Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 1 force move blocking NPC?

cutterjohn

Cipher
Hello people,

I installed FO1 again last summer and started playing(never had blackout problems like another poster mentioned w/win2k sp4 dx9.0c w/an nVidia 7 series card), but I DO have a problem where a little shit child NPC is blocking my characters exit from a house in Shady Sands.

I've tried shifting my PC all over the place in the house trying to get the little shit to move, and even left the damned gaming running for a while hoping that it'd kick the NPC somewhere, but to no avail. I know that I could kill the little bastard, but I REALLY don't want to do that...

So, my question is, does anyone know of a way to force move NPCs in the Fallouts? Right now, my current game isn't far enough in that I'm worried about restarting, but I'd like to know if there is a fix in case it happens again at some later point in the game where I REALLY wouldn't enjoy having to restart. (I did a quick google, which turned up nothing at least on my search query...)

(I never noticed this the first time that I played through FO1 & 2 years ago... NPCs always seemed to move.)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The best and only force moving way I know off in FO 1 is the good old SMG burst into the head.

Section8

Cipher
The second one has a "swap places" icon on the context menu, but the first has nothing. Kinda frustrating, huh?

Fez

Erudite
Now you know why they thought of putting that in the second one.

mirrorshades

Liturgist
cutterjohn said:
I DO have a problem where a little shit child NPC is blocking my characters exit from a house in Shady Sands.
Try opening your PipBoy and resting for a while, until a different time of day. Some of the NPCs have different schedules in daytime and nighttime.

Sentenza

Scholar
How the fuck a single NPC could block you from both sides?

Just step back and wait he moves

Koby

Scholar
If you can fire one of you firearm without hitting anyone, NPC will enter battle mode and start running away.

There is a very good chance this will work on fallout2 only though.

mirrorshades

Liturgist
Sentenza said:

He did:
cutterjohn said:
I've tried shifting my PC all over the place in the house trying to get the little shit to move, and even left the damned gaming running for a while hoping that it'd kick the NPC somewhere, but to no avail.
I always hated the way child NPCs moved in Fallout. It's so freaking random. Plus, I never met a kid who would stand in the same place for hours at a time. :)

cutterjohn

Cipher
Sentenza said:

It's a little fucking hut with ONE exit which the little dipshit is standing in.

As to blowing the little shit away, I tried that, but then the whole village sort of got a little pissed which wouldn't be good at that point in the game...

Like I said though it's still early enough in the game to either just go back to a different save or re-start so no big deal. I was more interested in a solution if it happened later in the game, but I see that there is none other than blowing them away... Thanks for the replies...

Balor

Arcane
Pfft.
Even dumbfucks know that there are no Force moves in Fallout.
Well, unless you count Master's mind tricks.

cutterjohn

Cipher
I sort of figured that there was likely no way to move NPCs as I briefly googled about it when the NPC got in my way.

Weird thing is it NEVER happened to me way back when the game first came out and I played through it, but I also seem to vaguely recall other people bitching about it back and had wondered if someone had some secret hidden way to move the NPCs, i.e. debug commands or something.

(I also now vaguely recall than FO2 had a character swap command now that someone else has mentioned it, which further re-inforces the likelihood that one is stuck in FO1 once an NPC blocks and won't move...)

Oh, BTW we're eternally fucked now, as according to a /. article they not only licensed FO3, but now own all Fallout IP lock, stock, and barrel. Time to find/make a new franchise...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom