Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Viking - historical Viking RPG from Logic Artists

Jinn

Arcane
It did OK, nothing amazing.

It's a great game and you guys deserved a lot more attention for it than you got.

Also, in terms of codex attention, I'd recommend that you guys shut down your subforum for the next game you're releasing. A lot of people don't look at these developer subforums and they end up getting forgotten.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The studio-specific subforums should be done away with in general. Whose bright idea were these, anyway?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Yeah, they seem really pointless all things considered. Unless it is absolutely required that the dev could mod his own forum then being in RPG Discussion would bring a lot more eyes to the thread.

Barbarian

Arcane
It did OK, nothing amazing.

Can you confirm you guys are working on a new game? Will you release info about it soon?

Sorry about the nagging, asking sincerely as a very interested fan. Viking was the best rpg game I played in years and it is disappointing that it wasn't a slamdunk for you guys.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Lol, the "barrow wights" (whatever they really were, I suspect just some drugged up yokels) and subsequent angry mob in Skerninge were very fun. The entire scenario was pretty cool in fact.

Gaem is much cool, shoulda got it earlier.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lol, the "barrow wights" (whatever they really were, I suspect just some drugged up yokels) and subsequent angry mob in Skerninge were very fun. The entire scenario was pretty cool in fact.

Gaem is much cool, shoulda got it earlier.
What build you is?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Boreale Emprahson focuses primarily on multiple, simultaneous and devastating defensive deep strikes with his axe and shield.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Lol, critical lore fail. Dude tells me to impress the bishop with muh fake conversions by reciting the apostolic creed. He gives it in English, and the protag remarks it's supa-ez.

Verdammt, it should be in Latin, and the whalefucker heathen dane should require soopa high int check to memorise it :rpgcodex:

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I just started playing and reached the British campaign. It's easily the best RPG to have come out in 2017.

Jinn

Arcane
I just started playing and reached the British campaign. It's easily the best RPG to have come out in 2017.

It definitely got my vote for top CRPG of 2017 (it needed more help than ELEX, but they pretty much equally share the vote).

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I'm approaching the end, and have to say this game is criminally underrated.

Why is it not receiving more love here? I'm disappointed by how small the circlejerk is compared to a game like Kingmaker.

Barbarian

Arcane

Can't remember a best rpg in the last decade, actually. It has everything the local whinos claim to want in spades(turn-based party combat, tons of C&C, good writing but not a storyfag game). Not sure what happened. Maybe the local tards can't take historical settings and are only interested in either fantasy or post-apoc. The biggest culprit is probably just lack of propaganda though. And this subforum hiding it from the public eye didn't help either.

And the greatest crime of all, to me, is that the two things I want the most on rpgs are historical settings and strategic turn-based combat. And this is the only company doing both. Not following the herd is not paying off as well as it should I suppose.

Barbarian

Arcane
Oh, so I see what happened. This game deserved a glowing review(being better than anything else of similar scope and gameplay style released in the last few years), but this is the tone this dipshit used to review it:

Is Expeditions: Viking a good game? Yes, yes it is. My criticisms are many, but they address the relatively lofty heights to which the game clearly aspires: a turn-based tactical RPG that somehow merges elements of an exploratory, resource-management strategic layer with a quest/story-driven model. The results are ambiguous, and in many ways, I prefer the tightly woven mechanics of Conquistador. But if you were to ask me whether it is worth the money, I would answer, absolutely: it is a game that provides robust turn-based tactical combat, a competently written historical setting, and plenty of entertaining quests. I dearly hope that the Expeditions series continues – and continues to tinker its formula.

This is close to a negative review. He could have just erased this last paragraph and written "meh, it was good for what it is" instead. People who read this and gave it value either didn't play it or left it at their backlist.

ITT, the game shouldn't have been reviewed by a pillars of faggotry fan. These people are unable to recognize incline.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
He could have just erased this last paragraph and written "meh, it was good for what it is" instead.

Untitled.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom