Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Lemming42

Arcane
Downloading now, even if the writing is super-cheesy it'll be fun just to play a branching RPG again.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://resurrection.cz/en/97-the-resurrection-of-fallout-has-come/

15.07.2016 The Resurrection of Fallout has come
Finally, the English version of Fallout 1.5: Resurrection is out. You can download the installation file here. Other links (including links to the archive for manual installation) can be found on this page. Just a small reminder - You need to have Fallout 2 installed before you install Resurrection.

If you happen to have any problems with installation or with running the game, we recommend checking the "Known Issues and Their Solutions" section in theResurrection readme. Otherwise, feel free to send us an email or contact us on our forum and we'll try to help you. We're also interested in your opinion of the game and the experiences from your playthroughs. Lastly, let us know if you come across any bugs so we can fix them. Apart from the aforementioned forum and email, you can reach us on our Facebook or Twitter.

Enjoy the game!

fores.png

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Hard to say. I travel around a lot, save quests for when I meet the optimal requirements, and reload constantly to try different solutions. And there is actually something that looks like a Doctor check in the second settlement, but it's only used to bypass a 10 cap expenditure. Meanwhile, the speech checks in the same area require 70 to 80% skill and earn you several hundred caps as well as skipping a major battle.

Good to hear.
And back to study, it seems it requires a mouse and doesn't run on notebooks's touchpad. :negative:

Strange i play on notebook with touchpad, everything seems okay.

Viata

Arcane
And back to study, it seems it requires a mouse and doesn't run on notebooks's touchpad. :negative:

Strange i play on notebook with touchpad, everything seems okay.

Not here, it's the same error I get for trying to run Elminage - Gothic or dosbox without a mouse, for example: "failure initializing input device". I think it's related to FO2 gog version, though. FO Nevada runs ok while FO2 GOG nope, same problem.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Protip: exhausting optional dialogue topics with NPCs will unlock further quests with other NPCs later on. Wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't started a second parallel playthrough.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Hey Bubbles I'm playing this now too. Based on what you've seen, does the itemization support a thrown weapons character?

Wolfenswan

Novice
Classic fallout experience so far:

• Agonize way too long over character creation before deciding to go yet again with small framed/gifted min-max
  • Fighting initial trash mobs takes an absurd amount of time because I'm too miserly to waste ammo on them and ofc my melee sucks.
  • Get rescued by kind strangers, who seem to have managed to stay decent, despite the downfall of civilization surrounding them.
  • Proceed to rob them blind.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Oh by the way, I'll give my regular Classic Game Resolution Opinion: since F1/2 were originally in 640x480, if you're on a widescreen monitor, play this in 960x540 (16:9) or 960x600 (16:10) with AR-correct stretching of all game elements. It look pretty good, and those resolutions are also perfect 1:4 pixel scaling so that you don't get blurry bullshit for 1080/1200p monitors.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Anyone figure out how to calm down the crazy biting dog in Rat Hole?

Jerky. There's at least 11 pieces to loot and pickpocket around town.

Hey Bubbles I'm playing this now too. Based on what you've seen, does the itemization support a thrown weapons character?

I haven't found any large source of good thrown weapons yet, and the big early quest rewards focus on small guns and melee weapons. By the time I'd found three throwing knives and two flares, I'd also found over 200 bullets. But it's probably possible to play with a thrown build anyway, since so much of the early game combat can be bypassed.

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Got privileged memory error when trying to play new game; its weird cause had the same problem with Czech version dindu nuffin and after some 2 weeks could play it then. Fallout Nevada still runs and pours wtf... well time to find F02 original disc.

Turned off Skype and Steam and its working fine now... as to impression its good but not as fun as Nevada was... I miss new weapons and other cool shit they made for that game.

Last edited:

valcik

Arcane
"failure initializing input device"
There's a couple of suggestions from another users on gog forums, give it a try:
https://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/failure_initializing_input_devices

Also, this is from sfall readme:
On startup, fallout crashes with a 'Failure initializing input devices' error
- In ddraw.ini, in the [input] section, change BackgroundKeyboard to 1 and see if that fixes the error. If it doesn't change BackgroundMouse to 1 too.
Are you running Linux by chance? There's a couple of hints in Resurrection readme explaining how to make sfall work properly under Linux.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I got it around 1:30 EST, been playing it. Like the difficulty, starting out with a zip gun is fucking hard. I'm still on the Rat Hole investigation quest, pretty interesting imo. I'm not done with it yet, but I think it's Alexa. I haven't found any agregious errors in translation, just a few misspellings and the writing isn't bad, especially for a mod. Also, anybody else get the feeling that the designers wanted you to prefer Julian by far?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Also, anybody else get the feeling that the designers wanted you to prefer Julian by far?

I don't want to spoil the quest here, but the initial setup - one side wants ammo, the other wants medicine, one side is comprised almost entirely of raging junkies, the other is relatively normal - also seemed pretty clear cut to me.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Also, anybody else get the feeling that the designers wanted you to prefer Julian by far?

I don't want to spoil the quest here, but the initial setup - one side wants ammo, the other wants medicine, one side is comprised almost entirely of raging junkies, the other is relatively normal - also seemed pretty clear cut to me.
Yeah, I haven't finished it yet. I've been too strapped for caps to get the supplies.

Viata

Arcane
"failure initializing input device"
There's a couple of suggestions from another users on gog forums, give it a try:
https://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/failure_initializing_input_devices

Also, this is from sfall readme:
On startup, fallout crashes with a 'Failure initializing input devices' error
- In ddraw.ini, in the [input] section, change BackgroundKeyboard to 1 and see if that fixes the error. If it doesn't change BackgroundMouse to 1 too.
Are you running Linux by chance? There's a couple of hints in Resurrection readme explaining how to make sfall work properly under Linux.
Nope, windows 7. Tried all this, didn't work. Gotta buy a mouse then. :negative:

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
You can get all the cash and items you need just by pickpocketing the guards. If that feels too cheap, the next easiest option is to quickly leave for the next town, where there's lots of money to be made.

Last edited:

Lemming42

Arcane
Cool twist at the end of the murder mystery quest, even if the subsequent mass exodus of mercs from the map lagged my computer to shit.

Also,
HEaewRd.png

Oops.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom