Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by mario.g, Jun 22, 2016.

1. laclongquan Arcane

laclongquan
    In the Alexa fight, two gals with SMG received my complete attention. Priority target, as it were.

On the other hand, I dont think there much change in stat. The horrifying burst damage from low level guns I did receive in F2 before, I think.

Around Rat Hole you should have one Mentat already. Another might be bought or scrounged somewhere around the time we meet Kyrie. With two mentats we should have enough to recruit her. And that is the extent of our resource early game~

The next nearest human should be chancy to get considering the Karma requirement. The last is the next major town, which is probabbly middle game~

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    ^ Top  
  2. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Thats not a problem, crits will get you either way, the problem is that normal hits can go for close to 100 damage. Meaning you cant really survive them, meaning the only real option is not getting shot up close.

considering how fast companions go down i dont see a reason to even bother with them.

^ Top  
  3. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    Pack mules are extremely useful on a blind playthrough.

^ Top  
  4. laclongquan Arcane

laclongquan
    Considering how fast our PC goes down without meatshield, I dont see why not recruit a few~

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. valcik Arcane

valcik
    I do remember one feature from one of the first GURPS Fallout builds - you could've spent all your action points in one turn for aiming, which resulted in huge damage on your next turn with totally dead opponent. Much more dangerous than these critical hits.

One more thing, have you noticed how crowbars became really handy in Resurrection? You can pry open almost everything with decent enough strength. Really useful feature missing in both Fallouts.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. eXalted Erudite

eXalted
    These new combat calculations would have been great if there was a cover system in Fallout 2, something like Shadowrun. That would make it more realistic and very enjoyable (well, for me at least).

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Fenix Cipher Vatnik

Fenix
    Do someone know if Tag work in same manner like in Fallout 2?

^ Top  
  8. eXalted Erudite

eXalted
    Mmm, that three faction battle. Total bloodshed.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

And at last gave Keri a Ripper. Now finally she can start doing some melee damage.

^ Top  
  9. opium fiend Augur

opium fiend
    Is INT featured in dialogues? I got the impression that skills matter much more

^ Top  
  10. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    True, im at that point where you have more goods than people to sell stuff to, where im leaving tens of thousands worth of weapon and ammo in lockers because even both my mules cant carry more.

Really liking it, The first two locations are kinda shit, but it really picks up after that. I just hit level 12, would you recommend tagging energy weapons and going with that, or are small guns decent enough to keep up? Worth noting that i got a Y32K and i just finished the empire plot.

^ Top  
  11. laclongquan Arcane

laclongquan
    Anyway to get Karma back up quickly?

Show Spoiler

I doublecross Alexa for the extra 1000 so took a -100 Karma hit. Maybe even more. Also rob her bartender clean which is 450. There are still two rows of graves havent been dug up yet, but I save that for when I need to lower Karma.

Lhynn How about trade those loots for the very expensive manuals back at Little Hub?

^ Top  
  12. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Already all at 90+ which is more than needed.

A good way to farm up karma is going hunting geckos with the tribals i think.

^ Top  
  13. Florian Gheorghe Savant

Florian Gheorghe
    Do we have the option to make the fonts bigger in dialogue? Or the only option is to lower the resolution?

^ Top  
  14. epeli Arcane

epeli
    You've got standard hires patch features. Just ignore the config exe and edit the config file directly. If you're on a normal DPI 1920x1080 monitor, I suggest running at 1920x1080, x2 scaler, dx9 graphics mode. That way the game interface is roughly the same physical size as originally intended and you get only slightly wider view of your surroundings, not a massive zoom-out with ants running around. Staying at native res means you can alt-tab without resolution switching and the hires patch scaler looks better than monitor/GPU scaling. DX9, in my experience, is the most stable graphics mode. Especially on newer Windows versions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    I agree with what epeli said, except instead of setting the game to 2x scaler, set it to 960x540. That will keep the font from looking fucked up because its a perfect 1:4 pixel mapping onto 1920x1080. You won't split the rendering of the low resolution font and graphics onto anisotropic subpixels, which is what makes low resolution games scaled to high look both blurry and sharp at the same time.

To be clear, in draw.ini set graphics mode to 4 or 5 (5 and playing with borderless gaming is superior for multi monitor users IMO, mouse is still trapped in window until you alt-tab), the resolution to your desktop's native 1920x1080, and GPUBlt=1. That's it for ddraw.

In f2_res.ini, set graphics_mode=0 which passes along game window resolution control to ddraw. Put scale_2x=0, and set the screen resolution to 960 and 540 (600 for :obviously: 16:10 owners). For fullscreen colors, set it to 8, and all the other graphics options are the same. Windowed does not need to be set to 1 in the subsequent options if you're using dx9 windowed mode, ddraw will handle that.

edit: for reference, this is how those settings make the game look:

pictures (open)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

edit2: This works exactly the same way for Fallout 2, FYI. For Fallout 1, you have to use a much older version of sfall, Crafty's 1.7.6 and I don't believe rendering in a window works - you have to run it fullscreen 960x540/600. That means adding the resolution to your display driver. This is easy on nvidia, harder on amd, either way: google it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Turisas Arch Devil Patron

Turisas
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Fucking sluts. :negative:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. eXalted Erudite

eXalted
    And agris to the rescue again.

:cheersmate:

Better out there in the radiated wasteland, than in their radiated innards.

Does it have any gameplay consequences?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Wear condoms bro.

^ Top  
  19. Turisas Arch Devil Patron

Turisas
    Thanks, that helps now. Screw it, I'll just spread my POZ gift to everyone I can get my positive hands on.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Viata Arcane

Viata
    Guess you have a great luck. :troll:

^ Top  
  21. Fenix Cipher Vatnik

Fenix
    It's like anecdote:
    Man came to the doctor and asks - Doctor, how to protect yourself from AIDS?
    Doctor - use condom, even two. Then wrap them with bandages. Then cover with epoxy resin. Bandages again.
    And the most important - no sexual intercourse!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    I wonder if that affect that quest with
    Show Spoiler
    when you try to find the missing kid in the empire, and one of the option is fuck the guy for information[/fuck]

Also for measly 1200 caps, we can have sex with 3 whores at once in Albuquerque. One of them even commented: " i love how depraved you are"

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. eXalted Erudite

eXalted
    Apparently this didn't work for my female character in that woman on woman action. This is how they are used, right?

^ Top  
  24. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    Since I didn't remember if anybody has mentioned this and I'm too lazy to re-read the rest of the thread,

Show Spoiler
    Is there anymore raiders hiding in Lost Town other than the ones hiding underground, led by Damian? I've wiped them all, but there's no new dialogue with Frederyk. Bug or nah?

^ Top  
  25. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    Show Spoiler
    There aren't any more, and the game tells you when you've cleared the level. If you got the message and Freddy doesn't have new dialogue, it's a bug.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)