Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redacted

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
GB.jpg

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Be glad he wasn't banned altogether after another failed promise to release. But you know, now it's really close, like really this time. At least poor Liberal gets some human interaction this way, otherwise he'd die alone in the Planetarium Prosperium.

By the way, the big difference between CMB and VD is that VD didn't take people's money with a promise to deliver in May 2013 no matter what. That's what most people are upset about more than anything.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Through her research at the University of Pennsylvania — and firsthand experience teaching in New York City’s public schools —psychologist Angela Duckworth has found that the ability to withstand stress and move past failures to achieve a goal is the best indicator of future success.

“What struck me was that I.Q. was not the only difference between my best and my worst students,” she shared in her recent TED talk. “Some of my strongest performers did not have stratospheric I.Q. scores. Some of my smartest kids weren’t doing so well.”

After teaching in New York City, Duckworth went to graduate school to become a psychologist, where she studied what types of people were successful at West Point Military Academy, the National Spelling Bee, in classrooms, and beyond. Again, she said, “it wasn’t social intelligence. It wasn’t good looks, physical health, and it wasn’t I.Q. It was grit.”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom