Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

F1 2019

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
Release: 28 June 2019

The game will include Formula 1 cars from previous seasons with a focus on the careers of Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna.

Players will be able to design liveries—including fictional sponsors—for a generic 2019 car in multiplayer modes.

Codemasters indicated presence of the FIA Formula 2 Championship in the game, with a Dallara F2 2018 shown at the end of the announcement trailer.

The game will initially feature the teams, drivers and calendar of the 2018 championship with content based on the 2019 championship added to the game via update after its launch.

Last edited:

Ebonsword

Arcane
Can you just play the first lap of a race to see who messes up their start or crashes at turn 1 and then skip to the end so you can avoid the 90 minutes of boredom in between?

Last edited:

Mustawd

Nice post Sukhāvatī. Although, the F2 mode is quite limited in the game compared to the regular campaign mode from my understanding.

Still if you’re a fan of F2 I’m sure it’s fun to see. IIRC you can even drive George Russel’s car from 2018.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Can you just play the first lap of a race to see who messes up their start or crashes at turn 1 and then skip to the end so you can avoid the 90 minutes of boredom in between?

It's a simulation. Not fucking up for 90 minutes is part of the challenge.

Ebonsword

Arcane

You seem to be very knowledgeable about these types of games. Can you recommend a good paint-drying simulator?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
If the genre is not for you are free to play something else. You might as well complain that getting around in flight simulator takes too long with nothing happening. Are people allowed to enjoy simulations or should we all bent to your ADHD driven tastes? Who the fuck are you to tell other people what games they should be enjoying? You even have real racers playing those things:

But apparently we can't have this kind of fun happening because some people just want instant gratification and god damn it they have a right to lord their tastes over everybody else.

Here's a novel idea, fuck off and go play some popamole arcade driving game if that's what you want.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

You seem to be very knowledgeable about these types of games. Can you recommend a good paint-drying simulator?
If you're looking for instant gratification then racing sim genre is the wrong place...

Unwanted

†††

Patron

If you're looking for instant gratification then racing sim genre is the wrong place...
I think he's criticizing F1 and not the racing sim genre. To be honest F1 has been a dreadful "spectacle" in the latest years, there are plenty of motorsports much more exciting than it. Even F1's top riders complain about how boring it is right now.

Ebonsword

Arcane

I think he's criticizing F1 and not the racing sim genre. To be honest F1 has been a dreadful "spectacle" in the latest years, there are plenty of motorsports much more exciting than it. Even F1's top riders complain about how boring it is right now.

Thank you. At least one person understands.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
If your beef is with F1 itself, i still don't know what you expect from this game given that Codemasters have no choice but follow the sport as it is now.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Shit man, racing sim/games are looking fantastic nowadays; makes me feel like forking out for a new computer with controllers and sit around playing these all day with my old man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom