Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

agris

Arcane
Patron
I haven't but it sounds like you're being stolen from. I've always wondered if the little kids all over the maps are stealing our shit when we walk past them. Resurrection might be clever and hide the "action" animation from them stealing from us unless we have a high enough stealth or steal skill. Bubbles?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I think stealing kids in Rat Hole are plausible, but I've never noticed any missing items myself.

opium fiend

Augur
I thought it was the Den scenario all over again, so I checked all the junkie kids, but no. Weird.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles or anyone else. Regarding Nestor vs Uncle:

I'm at the point where one wants me to kill Richie and the other let him go. I've played through the pro-Uncle scenario of killing Richie, inciting the miners to revolt, and then meeting Uncle to hear his offer. This didn't seem like the right path for my good PC. What is a good way to resolve this town-wide dispute? Should I have immediately challenged them both to the ring before taking the Richie quest? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

I'm at the point where one wants me to kill Richie and the other let him go. I've played through the pro-Uncle scenario of killing Richie, inciting the miners to revolt, and then meeting Uncle to hear his offer. This didn't seem like the right path for my good PC. What is a good way to resolve this town-wide dispute? Should I have immediately challenged them both to the ring before taking the Richie quest? Any guidance would be appreciated.

The best way I've managed to find is to simply side with Nestor and avoid killing any innocents. It's strongly implied that killing both leaders would destroy the town's economy and security.

Lhynn

Arcane

Really grey these factions are. Both are greedy cunts that will stop at nothing to become more powerful, the whole town is a shithole and the law is the very definition of lawful neutral and the only thing actually keeping the whole place together.
Loved it.

Last edited:

eXalted

Arcane
Is the "Kill the raiders" quest in Sedit bugged?

I killed them all and reported back to Frederyk (he was the one that gave the quest, right?) but I don't see an option to tell him that I got rid of them.

Lemming42

Arcane
Gotta make sure you clear out every room in their base, you should get a "You have eliminated the raiders in Lost Town" message in the message box. The quest worked for me, so it doesn't appear to be bugged.

eXalted

Arcane
Oh shit, it occurred to me that some of them ran straight to the mine field and died there. I read in the readme that planting explosives in NPCs pockets is not advisable as some script may not fire when they explode. I think this has to do with the raiders and mines problem.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I have to say this may be the best mod I ever played. From the videos and original artwork, to the cleaned up everything, this is truly like a new game. This is the real FO3. In fact, this should be renamed to Real FO3. Like when there was that Ghostbusters cartoon that had nothing to do with Ghostbusters started playing, and then the cartoon of the real Ghostbusters came out and they called it "The Real Ghostbusters." What Bethesda does is like the fake Ghostbuster cartoon.

Lhynn

Arcane
A glimpse into Roqua mind

Going from this:
VD4oA.png

To this
FGBbiosTracy.jpg

In a single paragraph.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Quest in Sedit
Anyone managed to poison the sheriff? i cant get close enough to reverse-steal the poison to kill the idiot. Also why is this questline considered evil? these are assholes about as good as any rider im murdering here, im one of the good guys goddamnit

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Quest in Sedit
Anyone managed to poison the sheriff? i cant get close enough to reverse-steal the poison to kill the idiot. Also why is this questline considered evil? these are assholes about as good as any rider im murdering here, im one of the good guys goddamnit
How do you even get that quest? The mexican?

Bloodlust

Augur
Quest in Sedit

I found 2 ways for that ,either bribing the guard in front of the sheriff's villa to do it for you ,or get in and bluff the cook that the flask has some awshum new whiskey in,so she should switch it and the boss will love it and give us promotions and stuff. There should be other ways too.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
anyone up for discussing the ending and end-game part?

so how do you deal with the final boss and what are the options?

so far, in destroying the birth base, i found 2 ways: kill savior, then activate self destruct, or sneak behind him and activate the computer.

is there a way to expose his fraudulence without killing anyone? (after he died, there is a holotape that contain the truth that he isnt actually a ghoul, but always been a human, a mutant hunter too) maybe you need pickpocket perk so you can pickpocket his tape?

and what other ways you've discovered?

havent tried to side with him yet, will try it soon.

ending slides:

rebirth:
-silent countdown, everyone in the facility died

new hope:
-prosper (caravan quest completed, julian and alexa died)
-destroyed (caravan quest done, but julian alive and alexa dead)

rat hole:
-julian live, alexa dies and but he became raider
-both died, rat hole abandoned

sedit:
-frederyk prospered
-crimson caravan doing well

coranth:
-uncle wins, but mine ran out of metal

albuquerque:
-aran become emperor, walls tore down and ABQ become prosperous city

mutant camp:
-nothing happen as they continue east

-keri:
live as traveler mercenary

-lystra:
inherit the hospital head of the empire

that's pretty much my ending. i was sad that new hope got raided, so i went back and kill julian and do the whole thing over again

Black Angel

Arcane
Is there anymore raiders hiding in Lost Town other than the ones hiding underground, led by Damian? I've wiped them all, but there's no new dialogue with Frederyk. Bug or nah?

There aren't any more, and the game tells you when you've cleared the level. If you got the message and Freddy doesn't have new dialogue, it's a bug.
Since I didn't remember if anybody has mentioned this and I'm too lazy to re-read the rest of the thread,

Is there anymore raiders hiding in Lost Town other than the ones hiding underground, led by Damian? I've wiped them all, but there's no new dialogue with Frederyk. Bug or nah?
Nope. Just the one in there. Maybe you missed a dude or 2, the ones in lockwr room doesnt aggro automatically and obstructed by tje shelves
Damn, tough luck. Nobody left there anymore, and no way to tell Frederyk about it at all.

Oh shit, it occurred to me that some of them ran straight to the mine field and died there. I read in the readme that planting explosives in NPCs pockets is not advisable as some script may not fire when they explode. I think this has to do with the raiders and mines problem.
I think this is my problem too. I lured some of them into their own traps. Damn, reroll then I guess....

Lemming42

Arcane
On my second playthrough I have recruited Keri who I missed the first time due to accidentally aggroing the entire Crimson Caravan, along with Lystra. The chatter between companions is pretty great, along with how they often have conflicting advice for you for certain quests. I don't remember anything of this quality in Fo2 or even NV, beyond Arcade Gannon commenting on Rex's presence and Cassidy complaining about Lenny smelling weird.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
On my second playthrough I have recruited Keri who I missed the first time due to accidentally aggroing the entire Crimson Caravan, along with Lystra. The chatter between companions is pretty great, along with how they often have conflicting advice for you for certain quests. I don't remember anything of this quality in Fo2 or even NV, beyond Arcade Gannon commenting on Rex's presence and Cassidy complaining about Lenny smelling weird.
i love buying keri and lystra whores. they even have a banter about fucking women

Black Angel

Arcane
Pardon me for not paying attention to the whole thread, but
Is there any use for the special goods you can buy at Salem? Is this that moment inspired by that time in PS:T where we should buy all (or most? can't remember) items from Vrischika? I don't know about you guys, but seeing Salem selling all of that shit that's basically misc./quest items of Fallout 2 actually remind me of that moment where we buy stuff from Vrischika. Also, is there any point in possessing more than 1 talisman? If it's plot significant or kinda, don't tell me exactly what it is, let me discover it myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom