Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Conquistador Discussion Thread

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Do they have a beta test? anyõne here tried it? how is it? I´m excited to play this goddamnit. Hope Portugal is involved in some way and not only Spain.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Do they have a beta test? anyõne here tried it? how is it? I´m excited to play this goddamnit. Hope Portugal is involved in some way and not only Spain.
They had an alpha for backers. It played like an alpha. Most features weren't implemented yet.

It looked nice though.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
They had an alpha for backers. It played like an alpha. Most features weren't implemented yet.

It looked nice though.
They put out a backer alpha 2.0 which had implemented character progression through skill trees as well as a camp management system that lets you send your guys out to hunt, guard and craft stuff.

Afaik, you never visit the old world in the actual game.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Yeah, it's set on Hispaniola and in Mexico in 1518, so no Portuguese unfortunately.
And our character progression is not really skill trees. It's more of a promotion system where you choose a passive ability and get a few skill points to assign to non-combat skills, which tie in with the camp management.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Yeah, it's set on Hispaniola and in Mexico in 1518, so no Portuguese unfortunately.
And our character progression is not really skill trees. It's more of a promotion system where you choose a passive ability and get a few skill points to assign to non-combat skills, which tie in with the camp management.

Sounds good, will you guys release a demo?

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer

Most likely not, sorry.

MCA
Backer here.

One thing that keeps worrying me is the trees in alpha. The colour is somewhat off and they obstruct the view. You should have road outlines that are rendered through/over trees because you lose track of the road for no apparent reason and then have to wrestle with camera.

It would also be nice if the cursor path could somehow "snap" into the road (as it is faster to travel on roads, right?) so you don't have to move in 2-3 grid distances to stay on the road. Maybe add a modifier key for the snapping, eg. when you are on the road, hold down CTRL or SHIFT so wherever the cursor is, the pathfinding sticks only to the roads.

Other than that, I love the game as it already is. But there are bugs which I haven't bothered to report. Perhaps I should but I figured others would have done so already.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Most likely not, sorry.

Scared about your sales getting cut in half, huh? :x

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Scared about your sales getting cut in half, huh? :x

It was more of a, "don't know if we'll have time to do it". We've since talked it over, and we'll see what we can do, but I can't make any promises. Fingers crossed though, as we realize it could help win over some people.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Ahh, I see :P

But just to be clear, I think if you don't make shitty games, demos are definitely worthwhile ;)

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm glad i backed this one. Too bad, that you couldn't get the stretch goals during the kickstarter, but let's hope the game sells enough to warrant a proper oldschool behemoth of an expansion with that third campaign you guys talked about and more.

ironyuri

I did not back the kickstarter, but rest assured you've earned yourself a customer here.

Good luck with the lead-up to release.

Ps. Going to name my character Don Lope de Aguirre. OH SHI-

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom