Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallen Gods Update #1: Introducing Fallen Gods

ChaDargo

Arcane
Nope. If you feel a need to make an irrational friendly gesture, you could always give Primordia a spin, or spread the FG gospel on social media/boards. :) But we don't really need financial help, and I don't think people should buy games before they can meaningfully assess them.

I was already interested, but then I followed your advice and checked out primordia-game.com and... Getting the demo now (at least). Just the trailer gave me a nice Beneath a Steel Sky vibe. Art looks great.

Definitely looking forward to more updates about Fallen Gods. (As an aside, your general modesty throughout this thread is impressive and makes me want your game even more lol)

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Art is primarily inspired by BASS and story by PS:T. Though there are lots of other influences.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I finally got to read this reveal (of sorts). The game is looking very promising.

I am not for rushing Fallen Gods to market, or anything like that, but hopefully, you can release it before roguelites go out of fashion, MRY , so you can make the big $$$ and become a game dev full time (although I am not sure you would even want to). Are you considering Early Access release?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Who knows? I think realistically, finishing the writing and illustrations is going to take a year or so. Whether the rogue-lite fad will still be going on then, I don't know, but I also don't know that people who like traditional rogue-lites will like FG, so it may be that there is no road to paradise from where we stand.

Vault Dweller swears by early access, and there's no one I'd trust more on such a question. Still, for myself, I've never liked sharing anything until I feel it is really and truly camera ready; and then in the end, it still isn't camera ready but someone yanks it out of my hands willynilly.... So there will be a large psychological impediment to an EA release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom