it was from early in the game. The next video should take place later in the campaign.
I understand a difficulty curve, but that was tutorial difficulty. I don't want tutorial difficulty outside of the tutorial.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Make it so barricades require multiple turns to construct in the battlefield. The better the barricade the more turns it needs.

Then again, there are the spike traps. You build them right in front of the enemy and the enemy walks into them.
The traps should be set by one of your party members while the enemy has their attention on you mostly through diplomatic talk. Skills could then come into play as whether or not that party member is caught.

almondblight

Arcane
Or do it Combat Mission style, where you place the objects before the fight begins (each side would have their own area where they could set it up).

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

I understand a difficulty curve, but that was tutorial difficulty. I don't want tutorial difficulty outside of the tutorial.

I would bet they haven't finished the AI yet, I don't think the Shaman did anything all battle.

Then again, there are the spike traps. You build them right in front of the enemy and the enemy walks into them.
He said there was a radius around his own units that he could place them, in this example that radius happened to be the entire battlefield.

Or do it Combat Mission style, where you place the objects before the fight begins (each side would have their own area where they could set it up).
It seemed like that's how this game works, unless you mean prior to units being on the map.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist

He said there was a radius around his own units that he could place them, in this example that radius happened to be the entire battlefield.
[/quote]
But he pointed out that it was stupid that you build traps right in front of them yet they still fell for the traps. They preferably shouldn't have done that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom