Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Lemming42

Arcane
Is there any way to change your mind in who you're supporting in Corath at the last minute? I'm at the point where Nestor has asked me to challenge Uncle to the ring, because I sort of got dragged along into supporting Nestor since I wanted to avoid the massive death toll of a miner rebellion, and now it seems like there's no way to turn the game back against Nestor other than simply walking in and massacring him and his guards. Which is fine, because I was planning to kill both Uncle and Nestor anyway, but it'd be nice to see if there's a non-combat alternative first.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Is there any way to change your mind in who you're supporting in Corath at the last minute? I'm at the point where Nestor has asked me to challenge Uncle to the ring, because I sort of got dragged along into supporting Nestor since I wanted to avoid the massive death toll of a miner rebellion, and now it seems like there's no way to turn the game back against Nestor other than simply walking in and massacring him and his guards. Which is fine, because I was planning to kill both Uncle and Nestor anyway, but it'd be nice to see if there's a non-combat alternative first.

I don't think so. If you choose that path you might have to kill a bunch of civilians too, but I assume you're only pursuing that path because you're doing an "evil" playthrough anyway.

By the way, the Watch has a thread about the mod too. Two posts so far:

pvKjD14.png

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
Of course you cant kill 10 ghouls at the start of the game, or a bunch of deathclaws... I feel the developers put a lot of thought into making the difficulty more realistic. Many of the encounters I had were obviously meant to be nigh impossible and Pushed resorting to other means: running away, stealth, using companions (ive found 4 who can join so far) turning factions against each other, and the old plant-a-bomb fallout trick.

A lot of situations that make it very hard to be a shining knight even if one doesnt want to be evil, its a rough world, this one.

Also: great plot twist when you find out who you are. Better than f2s main quest in concept.
I am not really talking about encounters being too hard. The biggest gripe I have with it at this point is that every encounter with ghoul patrols ends with me being dead within a turn or two. And I am not some level 1 character even. The encounters with the bigger groups of ghouls look like this for me. We spawn on the map, one or two of them get the first turn and shot at me, usually for around 15hp, or maybe 50 if that is the Power Armor Laser rifle ghoul. Then comes my turn, I can either stim up and shot once, or try to run away with my 10 ap. I run away, the whole band shots at me in their turn, and I am dead. Reload. Trying to walk from Sedith/Csomething to Albuquerque is an exercise in "Will I get ghoul patrol random encounter?" then I am dead and must reload. I can deal with it by saving frequently, or maybe I could invest more into outdoorsman. But at the moment, they are at the level of Enclave patrols random encounters from F2. I bet they are even more difficult with the changes to ammo penetration etc. Its straight up death on turn one.

But dont get me wrong, I like the mod. I like the multitude of solutions to quests. It is just my choice/luck that I decided to go with a more combat focused character for my first playthrough so my options are rather limited, and the combat is significantly more deadly than F2.

Ah. I just ran like hell as soon as I encountered them. Only now that I have power armor and decent guns am i even trying to take on ghoul patrols, or whole buildings of enemies. Taking on more than two or three guys with decent equipment at a time is almost always a death sentence for me. Also using the city maps to travel can circumvent having to deal with that pesky cave till later.

agris

Arcane
Patron
After starting some quests in Corath, the game's fps has become too low and unable to play and the only way to fix it is to change windows(ctrl+tab) every 10 seconds. Sadly this is happening to any save game I did before and if I start a new game too. I wonder if it's related to the number of save games. I have 7, does someone have more/same as me? Also, where I would delete them? Resurrection folder?
I got bad lag when I switched to the dx9 fullscreen renderer in ddraw. For some reason, the dx9 windowed renderer doesn't lag for me (edit: win7 R9 290). Remember to "Set GRAPHICS_MODE=0 to enable Basic mode which supports resolution change only (required for sfalls Graphic modes)" in f2_res if you change the render mode in ddraw.

This also lets you play in a multimonitor setup without the annoying change of primary monitor resolution. Play in windowed mode, with the window having your desktop resolution (ddraw) and the game being rendered in a lower resolution (f2_res) to see that sweet sweet Fallout art. I'm playing in a borderless 1920x1200 window with the game resolution at 960x600 and can seamlessly work on the second monitor if I want to.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

I don't think so. If you choose that path you might have to kill a bunch of civilians too, but I assume you're only pursuing that path because you're doing an "evil" playthrough anyway.

pvKjD14.png
sounds like the watch alright.

Lemming42

Arcane
Just got the updated Guardian of Forever easter egg encounter, which now has Stargate characters :lol:

Also reached the Rebirth Base, and it's great how the guard at the gate acknowledges if you have Lystra with you, rather than just shooting you to hell like the CoC did in Fallout 1 if you tried to bring companions in.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane

pvKjD14.png

By the way the watchers also love your technomancer review ,yes , all three of them :

2Hb6Yu7.jpg

Quatlo

Arcane

Killing ratscorpions at lvl 1 with a knife (out of bullets) is quite the chore

Disgusting, real men use their fists and quick footwork.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

pvKjD14.png

By the way the watchers also love your technomancer review ,yes , all three of them :

2Hb6Yu7.jpg

You liked it too, didn't you?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is it possible to talk nicol in sedit out of fighting you? I have speech 110 and shee wont let me talk her out of anything. Also is there a way to warn the sheriff? I would like to betray the mexicans but cant, the ghouls wont even talk to me anymore.

Choices ad Consequences Comrade; Me on the other hand talked to ghouls first and cant take quests from Mexicans... Done blind run in Fallout Nevada and managed to crack open military base there... I wish Resurection had such locations so far it all looks mech like reused assets and towns from first two games.

Cromwell

Arcane
Has someone noticed if its worthwhile to skill non combat skills beyond 100? I have speech a little bit over a hundred but dont know if I should skill even further or concentrate on other skills I want to have (science / repair / and energy for example)

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Has someone noticed if its worthwhile to skill non combat skills beyond 100? I have speech a little bit over a hundred but dont know if I should skill even further or concentrate on other skills I want to have (science / repair / and energy for example)

There are a couple of science and repair checks in the vicinity of 130% in the final area.

edit: I just checked, and there's at least one ~115% speech check too.

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
About the second quest for Adviser Elisa:
I go to the right house(the north-eastern one), unlock the door, into the basement and there is nothing nor nobody there. Went there during day and night. Does someone knows what is wrong here?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
About the second quest for Adviser Elisa:
I go to the right house(the north-eastern one), unlock the door, into the basement and there is nothing nor nobody there. Went there during day and night. Does someone knows what is wrong here?

They're outside, not inside.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Just built my unarmed fast talking thief, and found that it's p. OP. My character hs maxed strength and AGI, Small Frame and Heavy Handed. If I can't charm my way out of a situation, I punch my way out of it with 20 damage punches with spiked knuckles. Steal has allowed me to make enough money to actually buy shit. This gun be gud.

Cromwell

Arcane
Even the Rat Hole has some 80, 70, and 60 Speech skill checks.

where do you actually look what the checks need?
I am wondering because I tried to talk to the sheriff in sedit which attacks me after a lame excuse by me, no other options to talk about. The same happens with the sherriffs wife, I tried to seduce her with 120 in speech 9 char and the opposite sex perk.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Finished it. Took a long time, but much of it was due to reloading and trying different approaches. Probably spent close to 40 hours overall. Apart from the wobbly writing, it's basically a Fallout game.

c87Zrm8.png

valcik

Arcane
You've missed a couple of side quests Bubbles since I'm entering the last location with level 18 character without any grind. These sweet changes in perk system kicking in at level 18 sure would have helped you a lot! Good job anyway, I got my arse kicked on first try really hard and couldn't finish it at all.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I got locked into the "evil" side in Sedit and didn't want to see it through with this character. But I got some pretty bad outcomes in the ending slides anyway...

Oh, and I skipped most of the gecko hunts.

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane
I got locked into the "evil" side in Sedit and didn't want to see it through with this character. But I got some pretty bad outcomes in the ending slides anyway...

Oh, and I skipped most of the gecko hunts.

There are non evil options? I arrived in albuquerque and so far to me it seems every faction you may support are utter cunts

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
ALBQ in particular has some relatively clear-cut conflicts, like the stuff that happens with Anonym and the Mutant Hunters. But yeah, it's very grimdark; I only managed to get a single unambiguously positive outcome for any the settlements, and that already felt like a major victory.

By the way, I have to praise the mod creators for their handling of PROGEMA and the related quests and encounters; that stuff could easily have come across as cheap fan-fiction, but it seemed faithful to the Fallout Bible and brought something interesting to the game. I could've done without all the movie references, but that's also true to the original games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom