Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Conquistador release date is February 28th

Captain Shrek

Still I think this is quite a lot.

Also, will the natives have magic?

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
No, no magic. We want to stick to abilities that can have plausible explanations. Like the shaman can "curse", playing into the superstitions at the time.

Captain Shrek

No, no magic. We want to stick to abilities that can have plausible explanations. Like the shaman can "curse", playing into the superstitions at the time.

Perfect.

What about poison blowguns and mantlets? Will we be seeing nay of that? The Indiana Jones admirer in me is curious.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
We have blowguns in the game, and the native trapper has the poison sting ability, which is basically a poisoned tip, be it from a blowdart or arrow. I've never heard of mantlets, so I just looked them up. They seem pretty cool, but we wont have time to implement anything like that at this point, unfortunately. I can definitely see some cool scenarios involving something like that though.

Captain Shrek

We have blowguns in the game, and the native trapper has the poison sting ability, which is basically a poisoned tip, be it from a blowdart or arrow. I've never heard of mantlets, so I just looked them up. They seem pretty cool, but we wont have time to implement anything like that at this point, unfortunately. I can definitely see some cool scenarios involving something like that though.

:bro:

You can always make a sequel or an expansion you know? I am perfectly willing to back that too.

Captain Shrek

Looks amazing!

Can't wait to get my hands on it. Shit. I feel like I'm on BSN and a Biodrone.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
The gaming incline of 2013 approaches.

images

Modron

Arcane
These questions have probably been asked and answered a million times, but is there a chance to hit your fellow team members when firing across them or at least a penalty to hit? Firing into a melee through your enemies was a bit disconcerting to me, also do your ranged weapons have a limited number of shots per battle? two more questions, are there any bonuses to flanking an enemy and does damage incurred by being receiving an attack of opportunity when firing your weapon? Just a bonus penalty to hitting flanked enemies with melee weapons and a penalty to hit with ranged weapons through your players/against soldiers meleeing can add depth to the combat experience.

Modron

Arcane
are there any bonuses to flanking an enemy and does damage incurred by being receiving an attack of opportunity when firing your weapon?

Should have read does damage incurred by receiving an attack of opportunity when firing your weapon affect aim?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Not sure if you got any inspiration from Aguirre or not, but I'll be watching that alongside my first play through. With maybe a copy of The Conquest of New Spain handy. Good luck!

A user named cat

King's Bounty and it's expansions were like gaming crack to me, the way loot farming Diablo clones are addictive to retards. Can't wait to play this, looks great.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I liked the King's Bounty stuff but eventually they got tedious slogging through everything. Never bothered to finish AP/Crossworld. What's good about these indie kickstarter strategy games is that they seem to be fairly tight and focused. You can do great combat but not have everything be a massive grindfest/slogging your way through hordes of armies.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
These questions have probably been asked and answered a million times, but is there a chance to hit your fellow team members when firing across them or at least a penalty to hit? Firing into a melee through your enemies was a bit disconcerting to me, also do your ranged weapons have a limited number of shots per battle? two more questions, are there any bonuses to flanking an enemy and does damage incurred by being receiving an attack of opportunity when firing your weapon? Just a bonus penalty to hitting flanked enemies with melee weapons and a penalty to hit with ranged weapons through your players/against soldiers meleeing can add depth to the combat experience.

From what I've seen in the alpha : accuracy of ranged weapons is lower when firing from behind a cover or allies. There are no limited shots. There are bonuses for flanking.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer

There are no limits on ammunition except for the cannon, which you can get in the Mexico campaign. You can't hit your own men unless you use an area of effect attack, like the cannon, or the hailstorm ability. There is a 15% damage bonus on flanking attacks, but only for melee. The attack of opportunity incurred from firing point blank occurs after the ranged attack, so it doesn't affect aim. The attack of opportunity is pretty nasty as it is and your hunters (your main ranged unit) are kind of mushy.

Not sure if you got any inspiration from Aguirre or not, but I'll be watching that alongside my first play through.

It most certainly was! Our hardest difficulty setting is called Aguirre (named so because it's insane :p ).

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
Is this the game with hard-coded 6v6 men 'tactical battles'?

Hmmm... and clerics/magic heal potions in 16th century Spain?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom