Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Sòren

Arcane
Don't know about FO1, but I'd certainly rate 1.5 and Nevada above FO2. Wish there was some way to buy this guys a couple of vodkas.

thanks for the Nevada reference. i missed out on this one too. installing it right now.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Don't know about FO1, but I'd certainly rate 1.5 and Nevada above FO2. Wish there was some way to buy this guys a couple of vodkas.

thanks for the Nevada reference. i missed out on this one too. installing it right now.

I finished Resurrection too, and enjoyed it exactly like you say.

Currently playing Nevada which is definitely awesome as well.
Generally, I find it quite difficult in terms of quests. There are tons of (interesting) tasks and multiple ways to solve them (way more skill checks than any Fallout game), but indications of where to do/what to do are often very vague.

Definitely give it a try ! (just need to find the English translation as well).

AdolfSatan

Arcane
The quest about getting the sniper that shot the mobster kid and the one about the whole ring of corruption in clean city (can't remember the name) were the most contrived shit I've ever seen in a Fallout. Required quite a bit of out-of-the-box thinking when compared to the classic FOs.

Modron

Arcane
The quest about getting the sniper that shot the mobster kid and the one about the whole ring of corruption in clean city (can't remember the name) were the most contrived shit I've ever seen in a Fallout. Required quite a bit of out-of-the-box thinking when compared to the classic FOs.
Yeah if I hadn't noticed you could repair another another one of those certain things later in salt lake city I wouldn't have figured that quest out. Probably one of Nevada's greatest strengths was the number of skill uses throughout the game, Repair and Science really shined and even Outdoorsman was elevated from a largely passed over skill in the Fallouts.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
While we talk about Nevada - how is the translation? Last time I read it was partially complete and some chunk of text remain in original (not sure if later in the game or in some side quests).

LynkS

Novice
While we talk about Nevada - how is the translation? Last time I read it was partially complete and some chunk of text remain in original (not sure if later in the game or in some side quests).

I think they translated all that un-translated texts, but they are still working on editing "rough" translations in later parts of the game.

cowking

Scholar
Have they gotten rid of the horrible design where you end up with uncompletable quests everywhere because you don't have enough speech and there are no alternatives to progress?

I stopped playing the release version in the mining town when I accepted a sidequest to get something back from a dude and realized it's yet another one of these speech quests where even killing him and pissing off the entire town didn't help.

Last edited:

Sòren

Arcane
not sure about that. the only other way i'm aware of to solve this special quest without too much casualities is to compensate him out of your own pocket. not sure about other occasions.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
As far as I know, the other alternative would be
giving the C4 to the workers in the mining town to help them take it over for themselves

Black Angel

Arcane
Huh? Is this in Nevada or is this in 1.5?

I stopped playing the release version in the mining town when I accepted a sidequest to get something back from a dude and realized it's yet another one of these speech quests where even killing him and pissing off the entire town didn't help.
Are you talking about getting those money back from the guy who worked for the miner boss dwarf?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Does 1.5 get a whole hell of a lot better near the end? Because so far it’s nowhere near as good as Nevada, and I played Nevada over the summer when the translation was still a mess.

I agree that Nevada is better than 2, although I have a hard time believing that about 1.5, which I gave up on three or four towns in.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Nevada is way above 1.5 in terms of quality, but that doesn't mean 1.5 is bad at all. I would have recommended you to play them in the inverse order to feel the incline, but by now there's no coming back.
I'd still rate 1.5 above 2 —if ever so slightly— because it felt more concise. No point in pushing through it if you don't feel it though, the quality is pretty consistent overall.

Huh? Is this in Nevada or is this in 1.5?
Nevada. Sorry, should have kept that for the other thread.

valcik

Arcane
I find F 1.5 end-game location to be much more interesting in comparison with Nevada, since there's still a lot of NPCs, quests, and different ways how to succeed. Fighting through the couple of quest deprived end-game maps in Nevada sucks ghoul ass.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I've said it before in this thread, but I think it bears repeating. Where 1.5 dropped the ball was in their lack of letting you play one side off of another for a while. A lot of quests will lock you out of alternative / conflicting quests just for accepting them, even if you have taken no action. The original Fallouts were very good about this, and I wish 1.5 had mirrored it.

naossano

Cipher
An issue i have is that in many situation, you have to do chores for the middleman before even meeting the boss. And by doing those chores, you closing yourself from other factions. Meaning that you have to pick a faction before knowing the guy who leads it. You have to pick a plate without knowing what dishes are on the plate. Still provides a reason to replay the game, but i would prefer making an informed choice.

I am wondering about some questline in the Imperial city.

Is there any way to actually expose the identity of the Anonymous ?

I know that there is a questline in which you get to place that person in power before even knowing the identity.
There is the option to work for Anonymous and help that person get the power.
I also try to work for Anonymous, then kill all the mercenaries, plus Anonymous, but once i did it, i am refused access to the Imperial City (with Lystra still inside)
But is there a way to find out about the identity, and tell it to the appropriate person, so Anonymous get arrested ?

If not, that seems a pretty big oversight.

(I didn't disclose the identity here to avoid spoilers)

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Being closed early on from questlines because of faction alignment is the mod's largest issue for me, yes. I never tried to disclose Anonymous' identity to anyone, but I think it's highly unlikely, based on how the game chooses to fork questlines, that you'll get to tell someone about it.

Black Angel

Arcane
I'm kind of indifferent as to whether or not being closed from questlines are a positive or not, but I'd like to point out that the way they did it is pretty elaborate, don't you think?
  • In Rat Hole, you CAN actually play off both sides, and only accomplishing the last quest will finally piss off the other side. Best thing about it is that, in final showdown, the faction you sided with will notice how the other faction somehow managed to gain extra ammos and weaponry/meds and drugs, when initially they don't have much.
  • In Corath, both sides of the conflict are completely intertwined in the questline, that choosing either side you still basically only doing the exact same quest, but obviously needs to pursue different goal desired by the faction you sided with.
  • Albuquerque is probably the weird one here, because from what I remembered if you didn't immediately join the Mutant Hunters (and instead, start doing the Imperial City questline right away), the Mutant Hunters would no longer accept you from there and on. However, and this is probably a special case, in another playthrough I actually do the Mutant Hunters quests for a bit, and then I do the quests for Imperial City by accepting the dwarf's offer in tavern-inn. Once I'm completely done with the Mutant Hunters AND resolved the Anonymous questline by supporting her through accepting the dwarf's offer, the Anonymous would later contact me for the very last mission but instead of inviting me to meet with her, she reprimanded me for joining the Mutant Hunters and completely forbid me from entering the city. I don't know what will happen if you consecutively finish the Mutant Hunters questline first, and then try to get involved in Imperial City's affair by talking with that lieutenant in the tavern AND not accepting the dwarf's offer (or not even interact with him at all), though.
  • I kind of can't remember much about Sedit, but I think there's really no factional conflict except for business competition between Sedit Caravan and Frederick's, so I'm not sure if that counts.
An issue i have is that in many situation, you have to do chores for the middleman before even meeting the boss. And by doing those chores, you closing yourself from other factions. Meaning that you have to pick a faction before knowing the guy who leads it. You have to pick a plate without knowing what dishes are on the plate. Still provides a reason to replay the game, but i would prefer making an informed choice.
Eh, really? If it's Anonymous you're talking about, then you do realize she's not called 'the Anonymous' for nothing, right? Meanwhile, the other bosses of literally every factions in the game we can meet and greet right away. Rat Hole and Corath, no question. In Albuquerque, the entire Imperial City is where you can't have an afternoon tea with the big guys, but I'd say it's because they're real busy and irritated because of what's happening at the moment you enter the picture. The Mutant Hunters leader, however, is readily available for conversation without having to do stuff for his faction first.

But is there a way to find out about the identity, and tell it to the appropriate person, so Anonymous get arrested ?

If not, that seems a pretty big oversight.
There're no way to find out about the identity and tell about it to anyone, but I wouldn't say it's an oversight. Remember, the entire city is currently under pressure because they don't have any lead whatsoever. If you pursue their questline by way of not accepting the dwarf's offer, you go and report the heavy casualties they suffered because of blindly sending a team without a clear lead, and as you go on to pursue this path there are a lot of red herring like the guy who's supposed to meet the team were actually in the other building, or something similar like that. If you go on to pursue the questline by way of accepting the dwarf's offer, the Anonymous pretty much leave no trace at all, and the end of the path is where you slaughter the appropriate person to tell on about Anonymous's identity (IF there's actually any way to find it). In both of these path, the Anonymous worked cleanly and leave no opening for our character or anyone to investigate. Maybe designing an entirely new path where you can do some private investigation a la Fallout of Nevada's Las Vegas section would be cool, but the questline in Albuquerque doesn't seem like a case that can be solved that way.

naossano

Cipher
Eh, really? If it's Anonymous you're talking about, then you do realize she's not called 'the Anonymous' for nothing, right? Meanwhile, the other bosses of literally every factions in the game we can meet and greet right away. Rat Hole and Corath, no question. In Albuquerque, the entire Imperial City is where you can't have an afternoon tea with the big guys, but I'd say it's because they're real busy and irritated because of what's happening at the moment you enter the picture. The Mutant Hunters leader, however, is readily available for conversation without having to do stuff for his faction first.

- In Rat hole, you can meet Julian, but not Leonard (i suspect that the latter is already out of the picture, but i don't know if you can find out the truth)
- In Sedith, you cannot meet the female caravan leader if you did anything for the others (i have to try her quest-line, but you don't even know she exist when you enter the city and meet Frederyk) And the first quest given by her faction is given by a middle-man.
- In Sedith, you cannot meet Rodriguez if you accepted a secret quest for the ghouls (stealing stuff), regardless if you intend to do it or not. Even if you don't interact with the ghouls, you need to work for Sanchez before meeting Rodriguez. By doing so, you are closing yourself from the ghoul faction without even meeting Rodriguez.
- Dunno if he provides quests, but you cannot really *meet* the sheriff of Sedith. Only his deputy. (who gives you enough reasons to hate them)
- In Corath, you cannot directly work for Nestor or Uncle. You have to do job for their lieutenants, which lead to oppose the other faction, and only meet the boss you worked for at the end. I picked Nestor and he only explains what he intends to do about the city when he is about to win.
- In Albuquerque, you can meet Sebastian before doing quests for the mutants hunters, but the faction still gives you quests for high ranked people that you don't see. (some guy in the sublevel that want a pistol or something)
- About the only choice that you have on the anonymous questline happens before you even enter the Imperial City.

Sometimes, you can meet the people involved before making your decision. Most of the time, you have to make a choice before knowing enough.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
- In Rat hole, you can meet Julian, but not Leonard (i suspect that the latter is already out of the picture, but i don't know if you can find out the truth)
That, it is, but is it really a problem that you can't get to meet him at all, since we now know he's dead all along?

- In Sedith, you cannot meet the female caravan leader if you did anything for the others (didn't try the other way, but the thing is, you don't even know she exist when you enter the city and meet Frederyk)
- In Sedith, you cannot meet Rodriguez if you accepted a secret quest for the ghouls (stealing stuff), regardless if you intend to do it or not. Even if you don't interact with the ghouls, you need to work for Sanchez before meeting Rodriguez. By doing so, you are closing yourself from the ghoul faction without even meeting Rodriguez.
- Dunno if he provides quests, but you cannot really *meet* the sheriff of Sedith. Only his deputy. (who gives you enough reasons to hate them)
Again, I'm not sure business competition are a kind of conflict where it's worth knowing who's the boss, what are they like, and if it will satisfy you to make an informed choice, so I guess it's a matter of taste. The Sheriff of Sedit also doesn't really act that much of a boss because he really doesn't have that much influence on the city, at least any kind of influence that's immediately apparent or subtle, that is. Maybe the police are the only ones who can prevent Rodriguez from slaughtering the ghouls, but other than that I can't say the Sheriff can be considered much of a 'boss', not to mention his 'faction' can't be joined, nor did you do any 'chores' for him before getting to meet, because the only one time you get to work for him, you're immediately pointed to meet him in person

- In Corath, you cannot directly work for Nestor or Uncle. You have to do job for their lieutenants, which lead to oppose the other faction, and only meet the boss you worked for at the end.
If that's the case, then I guess you're right. It's been a while since I last played Fallout 1.5. Still, their questline is intertwined, and basically the exact same, with the only difference is the goal you have to pursue should be the one desired by the faction you chose to work with, so I don't know if it's worth it to make an informed choice. However, there's one NPC who happened to have a lot of past with Uncle, so talking to him should give you an idea about what's Uncle really like.

- In Albuquerque, you can meet Sebastian before doing quests for the mutants hunters, but the faction still gives you quests for high ranked people that you don't see. (some guy in the sublevel that want a pistol or something)
Well, if you're an outsider who's yet to prove your trustworthiness, would people just let you enter into a section of their headquarters only meant for members?

- About the only choice that you have on the anonymous questline happens before you even enter the Imperial City.
Actually, is there anyone around here who decided to pursue Imperial City questline by not accepting the dwarf's offer, AND then kill Aran in the basement? Maybe I'll try doing that and see what happens

Gunnar

Arbiter
I just finished this wonderful mod for the first time after reading about it here. What a great time. I really liked the slow weapon/armor progression where I felt like I accomplished something getting a new gun. Right from the beginning, you get a sense that ammo is valuable - the first time in the cave I spent all my ammo killing rats, then couldn't afford to buy any more. I killed the New Hope lady because I wanted her pipe gun, used it to overpower a merc in the next town and take her peashooter, used the peashooter to murder a guy and take his SMG, etc. It was nice they kept the XP gains low, without grinding, I didn't hit level 12 until I was breaching the final base. The game is more fun at the lower levels, IMO. Especially at the final base, the combat starts to wear thin, with so many targets making the turns take forever and the ridiculously crit-prone combat swings can mean instant death at any time. Although, there was clearly a lot of content there that I missed; I assume there is some way to make nice with the ghouls and get in there without terminating everyone.

Falloutiest moment, I was fighting Vex's gang and they accidentally hit some of the townsfolk there, so the two groups started fighting. This kid runs in and grabs the shurikens from one of the dead gang members (I'm guessing they have throwing proficiency for rocks and such) and starts fucking shit up. Maybe next time I'll leave a bunch of grenades lying about and see if I can make something happen.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Woke up in a cave, started with a zip gun, got eaten by a horde of rats way bigger than the amount of ammo given me. 10/10. Originally I went here to inquire how a talker character is supposed to go through that, but the more I think about it, the less I want to find out.
Andhaira is this you?

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
When I played this mod, I created character who was suited more for ranged combat than for melee or unarmed, but I managed to kick ass to all rats and leave cave without wasting a single bullet. I wonder how anyone can create character with so shitty stats, that his character can't handle a rat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom