Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Conquistador release date is February 28th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Expeditions: Conquistador; Logic Artists

Avonaeon from Logic Artists, developers of Codex Kickstarter favorite Expeditions: Conquistador, writes to inform us that their game is set to be released on February 28th, on GOG, GamersGate, Desura and Green Man Gaming. There a bunch of awesome new screenshots of the game available here. Softpedia also did a quick preview, which includes 20 minutes of gameplay footage.

Their conclusion?

The only big problem with the game so far is that it’s a little too difficult for me, especially when it comes to the tactical battles, where I cannot manage to win without losing precious men.

Awww hell yeah. Don't forget to vote for Expeditions: Conquistador on Steam Greenlight.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Great ! First of the kickstarter to be put to the test. Glad I backed this one...

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
February 28th
Already? Wow! Cool... I guess.

Can the Codex watch the video and sum it up wrapping up all the useful information and adding some picturesque insanities? Thanks in advance, Codex.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Running around the map clicking on resources, then getting into fights that are more about bigger numbers than actual tactics. I've already played that before.

Cassidy

Arcane
Finally some good news after years of almost absolute decline.

:incline:

Won't morgoth it though. I want to check on how stable the release version is first, and proper reviews.

Modron

Arcane
Cautiously optimistic about this release; although, I suppose the quality of the game will hinge on the writing and world building as the base game looks kinda stale. I can imagine this garnering a similar reception to Omerta.

TripJack

Hedonist
never did get around to backing this one, but i'm definitely looking forward to it

Tigranes

Arcane
The first of the KS games, then? (At least, ones I care about) I'm pretty sure I'll get this on launch if it's not too expensive, since I missed the fund deadline before.

The screenshots look like they've made some positive improvements to UI and polish since the preview copy.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
FTL was the first, so I guess this is the 2nd of the interesting projects. Unless someone knows of another one that was funded for a decent amount (50k+?) that's been released.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Running around the map clicking on resources, then getting into fights that are more about bigger numbers than actual tactics. I've already played that before.
The combat is definitely more about actual tactics than bigger numbers. Each unit you bring to a fight is a person with a background, personality traits, etc. Treating them as meaty punching bags is a sure-fire way to lose a battle. And the exploration is more about managing your resources rather than just collecting them. You'll need to keep yourself stocked on food and medicine to keep everyone alive and healthy,, and content, as morale plays a big role in how the game plays out.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
I'm not sure what you mean by when battles are joined? And the raising barricades skill, do you mean placing barricades in the preparation phase?
Ranged weapons are more accurate the closer the target is, and it tapers toward the useless around 18-20 hexes away, but you can still take potshots. There's no minimum range, but firing point blank will trigger an attack of opportunity, so it's best to keep your distance with your ranged fellows.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
If the player gets a preparation phase if means he can spend it however he wants. Switch his units around, or place items if he has them. The preparation phases are usually explained in the narrative as well, that you have the upper hand, or have time to prepare, while the enemy does not. The enemy doesn't have preparation phases like the player does, as in, you see the enemy placing items and moving units. The enemy's preparedness is also, in general, explained in the narrative, and battles where you are attacking, you'll sometimes find that they have barricades set up as you go in, so in a sense, it's kind of implied that they already had theirs.

There are cases, in the narrative, where you can use your weapons to scare the natives, but not in battle itself. An example would be, that during an event you fire your rifles and some of the natives scatter while a few stick around to fight. In a case like this you'll now be facing an easier battle than if you hadn't fired a volley.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Is weapon jamming/firearm malfunction included?
Nope. I think that could potentially be very frustrating when you already have accuracy to contend with.

what kind of options I would have available if I am preparing other than positioning + barricades?
Besides positioning and barricades, there are a few traps that you can place. That's about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom