Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Ey yo crackas, HOL UP! (Justice for Cleveland)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Kalin, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin
    Gentlemen of Site Feedback,

I am compelled by my honour and faith in the Great Lord to raise with you a matter of the greatest import: the treatment of Master Builder Cleveland Mark Blakemore in this once so illustrious community. As every brotherly bro of record will surely attest, it has been utterly atrocious so far, and by Jove, it only worsens by the day. I, good sirs, am appalled! The Golden Baby cometh, this much is an irrefutable fact. No one of sound mind and proper taste can deny the powerful witness of Exhibit A, the Superdemo, nor the recently entered-into-evidence Exhibit B, Daredevil Donut Lad. This honey from heaven is 100% wholesome entertainment! And yet, some deluded deviants grumble like spoiled Israelites. The miracle of Grimwah is running late, they say! Guarantees may have been offered. Mistakes were possibly made. Yet can one fault the mighty craftsman for opting to perfect his masterwork, particularly when it is so clearly done for the common good of all?

For comparison, let it be entered into the record that one Mr Vault Dweller similarly delayed the release of his illustrious work for several years. Now I ask you, gentlemen, was Mr Dweller similarly humiliated by the mob, treated like a lunatic and exiled to the depths of depravity known as the Planetarium? Ho! On the contrary, while some scornful few uttered blasphemies, he was by and large granted his own prestigious sub-forum and received plenty of well-deserved support from the community. Note, too, that although magnificent, beautiful and of mighty high standing, his work still remains unfinished to this very day! I am not complaining, mind you, I love it like no other, but the sheer hypocrisy is simply mind-numbing.

A number of savage voices and guttural shrieks shall no doubt emerge from the least reputable corners of this prestigious assembly. Dweller delayed a few years, they will cry, but Cleve has withheld Grimoire for decades! This may well be so. Yet is it not true that Mr Dweller enlisted the aid of several hot-shot deckers to speed up his process? The Master Builder can afford no such luxury! He toils in solitude, the lone crackerjack, aided only occasionally by his trusty man-at-arms Shamz the grajiffican and his good heir Coopah.

Evidently, unmistakably and incontestably the gravest of injurious injustices has been levelled against Mr Blakemore on these boards, and if we would but mend our ways and support him to the fullest, his glorious work shall indisputably arrive and enlighten the world all the sooner. To wit, Grimoire must be given its own proper sub-forum in the Hosted CRPG Forum Pool!

In the oft-quoted words of the most eloquent champion of justice:

I rest my case!

• Prestigious x 12
    • Salute x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • meh x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Bumvelcrow Bellator Sempervirens Patron

Bumvelcrow
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It's already got one. You WTF harvesting or something? No justice until I've got my $1 worth out of this fiasco.

^ Top  
  3. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    Fuck reading

• Agree x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. jcd Punished JCD Patron

jcd
    Probated
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria
    :didntreadlol:

• Brofist x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Somberlain Arcane Zionist Agent

Somberlain
    If we throw the golden baby off a cliff, it will surely grow wings and fly.

• incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Irenaeus Self-Ejected Patron Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • incline incline x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Lady Error █▓▒░ ░▒▓█ Patron Literally Hitler

Lady Error
    Be glad he wasn't banned altogether after another failed promise to release. But you know, now it's really close, like really this time. At least poor Liberal gets some human interaction this way, otherwise he'd die alone in the Planetarium Prosperium.

By the way, the big difference between CMB and VD is that VD didn't take people's money with a promise to deliver in May 2013 no matter what. That's what most people are upset about more than anything.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  8. DarkUnderlord Bringing that old Raptor magic.

DarkUnderlord
    Through her research at the University of Pennsylvania — and firsthand experience teaching in New York City’s public schools —psychologist Angela Duckworth has found that the ability to withstand stress and move past failures to achieve a goal is the best indicator of future success.

“What struck me was that I.Q. was not the only difference between my best and my worst students,” she shared in her recent TED talk. “Some of my strongest performers did not have stratospheric I.Q. scores. Some of my smartest kids weren’t doing so well.”

After teaching in New York City, Duckworth went to graduate school to become a psychologist, where she studied what types of people were successful at West Point Military Academy, the National Spelling Bee, in classrooms, and beyond. Again, she said, “it wasn’t social intelligence. It wasn’t good looks, physical health, and it wasn’t I.Q. It was grit.”

• incline x 2
    • Interesting x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • "It was Aliens" x 2
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Charles Eli Cheese Neckbeard Shitlord Edgy Shitposter

Unwanted

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top