Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Viking - historical Viking RPG from Logic Artists

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Getting continuous crashes while trying to load my game now....

I'm that "temple" area.

On Nortumbria capital? Happened to me aswell inside the church. Had to load a previous save.
I don't think it's this area, it's this tomb place where Eydin or what's her name said we can find stuff.
Fucking hell, Battle Brothers spoiled me. I forgot how it is to get a "normal" game at release...

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Here's the last stack trace if any devs are interested:
========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF7F358C6C6)
0x00007FF7F358C6C6 (Expeditions Viking)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF7F359055B)
0x00007FF7F359055B (Expeditions Viking)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF7F3590BAD)
0x00007FF7F3590BAD (Expeditions Viking)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF7F35885EF)
0x00007FF7F35885EF (Expeditions Viking)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF7F3588900)
0x00007FF7F3588900 (Expeditions Viking)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF7F358A435)
0x00007FF7F358A435 (Expeditions Viking)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF7F356159F)
0x00007FF7F356159F (Expeditions Viking)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF7F355F971)
0x00007FF7F355F971 (Expeditions Viking)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF7F355FA09)
0x00007FF7F355FA09 (Expeditions Viking)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF7F35B3EF6)
0x00007FF7F35B3EF6 (Expeditions Viking)
0x00007FFF395F8364 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

*After 4-5 times every loading crashed, restarting the computer fixed the issue. Seems like some kind of weird memory leak? Can't really say

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Didn't experience any issue there other than getting stuck before battle started after killing the farmers at the tomb's exit.

Couldn't leave church in Nortumbria capital though without game crashing. I hope devs are aware of that and will fix it.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If I bought this with some serious discount I wouldn't mind so much, but the main issue I have with the game is that I payed full price to beta test. So tired of that shit, even gave the game a not recommended review on Steam because of it. Makes me bitter as fuck. I do see potential in the game though.

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Yeah exactly. Full of bugs at the moment. Just now the game froze as all the party went into "cover" without being in battle. Just like that.
Reminds me a lot of Wasteland 2 to be honest, the amount of bugs on release and the graphic style too

*And again now I can't load as the game crashes on load. It's getting pretty damn annoying to be honest. :mad:

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
If I bought this with some serious discount I wouldn't mind so much, but the main issue I have with the game is that I payed full price to beta best. So tired of that shit, even gave the game a not recommended review on Steam because of it. Makes me bitter as fuck. I do see potential in the game though.

I bought the deluxe edition, if that makes you feel better about yourself.

Urbanolo

Augur
Eh I still like it (a lot actually), but the bugs really run rampant. I'll wait for 1.02 patch till I continue with the game.

Is there any rule wether my team or enemy team starts first? My PC usually just gets raped by enemy archers, since I've made him a glass cannon archer and he starts at the front.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I don't think there's an initiative roll. It's most likely scripted and/or random(in random encounters).

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Bow is great but in late game where you encounter a lot of enemies with shield, it can be a pain in the ass since those cunts block EVERYTHING from your archers. So make sure to always have two axe wielders so they're always ready to pull shields away and let your archers clean up.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
You must be a very patient man to reach the late game with the game in this condition... I will wait for some patches, I'm too old for this shit

Quillon

Arcane
Is there more than one solution to "Kill the Rats" quest?

Seems like I'll have to kill da children to resolve it...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You must be a very patient man to reach the late game with the game in this condition... I will wait for some patches, I'm too old for this shit
giphy.gif

Jinn

Arcane
If I bought this with some serious discount I wouldn't mind so much, but the main issue I have with the game is that I payed full price to beta test. So tired of that shit, even gave the game a not recommended review on Steam because of it. Makes me bitter as fuck. I do see potential in the game though.

By doing this you're possibly limiting this developer's ability to be able to one day release their games without bugs. Do you think they wanted to release in this state, or were being lazy? No. They did it because they were working off the money they made from Expeditions: Conquistador and they must have had to release in this state in order to stay afloat. I understand it's frustrating dealing with bugs, but why not try to be a little more patient and support these guys. There's obviously a lot of potential in this team, but we'll never get to see it if people dump on them over this buggy release.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Is there more than one solution to "Kill the Rats" quest?

Seems like I'll have to kill da children to resolve it...

You can move them to the intro farm, provided you either killed or exiled them.

Should have but didn't kill or exile them...

Found another way...

Non-lethal mode made it so I beat them instead of killing them. Quest resolved, no reputation loss, good game :P

Tigranes

Arcane
Fired it up finally, put in a couple hours but still in the 'sidequests to ready the ship' mode, no bugs. I suppose they will come and hit me when I am least expecting?

I suspect the RPGification will just mean increased busywork without necessarily improving the game, but the experience itself is fun enough so far.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron

By doing this you're possibly limiting this developer's ability to be able to one day release their games without bugs. Do you think they wanted to release in this state, or were being lazy? No. They did it because they were working off the money they made from Expeditions: Conquistador and they must have had to release in this state in order to stay afloat. I understand it's frustrating dealing with bugs, but why not try to be a little more patient and support these guys. There's obviously a lot of potential in this team, but we'll never get to see it if people dump on them over this buggy release.

I understand, but you see gaming is not a charity. They are selling a product which I'm paying money for and at this moment it is a sub-par product mostly because of bugs. I could have bought something else from another indie-dev for that money, so this to me is wasted money and time. Supporting the little guys are always good I guess, but I'm tired of this being used as a shield from criticism. They fucked up, and they know it. Maybe the game will become great in the future, but at this moment it just makes me bitter and it is absolutely not worth full price.

Jinn

Arcane
Tigranes said:
I suspect the RPGification will just mean increased busywork without necessarily improving the game, but the experience itself is fun enough so far.

So far the RPGification has made the game more enjoyable to me than Conquistador, mainly due to npc interaction, sidequests, and exploration. I know a lot of people have been complaining about looting, but I haven't really seen the problem in it myself. Also, you don't need to loot every single thing to get by, so most of the people who dislike searching for loot have mainly subjected themselves to their own annoyances.

I understand, but you see gaming is not a charity. They are selling a product which I'm paying money for and at this moment it is a sub-par product mostly because of bugs. I could have bought something else from another indie-dev for that money, so this to me is wasted money and time. Supporting the little guys are always good I guess, but I'm tired of this being used as a shield from criticism. They fucked up, and they know it. Maybe the game will become great in the future, but at this moment it just makes me bitter and it is absolutely not worth full price.

Again, I get the frustration. I guess it just bothers me less than a lot of people to wait for a couple of patches. PC games have always been buggy, particularly in the past, and back then you had to wait longer for patches to come out. It's just something I've come to accept on this platform. Mainly, seeing a potentially excellent game like this trashed by steam-tard reactionaries is just annoying to see. That rating is really important to a smaller release like this. Also, I haven't experienced any standout bugs yet myself, so that may be augmenting my perspective here too.

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
It's definitely a step up from conquistador.

The looting design was a poor choice though.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Btw my protag just nailed Nefja. That took me by surprise - wasn't expecting any romance in this game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Again, I get the frustration. I guess it just bothers me less than a lot of people to wait for a couple of patches. PC games have always been buggy, particularly in the past, and back then you had to wait longer for patches to come out. It's just something I've come to accept on this platform. Mainly, seeing a potentially excellent game like this trashed by steam-tard reactionaries is just annoying to see. That rating is really important to a smaller release like this. Also, I haven't experienced any standout bugs yet myself, so that may be augmenting my perspective here too.

Maybe it's high time for that to change. They are only shooting themselves in the foot by releasing buggy stuff, because customers like me are getting tired of it and won't buy any new games on release date anymore. I often wonder why I do it when this shit keep repeating itself. Maybe it is a bit unfair that this game had to suffer my frustration since like you I usually have patience and I rarely write reviews but this time I just got me pissed off. I tried the refund option but since that didn't work there isn't many other options than to post a negative review to show dissatisfaction.

hivemind

I suspect the RPGification will just mean increased busywork without necessarily improving the game
Yes.
I don't understand why people prefer running around an entire mini-city with two or so dozen buildings and mouseovering all the NPCs in order to find the 2-3 with which you can talk and get a sidequest from to the Conquistador style of a city being largely just displayed as a few intractable points of interest. It's pointless filler.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom