Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Playing this. Just about wrapped up the big quest in the Thunderdome town.

downloading... is it going to bring tears of joy to my eyes?

If you really liked the atmosphere of early towns in F1, it might. It pretty much nails that feeling both in terms of atmosphere and quest design. If anything it is a bit too formulaic, since I am at the third town where the premise is "here are two morally ambiguous groups of people tearing this town apart in their feud, what will you do?". Hopefully the game mixes it up a bit later down the line. Although playing two gangs against each other is always fun - makes you feel like you are playing through the Fistful of Dollars.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
One question though, regarding the Sheriff's Son Quest

went to ABQ but where do I go from there? I know caravans visit the cantina but I couldnt find ayone to advance that quest.

There's a guy in the caravan pit stop, just straight from main entrance. Nearly the same spot as guy from that lost brother quest of that female vault companion.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there a way to increase the dialogue window size? I play on 1024x768 resolution and the dialogue screen appears smaller in the middle of the screen with dark border around. I set the "static screen size" in the options to "stretch while maintaining aspect ration " and other options but nothing happens

agris

Arcane
Patron
Is there a way to increase the dialogue window size? I play on 1024x768 resolution and the dialogue screen appears smaller in the middle of the screen with dark border around. I set the "static screen size" in the options to "stretch while maintaining aspect ration " and other options but nothing happens

What is the native resolution of your monitor, and I assume you're on Win7 or Win10?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

What is the native resolution of your monitor, and I assume you're on Win7 or Win10?

1920x1080 win7

agris

Arcane
Patron

1920x1080 win7
make copies of your ddraw.ini and f2_res.ini in your Fallout 2\Resurrection folder, and replace the originals with these.

ddraw.ini
f2_res.ini

I think you'll find it superior to what you've currently got, and the dialogue / inventory window will be larger.

edit: I set up FO1.5 so that it takes up your entire 1920x1080 screen, but the game is rendered in 960x540. That doesn't mean letterboxing, it's taking up the entire 1080p screen. You'll see when you try it. That also means that all windows, including dialogue, are larger relative to what you originally played in. Furthermore, I've made sure static screen elements and movies aren't stretched (aspect-ratio correct), and that the world is blacked out during dialogue, like in the original game. It's essentially the purist presentation, but for modern monitors. If you want to see ants squiggle across the screen in full 1920x1080, look elsewhere.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Grotesque did you ever try those settings I posted for FO 1.5? The mod is quite good for being amateur, if you're a Fallout fan it's worth playing.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Grotesque did you ever try those settings I posted for FO 1.5? The mod is quite good for being amateur, if you're a Fallout fan it's worth playing.

I finished it 2 days ago. I was blown away by the attention to detail and it's massive scope.
I never got to use those custom settings.
How I shall give them some money because I had too much of a good time with it.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I want to give you both an incline and decline rating, but I guess that's selfish.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
- jumps to the last page to see the hottest shit
- wtf
- realizes yet again that this is the Codex
- peers at smilies to see what's new
:shitandpiss:
- feels like home
:mrpresident:

Black Angel

Arcane
Too bad that one will never be translated.
Actually, there is still a hope
https://github.com/fallout-nevada/main
Hey, man. Sorry to reply to this post *this* late, but just to be sure.... does this mean an official translation is in progress?

On side note, there's this guy on NMA who had been translating Fallout of Nevada mod since September last year, and damn he's pretty determined in doing it. With the help from modders like Risewild of TTW team and .Pixote. of Mutants Rising team, and some others, from the latest update he posted just a minute ago, it's 30% done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom